***Streaming Service "Instant" Watch***

NightmareOnElmStreet

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read about the changes today. They are effective 1 September for existing customers.

I have three kids and the $16 is worth it for those kids movies. I also do not have cable or dish, so Netflix is all I am paying for.

They will get my $16 a month.

I just wish they brought back the brotherhood so I can finish the season.

netflix is renegotiating all its contracts with starz and disney and everyone really in the next couple years. this is only the beginning of price hikes. that being said, im still paying.

Netflix is about to become less compelling bargain for people who want to stream videos and also watch DVDs: The company's abandoning its $9.99 a month plan that enabled subscribers to watch unlimited video streams and also have one DVD out at a time sent via mail. The price for that combo service will jump to $15.98 as Netflix requires consumers to separately order unlimited streaming for $7.99 a month or 1-at-a-time DVD rentals for $7.99. The new pricing begins immediately for new customers, and on Sept. 1 for existing ones. Netflix already offered the streaming-only service, and is spinning this as a price break for DVD-only subscribers. "By better reflecting the underlying costs and offering our lowest prices ever for unlimited DVD, we hope to provide a great value to our current and future DVD-by-mail members," Chief Service and Operations Officer Andy Rendich said in a release.

yeah, i don;t know what to do... i only watch about 1 or 2 movies through the mail per month, so i'll probably cancel that portion of my membership.. we have a nice independent video store who is really hurting, so maybe the silver lining is they'll get business back..

definitely gonna keep their (admittedly week) streaming catalog.

yeah, i don;t know what to do... i only watch about 1 or 2 movies through the mail per month, so i'll probably cancel that portion of my membership.. we have a nice independent video store who is really hurting, so maybe the silver lining is they'll get business back..

I had a great independent video store with good foreign/indie films close by as long as I can remember (Le Video) but I moved an 1 1/2 hours away and all I have now is netflix....I hate blockbuster and avoid it if possible

THIS!

there is a really rad video store around my way that i boycotted years ago

for not hiring me and high prices. but i'm feeling like it deserves another chance.

theres a big sign in window marker that reads "NETFLIX ISN'T LOCAL! SHOP * *!"

they have a blaxploitation section. gonna have to reconsider things.

I keep hearing about how people are canceling their Netflix because of the price increase, but what I do not get, is where can you get soooooo many movies for $16 a month? Redbox and video stores do not even come close.

This. People are acting like they went up to 50 bucks a month.

Blockbuster charges something like 5-6 bucks per movie

Red Box charges 1 dollar for one day

Netflix charges 7.99 for unlimited streaming or unlimited DVDs, or 15.98 for both PER MONTH.

Now this would be a little more expensive if you watched one movie per month, but people need to realize how much they save when matching mutiple movies.

I have DirecTV in my house, and we pay almost 250 bucks per month.

People need to stop complaining and realize how much they are sucking netflix dry. Movie rights arent free.

Freedom isnt free

This. People are acting like they went up to 50 bucks a month.

Blockbuster charges something like 5-6 bucks per movie

Red Box charges 1 dollar for one day

Netflix charges 7.99 for unlimited streaming or unlimited DVDs, or 15.98 for both PER MONTH.

Now this would be a little more expensive if you watched one movie per month, but people need to realize how much they save when matching mutiple movies.

I have DirecTV in my house, and we pay almost 250 bucks per month.

People need to stop complaining and realize how much they are sucking netflix dry. Movie rights arent free.

Freedom isnt free

Sucking netflix dry? :lol: 250 a month for directv......whats that??

Archived