Heartburn pity party MEGAthread

mackfatsoe

i have heartburn occasionally but more often i have bad joint problems

i hate doctors so i always go for home remedies..

here are some i found for heartburn (people have lots of solutions so try a bunch if you can stand it):

chewing gum (wrigley's or mint)

pomegranate peels

pickle juice (wtf)

a pepperoncini or two

a handful of raisins

apple cider vinegar

raw ginger (2 pieces chopped up, microwaved in water 2 mins, drink)

mint tea

4-8 raw almonds

a teaspoon of mustard

lemon juice

red apple

papaya

people are swearing by this shit. clearly thr concept is to UP the acid in your stomach to get rid of excess. i don't know if it works. the mint concept is good, as is ginger, because they are proven to be good for aiding an ailing stomach

the vinegar remedy is clearly the most popular (also recommended by doctors)

mustard got a lot of recommendations too

doctors also recommend ginger and eating more citrus

*doctors don't like the milk or mint remedies because they relax the valve that keeps acid in your stomach, say to avoid alcohol (of course) tomatoes, chocolate, caffeine, and not to lie flat after eating

also eat low fat foods, (no cheezburgers) stop smoking, don't drink carbonated beverages and don't eat within 2.5 hours of sleeping

i'm waiting for the Zeiss woman to finish with our microscope so i had some time for this.

http://www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi?topicid=97&page=1

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-heartburn1.htm

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/47/73.cfm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i have heartburn occasionally but more often i have bad joint problems

i hate doctors so i always go for home remedies..

here are some i found for heartburn (people have lots of solutions so try a bunch if you can stand it):

chewing gum (wrigley's or mint)

pomegranate peels

pickle juice (wtf)

a pepperoncini or two

a handful of raisins

apple cider vinegar

raw ginger (2 pieces chopped up, microwaved in water 2 mins, drink)

mint tea

4-8 raw almonds

a teaspoon of mustard

lemon juice

red apple

papaya

people are swearing by this shit. clearly thr concept is to UP the acid in your stomach to get rid of excess. i don't know if it works. the mint concept is good, as is ginger, because they are proven to be good for aiding an ailing stomach

the vinegar remedy is clearly the most popular (also recommended by doctors)

mustard got a lot of recommendations too

doctors also recommend ginger and eating more citrus

*doctors don't like the milk or mint remedies because they relax the valve that keeps acid in your stomach, say to avoid alcohol (of course) tomatoes, chocolate, caffeine, and not to lie flat after eating

also eat low fat foods, (no cheezburgers) stop smoking, don't drink carbonated beverages and don't eat within 2.5 hours of sleeping

i'm waiting for the Zeiss woman to finish with our microscope so i had some time for this.

http://www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi?topicid=97&page=1

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-heartburn1.htm

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/47/73.cfm

I can understand the do nots of eating. And I can swear by the laying flat after eating since I have the problem of eating late or munching down before bed after drinking. Pizza and beer one night forced me to stack pillows so I wasnt completely horizontal. The eating citrus is funny because you add more acid to your stomach BUT I have heard that heart burn/acid reflux can be from a lack of acid in your diet..so really it goes both ways, although I dont have written evidence of that. It all can stem down to a bad eating schedule, whether you eat and wait two hours before you sleep or not yet youre still having a meal in the late hours of the night.

Suck it up princess
this had me laughing.

i get pretty bad heatburn from really weird things. like i can eat fast food and steak and fuckin chips and salsa and be completely fine. however if i eat a bannana or a butterfinger, or like cookies/cake sweet baked goods etc. i will be fucked.

ive found tums to work for my general purposes, i have to eat like 6 of em at a time tho.

in the event you cant get any store bought remedies ifind those little red and white peppermints that they give you with your bill at resturants work really well for whatever reason.

so i'm out at the bar saturday night. playing pinball and drinking a beer(my 2nd of the night)

when all of a sudden my stomach feels like a some three-eyed creature from the black lagoon

is going to rip through my skin and crawl the fuck out. i ignore it, cause it almost felt like my ulcer actin up. but after a little while, the pain grew and was not in the area i've previously experienced it. it got to the point where i felt really fucking sick and decided to roll out. i puked

all over the ground outside as soon as i left. and continued to do so for the rest of the night. it is now noon on monday, i've called out of work and although i've stopped puking my stomach still feels fucked.

pretty sure i need to see a doctor. but welcome to Massachusetts and they're lack of walk-in clinics on the count of every motherfucker supposed to have health insurance. fuuuuuuuuuuu!:mad: