moving abroad

yonis

I started filling out the New Zealand paperwork I had briefly mentioned a few pages ago.

Not sure if I'm gonna submit it yet... anyone know how strict I can expect a comparable country to the U.S. to be about what kind of job field I'm in, etc.? I have like $0.00 savings so I'm not ready to hop just yet, but I still won't be ballin' when I go...

I also kinda want to get my master's, so I may have to work the student visa / student loan route... but I'm almost out of debt from my bachelor's, so more debt doesn't sound too great.

I lived in American Samoa for just a few months, but eventually wanna go back there to settle down I think. Once I'm there, I should be good. The second week I was there, our village govt rep pulled up to our yard and said "I heard you have a college degree?"... basically offered me a job just on that... that shit doesn't happen in the states. I wasn't sure how long I was staying at that point, so I didn't take it... but I kinda regret it. I do kinda want to find a lady first... I'm only 27, but that's like... past marryin' age in the 3rd world, so maybe I can find a woman to go isle style with me if I go to NZ.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been to a lot of third world countries. If you're living the starving farmer life in some village men do marry a bit earlier but actually what I've seen from the br0's I've met (n/h) etc is third world men (from middle class to upper class) often marry later than in westernised countries. They basically have an uphill battle getting their masters degrees and whatever they want to do before they get married done so they often dont get hitched until atleast 32 33 or so. The girls get pawned off earlier though.

Maybe you being samoan have a different take on this. meh.

Personally I dont think much of New Zeland, but that's just because I grew up in a similar country (Australia).

i'll probably sell my car and such when i'm actually trying to put the plan in motion.

it's kinda pathetic how much the girl factor plays into it. i don't know who i expect to meet... but i've met all the girls in this city, heh.

seems like in samoa they get married straight out of high school... there's no waiting for school because 2yr college is the highest education you can get on-island. everybody when i was there kept asking if i was married.

the other reason i couldn't meet a girl there is that they're all super religious.

maybe i'll just be a lonely old drunk crazy guy though. that sounds fine, too.

it's kinda pathetic how much the girl factor plays into it. i don't know who i expect to meet..

maybe i'll just be a lonely old drunk crazy guy though. that sounds fine, too.

yea, i hear that. i dont know what i expected. how ever i have met a lot of girls, they seem to love americans and also seem to tell their friend about the american kid they met (as i found out last night, "oh so YOUR the AMERICAN?!") but "while you sit there and think about life it just happens so go out and live it" is pretty true. if you just go out shit comes to you.

and its almost sad, but i feel the same way

more

6164395755_42214049ed_z.jpg

always been fascinated by that stuff^

6164396029_b1e1635e1e_z.jpg

6164928644_dea32cbec6_z.jpg

6164395311_2cc455c385_z.jpg

i dont get it

6164928966_c224f8d83e_z.jpg

6164393501_e558faf1ed_z.jpg

6164393337_3684ed3a44_z.jpg

im so cool

6164927000_9d5f252b8d_z.jpg

i just looked at this picture and realized what they said..the first two are def me

6164926800_3f3b4a4b29_z.jpg

6164392653_9294169e4d_z.jpg

6164926352_0f31c794f3_z.jpg

ive been waiting to see that

6164926210_bfc5c3fbf2_z.jpg

step fathers friends bday

6164929410_848093caf3_z.jpg

i dont think you guys know about that shit......

6164394399_69a4eb4ae2_z.jpg

6164393841_2d5523c93a_z.jpg

6164928074_40db693c5f_z.jpg

mushhhhhhhh

start of a litttle road trip around northern france.. in rennes

6164396471_e233ce89e1_z.jpg

6164396255_73ccc55e45_z.jpg

thats the entrance to the metro, ha.

On an unrelated note McDonald's took a photo of a real shitty tag I did and blew it up to about 3ft x 4ft and used it for their wallpaper in a Parisian location. I walked into the McD's randomly (my friend wanted a double cheezeburger, I don't eat McDonald's) on Friday night. I'm not sure if they use hip hop graffiti wallpaper in their locations besides in Paris, but it was kind of surreal that I should walk into a MacDo and find my old, shitty tag.

But I did.

Kewl stor1 br0, I know.

That is the McDonalds that stole my tag.

• Like 1

Also Yonis, even though you're kind of mouching of your fam a little bit. Do you have some idea of what the economy is like over there now?

Is it still kick out the gypsies and raise the working age status?

shittt niggga. my mom gave me 1500$ before i left. (i stupidly haven't saved any of the money i made from the past 5 years of working/spent it all on drugs), and that lasted me 2 weeks. then i got a job, quit after 6 days, they paid me 370E, and now i'm on vacation with my mom. that 370E has lasted me til now, and i still have 100 left.

before i left i did a trial at this restaurant, and the guy said when i get back i'll have something for me, so i'm not that worried. restaurants are basically my lief and people always need to eat.

but yeah, i know it sucks for the majority of people under 25 and that a lot of people don't work and live of the gov't.

Im not going to lie I love how a lot of french niggas dont give a fuck about work. I spent some time with a 33 yr old woman from northern france last yr. Didn't have a career , didn't give a fuck. She just wanted to travel around and maybe open a hostel one day. Thumbs up.

But yo on the reals, what was asking was what the economy is like there right now. If I move to Paris I dont want to eat the money I'll save on my education on living costs.

Try and imagine your a 27 yr old international man of mystery with no mortgage or other commitments, who's thinking to do his masters degree and then maybe settle down into the life of a genius.