MLB 2011.. never to early thread!

KARD like WOE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's better they did, players aren't managers or doctors, they are players.

utley had a similar problem last year, they rushed him back because "he said he was ok" and he re-injured himself and was useless last season, happened to jroll too. i respect competitors and guys who wanna be out there play-in for their team. but it's a long season. sit down, get healthy, then play... it's about a team, not a record.

That's actually what Paul O'neill was talking about today.

How chase said he was fine then 3 games later was out again.

Its just if you saw the AB he had when it hurt himself, you

would never think in a millions years that he actually hurt himself.

With the schedule we have coming up, he'll get it against the Mets at Citi I predict.

How does everyone feel about the proposed realignment for the MLB...

I don't think it will happen, and I can't see the Astros in the AL

AllStar Ballot...

maybe bias :lol:

1st.

Mark Teixeira

Prince Fielder

2nd.

Robertson Cano

Rickie Weeks

SS.

Asdrubal Cabrera

Troy Tulowitzki

3rd.

Alex Rodriguez

Placido Polanco

C.

Alex Avila

Brian McCann

DH.

David Ortiz

OF.

Curtis Granderson

Jose Bautitsa

Grady Sizemore

Matt Kemp

Ryan Braun

Matt Holliday

hoodfella329,

i don't think i ever said "career minor leaguer" at least i can't recall that...

brown is doing a bit better now because he is getting more starts, which builds confidence and provides experience... im not "sold" on him quite yet though.

it's like when a pitcher comes into the league and looks great and starts dominating, aka vance worley on the phils, he has a bunch of great starts and then struggles, why does this happen? well, scouts and managers ect ect watch film and they figure out weaknesses. they exploit those weaknesses, and if the player doesn't have the tools to adjust, then they don't last. now don't get it twisted i like vance, i was just making an analogy that you can understand if you watch the phils...

brown's hitting isn't disciplined to me, as far as making pitchers work, watching the patterns they through him ect. running the bags and watching the pick off doesn't seem to be quite there yet either, his arm needs strength to get to the plate, fielding balls smart, knowing hitters tendencies and where to stand ect ect.

hitting a couple balls over the wall off bums serving up meatballs aint enough to win me over. but, i do like him and i do want to see him do well. am i ready to crown him the top minor league prospect of the year like espn... nah, not quite yet.

hoodfella329,

i don't think i ever said "career minor leaguer" at least i can't recall that...

brown is doing a bit better now because he is getting more starts, which builds confidence and provides experience... im not "sold" on him quite yet though.

it's like when a pitcher comes into the league and looks great and starts dominating, aka vance worley on the phils, he has a bunch of great starts and then struggles, why does this happen? well, scouts and managers ect ect watch film and they figure out weaknesses. they exploit those weaknesses, and if the player doesn't have the tools to adjust, then they don't last. now don't get it twisted i like vance, i was just making an analogy that you can understand if you watch the phils...

brown's hitting isn't disciplined to me, as far as making pitchers work, watching the patterns they through him ect. running the bags and watching the pick off doesn't seem to be quite there yet either, his arm needs strength to get to the plate, fielding balls smart, knowing hitters tendencies and where to stand ect ect.

hitting a couple balls over the wall off bums serving up meatballs aint enough to win me over. but, i do like him and i do want to see him do well. am i ready to crown him the top minor league prospect of the year like espn... nah, not quite yet.

you said Ben Fransisco should be a career minor leaguer, my bad. I agree with everything else you said. I'm just hype that we are finally scoring some runs!

^ the official trailer for "Money Ball". A movie about Billy Beane (played by Brad Pitt) and the Oakland Athletics.

Back when they were filming there was an open call for extras. I got in on 2 days of filming. Just a fan in the seats, but I think I may have gotten a couple cameos! Haw!

phils r turning it on now.

i got two tix to the SF series here, im hoping to see timmy and her beautiful long hair.

cliff lee is coming around now as well, romero got demoted, i love it, he's garbage, make way for the youth.

cliff lee looks like a better hitter then francisco, francisco is the next on the chopping block.

also the youngin gordon that started for the yankees yesterday looked good, you can thank our minor leagues for that arm irishcarbombs you thief.

Archived