***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD LUCK TO ALL REMAINING IN THE PLAYOFFS.

AFTER YESTERDAY, I HAVE TO SAY IM AGAINST THE SECOND WC.

IT WATERS DOWN THE MLB, AND YES IF THAT WERE THE PHILLIES BEATING THE BRAVES I WOULD HAVE SAID THE SAME THING...

I TOOK OAKLAND FOR PENANT AND WS

ALL UNDERDOGS IN THE FIRST ROUND.

GIANTS

OAKLAND

ST LOUIS.

Completely agree. I really like that it makes the playoff race (and actually clinching your division) a lot more important/exciting, but 1 game playoffs should be reserved for game 163 situations. I also really don't like how the wild card winners now get home field for the first two games of the division series too.

On the other hand though, I do understand that they don't really want to make the season/playoffs any longer than they already are, but fuck that. Give me more baseball.

Except the playoffs are really short unless every series goes to the final game. I think the wildcard teams should play at least a 3 game series (more realistically a 5 game series) to show that they deserve/earned playing for a chance at a World Series Championship. A 1 game playoff is just like having an extra game added to the regular season and doesn't add much excitement to the playoff atmosphere like when a whole series does.

Agreed. Though I think a 5 game series might be too much in terms of downtime for the division winners' pitching staffs. 5-7 days off for the starters isn't really what you want to see. I think a 3 game would probably be the ideal length and would only add 4 or 5 days to the schedule, depending how they want to do the days off.

Watched the Reds-Giants game, starting picther goes down and they still held that shit together.

The play-offs are more exciting this year than they have been in a long time.

Detroit-Oakland is an awesome match-up, best of luck to the A's.

No hate on Detroit.

The pitching alone for the Reds is nasty. What with about to take game two and heading back home for game three, no doubt they'll sweep SF.

So even though we have a better record, we get the "privilege" of playing and being forced to win the last three games at home. Fucking genius. Fucking errors. Go A's