************************ hella sikk tattz thread?

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: ************where is the tattoo thread?

i never look at grimes tattoos, i don't even like most of them, but every time i draw something, i strive to make it like him.

that's how you know you're next level. when its not even about copying your style, it's about matching your ethic.

ha. he's one of my most influential tattooers, and i wouldn't really ask for him anything either.

which is weird, cause logically it makes no sense. i couldn't name 5 tattoos he's done, but it doesn't matter. i respect the detail he puts into things. the time and effort and how he doesn't cut corners or be lazy just because he can be. i do tattoos everyday that are fucking lazy and i hate it, but customers are stupid so it doesn't matter. even without trying i do a better job than the guy down the street so it's easy to not try harder, but that dude... the guy down the street doesn't even exist, he's trying hard regardless. thats what i respect.

• Like 1

WOW, i am agreeing with seek...

[/b]

do we not get along or something?

forgive me, my memory is short and often soaked in alcohol.

i always respected you as being one of the few people who really brought something good to this[that :o ] thread. sorry if for some reason i ever offended or insulted you.

i can change the title back, but i can't do anything about anything else.

incase you guys have not noticed, things are changing around here.

old guard is being retired.

why shop at a flagship store when you can just hire a bunch of tj maxi employees?

days are numbered. make your requests of KOH and i while you still can.

I would never get that Death Before Planking tattoo, but I love the sentiment. Fucking FUCK.

Edit: to both of those flash pieces.

Edit 2: Fuck getting anything tattooed on me that has to do with the Internet.

/drunk.

That last one is rad.

I co-sign everything Seeks said. With the exception that I love Grimes tattoos and would wear one. But yes, the thing that is the best about him is the absolute work ethic and his lack of giving a shit about the current currents of the tattoo river.

ALso, this place is getting harder and harder to visit everyday.12oz used to be one of my favorite things, if nothing else, because of the amount of friends I had here actively participating, and the amount of inside jokes and stories it created. Half of those friends haven't been around in years.

When I kind of stopped giving two shits about graffiti I would still come to CH0, but now look at it. It's just literally a pile of the stupidest people that I've ever seen feeding off each other and repeating the same catchphrases and acting like anything they say or do is worth anything.

So then this thread was the saving grace. And the occasional jaunt in to the great pics and redheads threads. But even the tattoo thread started to get real gay. People getting but thurt way easily when they get corrected, people with no tattoo ability whatsoever trying to critique shit they know nothing about. All the "oh that's so elitist" shit. I'm almost glad it went away, because now even the nostalgia of that threads best days isn't keeping me here.

There's no replacement for what this place used to be or the things we(long time members)have done to make it fun while everything else went to shit. It's just going to be done. Soon. SO yeah, make what requests while you still can.

• Like 1

I have one very small tattoo from Grime--a single letter shoehorned into a weird space on my forearm. It's the fanciest tattoo I have, by a long shot.

I totally agree with Seeks; not everything he does is for me, but it still blows me away. All of it. And when he does do something that I'm into--say, the cobra on Todd Noble--I can hardly bear it. It's that good.

And here it is:

DSC0754_copy.jpg

Man, I'd forgotten about that.

Ok, I take it back, I'd definitely get something from him. However, I'd need to be real specific about what it was. Ha. I don't like his skulls at all. They're super well done, just not my style. But that snake. Fuck, that thing goes so hardt, it almost hurts. But yeah, dude is a monster.

I really liked the fact that he admitted that without his accident he probably wouldn't try as hard. That's an insane amount of humbleness and honesty from s guy who doesn't need to admit that at all. He could just say "naw, it's just who I am", but he acknowledges it, which rules. Can't wait for the rest of it.