Occupy Wall Street

ILOTSMYBRAIN

well, i hate to say i told you so guys but i really think i'm done talking politics here. i think we are on the verge of seeing an actual revolution, whether or not these people are right or wrong i think they've set off the spark that needed to be set off and this will culminate into something bigger than it already is. is that going to be good or bad? i don't know. i'd say probably more bad than good with the mentality a majority of these people have... but hopefully smart people will stay involved and we won't be mislead. i have a feeling that we will see and experience very incredible things in 2012, and this is only the beginning of the protests in the streets. all of my conversations and debates here on this forum have lead up to this point, and i think for the most part my own perspective has been validated by the events that have unfolded since i started posting here. i'm done trying to debate and argue with people to help them see the world the way i see it... and i wish you all the best of luck in the future with whatever happens. if this protest dies down and fades into history as insignificant, and nothing happens in 2012, than thank goodness for that and i won't feel the slightest bit ashamed. it was fun guys... but i'm out.

FUCK THE N.W.O!

Vote for Ron Paul 2012!!

zig8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha, that sucks.

anyone here out east? i'd like to hear more first hand stuff about whats going on.

seattle is going seemingly well with some reasonable support and some bullshit, tacoma is growing, but its an ugly process.

i'm curious to see how the park clean up in NY goes tomorrow, i kinda feel like this could be the spark before violence or mass arrests at the least.

The protesters aren't looking for altercations it is the police that is doing that, because they want a reason to come down with the iron first.

They protesters by in large are not falling for the bait, which shows because if they were actually looking for an altercation, as soon as that women would have gotten hit, or the other guy who was actually ran over by a Police scooter (video is on youtube) a riot would have started. It didn't.

Yes, it is a strategy taken by the movement in large to only post certain angles of videos on youtube. A conspiracy against police to make them seem so unlike the public protectors we all know and can trust. Bastards....

Meanwhile the video clearly shows the women using her hands first. I don't know if the cop touched her prior to her hitting him or what, but honestly if your girl hit you like that would you do the same?

If not I do not see how he handled the situation appropriately. Than again, I don't think hitting women is acceptable at all unless you are defending yourself from harm, and as she wasn't attacking him where he would actually be in danger, he fucked up.

To each his own though, I guess.

Considering we can see at least 40 cameras in that video, where is the rest of the footage?

Fair call as well, hitting women is not appropriate in any setting as far as my upbringing is concerned.

I was under the impression that the Police are trained to disregard gender and act the same way no matter whether the perpetrator be male or female.

What were they doing that made the Police engage? Doesn't appear to be the spot that they are allowed to be protesting in, just looks like a street?

I don't think everyone runs home to upload things to youtube.

Police are also trained various other things that shouldn't be condoned or tolerated. I'm sure that is their stance publicly, but if you hit any of their female family members or a female member of the force that hypocrisy will be shown for what it is.

The police cause a lot of these problems with how they blockade sections, they close off sidewalk and entire streets at a time, I am not saying that they (the protesters) are 100% resolved of any kind of blame, just putting things in perspective. For example the Brooklyn Bridge fiasco, would have never happened if it wasn't for police practice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/14/hiv-positive-man-punched-by-cop_n_1011144.html

Different angle, not even a chick and well you judge for yourself.

He's HIV positive too...

Also LOL to arresting a man who kicks a Police scooter after you run him over and leave the scooter on his leg, who's also part of the Lawyers Guild.

Like anything, selection bias is present. This is how narrative of an event is created. There is no conspiracy to bury the footage. People draw on certain information/actions to present a story which fits their narrative to the world. The protesters, collectively or individually, will upload what they see as furthering their interests. Its no different from the media agencies which will interview some at the expense of others, or use certain footage and not other footage to present the story they feel will attract viewers. This is how history unfolds.

They will upload what they see, but only the 'shocking' coverage will get air time. Videos of the Police being calm and collected with a steady hand won't get any hits on the blogs and youtube, etc. etc. Noone wants to see the Police doing the right thing.

Not quite. As per my previous post, a process of selection takes place long before things hit the internet. They wont upload what they see, they will upload what they feel is significant and worthy of others viewing. But yes, you are right, footage of the police being nice guys isn't particularly useful for anyone protesting hence it is not proliferated. This process is no different from taking a camera on holiday and showing a selection of photos to your friends afterwards. The process of selection, and reduction, demonstrates the selectors interests and in that sense reveals their agenda.

OK so they won't upload anything showing that the Police are 99.9% handling this whole thing correctly. Which is hypocritical of their entire movement.

Well hopefully people start beating the shit out of cops and then this thing can really kick off.

Fuck em, the more police getting beat the better the world is.

Good looks to the UK for their turnout numbers, making the US look like pussies as always.

Also heard Rome's poppin off, good shit.

Now you're defending drug dealers as a means of debate? Dealers with morals? The reason they don't come out with a video saying most drug dealers are moral members of society is because it's not true. Come on mate. You're better than this.

I know that's not what you meant though. I see your point in regards to picking and choosing...

Their entire movement is based around fair and even distribution of knowledge and wealth. When they consciously stem the flow of the entirety of the information, they are doing exactly what they are fighting against.