***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its sad when your GM gives up and become a seller at the trade deadline.

shit is grim here,

on the plus side im getting into games at VET type prices bcuz all the fair-weather has retreated back to south jersey.

still feel our team is above average, but injuries have destroyed us this season.

i like texas to finally win... well c what happens.

Anyone see Trout rob Gordon Beckham of a 2 run shot???

Beats his earlier season snag that robbed a hr.

Gavin Floyd blowing dick right out the gate. When you walk the first three guys you face,

you dig a hole that's hard to get out of.

Youk had a huge night.

Thorton brought in to lose the game.

Tough loss.

Obviously he got claimed. It's Cliff Lee, haha. I was pretty surprised that he even made it to the Dodgers and that no one with a worse record in the NL put in a claim just to block him. Also kinda surprised that the Phils were asking for a lot for him, when it would make sense to me for them to just get rid of his contract and maaaaaybe get a prospect. I'm sure a lot of Phillies fans would've gone berserk if they got rid of him just to dump his contract though, even though it would've been the smart move.

edit: This quote from someone on MLBtraderumors kinda sums up my feelings:

"If Lee were a free agent in the off season, would it be wise for the Phillies to sign him to a 3 year 87.5MM / 4 year 102.5MM contract?

No, it wouldn't. So let the Dodgers sign that contract. Here's your Get-out-jail-free card, take it."

Archived