moving abroad

yonis

I was genuinely interested to see where this thread would go, I saw it was at 5 pages so I decided to read. In summary you've moved to Paris, taken a rack of shitty blackberry pictures and found weed/your Oxy stash. Now this thread has turned into you and that other Nurka debating who has the best hash.

I am disappoint.

Yeah don't bring me into your little dose of hateraide. It wasnt that long ago that 50 eu was roughly 100 usd. That bud just didnt look much value for money so I asked a question.

I actually rarely smoke and couldn't care less who has the best hash....nigga

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are yanks in Berlin, they don't really mind. Yes, as far as western europe goes berlin is definately up there in my books. If you like to paint (as in artworks) or whatever it's a good spot. The streets are fun and the apartments in the east I saw there had a spacious studio warehouse vibe with a matress on the ground but still a nice/functional kitchen. You could easily organise a good home studio in a good environment (i.e. the city itself) I think.

Israelis are an acquired taste. They can come of rough and pushy but most are nice people when you get to know them. I don't mind it though. I find their forward honesty to be refreshing even though I'd never take that route. But I can totally understand why you might not like them.

Interesting, the cost to get to china for example is reasonable?

More so than the states. Everything is relative.

Israelis are an acquired taste. They can come of rough and pushy but most are nice people when you get to know them. I don't mind it though. I find their forward honesty to be refreshing even though I'd never take that route. But I can totally understand why you might not like them.

More so than the states. Everything is relative.

Honestly I have to agree with our little junky friend. I've met very few Israeli's that I liked. I like straight forward people also but I've found a lot of them to be straight up conceited and generally shit. I think that's also maybe because I've never been to Israel. Most of the Israelites I've met have been traveling, so I guess many of the standout douchebags had just finished their military service.

So does that mean you can't travel up into the arab states? Kind of a bummer. Been to Egypt yet?

Nah, I really have no interest in going to any of the Arab states. Its nothing personal, there is just nothing there I want to see. Some friends of mine have been to Egypt and Jordan. I don't know, if Turkey counts as an Arab state, but a lot of Israelis go there, less so recently.

I'm interested in Italy, France, Basque, England, all the different Mediterranean Islands and Scandinavia. I have plans to see Milan in spring. It should be fun.

I haven't been to the Arab states but they sound awesome. Like Israel so much history. I guess for you it's different (frankly speaking it does sound personal for you). I haven't been to Milan but I've been to Italy. I tend to like lively and historic (though sometimes dirty ) places. So I went to Napoli and Rome and loved them both. I'm sure you're flying but I was actually researching a trip to Israel a couple years back and discoveredd you can actually catch a boat to Europe. Kind of interesting. Either way enjoy.

So does that mean you can't travel up into the arab states? Kind of a bummer. Been to Egypt yet?

Countries that do not accept Israeli passports (from wikipedia)

Algeria[7]

Bangladesh[8]

Brunei[9]

Djibouti[10]

Iran[11][12]

Kuwait[13][14]

Lebanon

Libya[15]

Malaysia (Clearance permit needed from the Ministry of Internal Security.)[16]

Indonesia

Pakistan[17]

Qatar (Clearance permit needed from the Ministry of Internal Security.)

Saudi Arabia[18][19]

Somalia[citation needed]

Sudan[20]

Syria

United Arab Emirates (Clearance permit needed from the Ministry of Internal Security.)[21]

Yemen[22][23.]

Some people have two passports if they travel in the area a lot.

some coutnries will deny you if you even have the stamp: Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, Iran, Libya, Kuwait and Sudan.

you can make a polite decline of the stamp in Israeli customs and they'll honor it.

not all the arab states do that though

Morocco, Jordan and Egypt don't care.

of course i wonder too if you can just say 'i was going to palestine'

there is a palestine stamp and i know israel hassles people about it

http://clpmag.org/article.php?article=State-of-Palestine_00316

i've been to egypt btw, and it is AMAZING. indonesia is dope too.. my passport expires in one year, i should prolly run to israel before i have to get a new one haha

• Like 1

yes I've actually become reasonably well versed in the politics of that region, especially recently, so I knew he could basicaly travel down but not up. Thanks though darling. I haven't been to egypt yet but it's definately on the list. Everyone who I've talked to have said good things about indo. The food of theirs I've tried is delicious.

yeah fred, i love most of the artists' takes on the politics in that area. some hilarious, some sad

Yeah, he's a good journalist, and I actually think he's a good illustrator as well.

I'd like to flip through the book he did about Bosnia since I have been there. (well after the 90's).

i think as a rule most graffiti isn't good, but it seems a higher percentage of european stuff is real bad.

eh with a lot of that stuff either you get it or you don't I guess. Personally I like some of the clean trains on that blog (the big dirty 2 or 3 colour ones. They look like they've filled with roll paint?).

Not that anyone gives a shit, but what I respect with a lot of Frenchie (and many Euro writers as well) is that they are more willing to switch up what they're painting, it's not just the same throwup/piece/tag in a repetitive fashion.

Even if it looks bad, it still looks good in that it's a progression vs. a stagnancy.

Yeah, anyway.

Do one of you Frenchies (or otherwise) want to give me some advice on how long it will take to learn French fluently?

I learnt for about 6 years up to the age of 12 but have lost it since. I'd like to learn to a level where I can write a 2000 plus word essay which will properly articulate my genius. hah

Pretty sure that will all be based on how much effort you put into it.

Most people I know that have learned languages well enough to hold meaningful conversations or write letters that aren't anything more than smalltalk busted their asses for the better part of 2 years to get to that level.

I'm talking waking up for classes, studying during their free time, talking as much as possible in the language & asking for correction from others.

I know a guy who learned Korean in about a year and a half.

Another that learned Japanese in about 2 years.

French shouldn't be too hard if you are learning France French & not some fucked up version from some African country.

Like me down here in Mexico.

These indian fucks don't speak regular Spanish like I was taught in school.

It's all mixed up & fucked.

• Like 1