Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LEVEL 75 PALADIN

Jeopardy IBM Challenge. WATSON.

It was just on for a half an hour (wtf) it's usually an hour. It's a 3 day thing. It was smoking them at the get go but it was tied at the end. I thought they were going to do a best of 3 but it looks like they are just dragging one show over 3 days? Weak.

It was just on for a half an hour (wtf) it's usually an hour. It's a 3 day thing. It was smoking them at the get go but it was tied at the end. I thought they were going to do a best of 3 but it looks like they are just dragging one show over 3 days? Weak.

was this the first episode, second...? Im curious to watch if there are more.

i am now exposed

:lol:

best youtube comment:

"give the next watson sean connory's voice so it can mock trebeck after it misses questions."

SixBreed2 5 hours ago 77

• Like 1

i call bs....nigga got the daily double ..when it picked a "random' box on its first try.

i want say they took all the places of where daily doubles have been in the history of jeopardy and made an equation to guess where it was going to be

probably one of the easier algorithms they had to make

nah jeopardy is always only a half hour.

I saw a documentary about this, on Nova or something. In the beginning of Watson's deveolpment, "it" or "he" was hilariosuly off on his answers. But shieeet....HAL lookin ass nigga.

nah jeopardy is always only a half hour.

Yea I think I just got confused when it cut off before the end. I rewatched the youtube posts and it's going to be 2 games over 3 shows.

The NOVA episode was awesome also, I should have included it in my first post.

Smartest Machine on Earth

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/smartest-machine-on-earth.html

No cable/netflix has left me with Maury and Judge Joe Brown in the day, and geeking out with PBS at night haha.

i want say they took all the places of where daily doubles have been in the history of jeopardy and made an equation to guess where it was going to be

probably one of the easier algorithms they had to make

This is exactly what they did. Read it in some article a few days ago. I can't even fathom what sort of math went into getting Watson to get the subtleties of the questions on Jeopardy

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now