Jeopardy IBM Challenge. WATSON.

LEVEL 75 PALADIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
It was just on for a half an hour (wtf) it's usually an hour. It's a 3 day thing. It was smoking them at the get go but it was tied at the end. I thought they were going to do a best of 3 but it looks like they are just dragging one show over 3 days? Weak.

was this the first episode, second...? Im curious to watch if there are more.

i call bs....nigga got the daily double ..when it picked a "random' box on its first try.

i want say they took all the places of where daily doubles have been in the history of jeopardy and made an equation to guess where it was going to be

probably one of the easier algorithms they had to make

It was just on for a half an hour (wtf) it's usually an hour. It's a 3 day thing. It was smoking them at the get go but it was tied at the end. I thought they were going to do a best of 3 but it looks like they are just dragging one show over 3 days? Weak.

nah jeopardy is always only a half hour.

nah jeopardy is always only a half hour.

Yea I think I just got confused when it cut off before the end. I rewatched the youtube posts and it's going to be 2 games over 3 shows.

The NOVA episode was awesome also, I should have included it in my first post.

Smartest Machine on Earth

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/smartest-machine-on-earth.html

No cable/netflix has left me with Maury and Judge Joe Brown in the day, and geeking out with PBS at night haha.

i want say they took all the places of where daily doubles have been in the history of jeopardy and made an equation to guess where it was going to be

probably one of the easier algorithms they had to make

This is exactly what they did. Read it in some article a few days ago. I can't even fathom what sort of math went into getting Watson to get the subtleties of the questions on Jeopardy

the main advantage the machine has is how fast it rings in to answer. ken and brad probably both know most of the answers but aren't able to ring in fast enough to beat the machine to answering.

this is pretty much just free advertising for ibm like when deep blue played gary kasparov and beat him. their stock went through the roof. there were also allegations that deep blue had help in beating kasparov. publicity stuntin'.

i thought this was a pretty cool demo.

easily the best parts are when the computer gets it totally wrong

but there was that spree for a minute where i thought the comp was just going to run away with the whole thing.

anyway, clearly it ain't skynet..

....yet.

:haha: