wikileak

abcs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shaffer - "Let me state again - and be clear here - I do not believe WiliLeaks is a legitimate whistle-blowing organization - they seems more focused on being disruptive, than working to enhance oversight of/or resolution of key military and diplomatic issues, as an objective."

I'd agree with that.

finally caught up with him eh.

StopSnitchin2-11.jpg

dear frankiefiver,

this was meant as a fucking joke.

and you neggaprop me for it?

youre a faggot....get the fuck outta here you dick sucking little bitch.:mad:

<3 CALIgula

p.s. this is why i stay out of crossfire...people on here take shit waaaay too fucking serious.

• Like 2

hmm. The guys is lucky all that happened was arrest. When i heard that

he leaked papers outlining the vulnerabilities in Americas infrastructure

I figured him for a dead man. In fact... i wouldn't count that out just

yet. I was thinking he had hours to live. They are already calling him

a terrorist. Start catching labels like that and you know what

dear frankiefiver,

this was meant as a fucking joke.

and you neggaprop me for it?

youre a faggot....get the fuck outta here you dick sucking little bitch.:mad:

<3 CALIgula

p.s. this is why i stay out of crossfire...people on here take shit waaaay too fucking serious.

"Dick sucking little bitch"? Really?

haha

Yeah see you later champ. Off you go back to channel zero where you can tell everyone how you like fucking fat girls over and over again. I hope that tired punchline is winning all the friends you desire. I really do.

"Dick sucking little bitch"? Really?

haha

Yeah see you later champ. Off you go back to channel zero where you can tell everyone how you like fucking fat girls over and over again. I hope that tired punchline is winning all the friends you desire. I really do.

yes really.

youre a fucking douche....so far the only 3 people i cant stand on 12oz are from australia.

with the exception of a few cool people ive met and talk to on here, the rest of you fucking suck.

your country produces nothing but wack ass faggots such as yourself.

get off my nuts you pussy ass bitch.

best believe if i ever seen you in real life id knock your punk ass out with a quickness you faggot ass bitch.

kick rocks.

*ignore*

:lol::lol::lol:

yes really.

youre a fucking douche....so far the only 3 people i cant stand on 12oz are from australia.

with the exception of a few cool people ive met and talk to on here, the rest of you fucking suck.

your country produces nothing but wack ass faggots such as yourself.

get off my nuts you pussy ass bitch.

best believe if i ever seen you in real life id knock your punk ass out with a quickness you faggot ass bitch.

kick rocks.

*ignore

:lol::lol::lol:

"LOLOLOLOL". Nice gag you one trick pony.

Is there really anything here that wasn't already known?

We know the war is going bad, we know about massive civilian casualties, we know about torture in prisons.

War policy and strategy should constantly be under debate. But does publishing field reports going years back add anything to the conversation?

The time to make a case for or against the war is long gone (FYI I was against it). Pulling out now like *snap* is a feasible or a smart idea.

I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect secrecy and lack of transparency by government during war.

Katie Couric used to look hotter.

are you stupid? did you even download the leaks?

Wow, who can tell me how these most recent leaks have made the world a better place?

A CIA operation? Really?! How the fuck does anything like this benefit the US (waits for the usual "oh man you don't know shit, this is the real world, blablahblah....., without actually explaining anything)?

It's simple, it is a fuck up. A culture of over-classification and too much access to classified material.

SOme of y'all are acting like Assange is the third coming of god (Obama being the second, of course!!). REally, why? The first two leaks regarding war, sure I can understand that people are pissed at the US for invading Iraq, I too think it was a dumbarse move that caused so much harm to everyone other than Iran - the war in Afghanistan was mismanaged and has increased the cost to all involved. However what is the agenda for releasing diplomatic cables? Is it just because there are secrets (newsflash, nations compete, of course they're going to have secrets and if you live in a nation you better hope your nation's secrets stay that way!)? Seriously what good is there in knowing that the Pres. of Turkmenistan likes to holiday in Dubai? Who didn't already know that KSA is shit-scared of Iran? Why do we care if Pres. of country XYZ loves to ride fucking horses?

This is just like reading people magazine of diplomacy. The other stuff..., say that the Australian FM advised the US that a multilateral org for East Asia was a tool to contain China or that The US along with NATO had created a contingency plan in the case of Russia moving on the Baltic States...., that stuff gets a little more serious.

IF you are interested about that kind of kit, either read Foreign Policy magazine or join the fucking business. If you think it's a good idea that this kind of shit is good to be outed to the public, you go ask the Estonians, Latvians and Lithuanians how they like it, why they joined NATO in the first place and whether they would like to go back under the influence of the Russians (If the fact that they joined NATO doesn't answer that question for you, you're an idiot and need to go back to school). You could also ask the Vietnamese how much they liked being a Chinese vassal stateor if they'd rather have US patronage (oh, BTW, Vietnam invited a US aircraft carrier to do exercises with them recently, US medical ships dock there and tend the sick, etc. Yes, even after the Vietnam war the Vietnamese still seem to prefer US patronage than Chinese). Or maybe you could ask the Philippines, the Thais or the Singaporeans as to who they would rather protect the waters around the South China Seas or Malacca Straits....., or you could just answer that yourself by looking at the defense treaties, alliance agreements and money they spend on their ports to ensure that the US spends a lot of time in their neighbourhood.

Now you go ask these people how happy they are that this info got outed and what they think of your dumb arse self sitting there saying that Assange has made great achievements for truth. Seriously, do y'all even have the first fucking schmick of what you're talking about or does it get you off to be able to sit behind a fucking computer acting like you rreeeaaaally know what's going on in the world? You fucking tools don't even know an attention whore when you see one.

That felt good.

All in all I'm sure there are some things in there that are good to have out in the open. But they will be minimal, mixed up with a vast majority of pointless fluff and a few somewhat damaging items. To think that these were released for the better of the world and that Assange is an altruist instead of an opportunist is to totally ignore what is a simple and empirical reality in order to create a myth that makes you feel good.

The biggest thing that disappoints me is that I'm still yet to hear anything about Burlusconi's parties!!!

Oh and CALIgula, you sound ignorant when you speak of whole countries like that, whether it be my country or not. Doesn't suit you.

I kinda hope he releases whatever he has on UFO's. Sounds like it could be about some black ops and the gov was using UFO's as a cover (again).

As for the recent leaks: Holy shit. Cover ups about DynCopr and little boy sex slavery.....again...3rd time? They really need to be shut down.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/12/wikileaks_texas_company_helped.php

Wow, who can tell me how these most recent leaks have made the world a better place?

To think that these were released for the better of the world and that Assange is an altruist instead of an opportunist is to totally ignore what is a simple and empirical reality in order to create a myth that makes you feel good.

I have to disagree my man, the reason being that the supposed source of government legitimacy in a western liberal democracy is meant to come from an informed electorate making rational decisions concerning their well being. Assange is symbolically demonstrating that states act in their own abstracted interest with little regard for this method of legitimacy. The US and Australia's scathing attacks only confirm this point.

Assange's fan-fair is not so much about the content of the leaks, although some of them have been highly entertaining and enlightening for people who do not have a great insight into the world of diplomacy, it's more about highlighting how developed and disconnected secretive state actions have become. If the state uses resources gleaned from the citizenry, then by the rationale of a democratic nation the citizenry should have the right to know what these actions are.

I really do actually think he is a hero and I'm sorry to hear that you don't. Despite knowing how hard the western states would come down on him, he (and his team) went ahead with his actions because he believed in a cause, which I think is quite commendable.

• Like 1

CYBERWAR: Now Hackers Have Taken Down Mastercard.com As Revenge For Julian Assange

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cyber-hackers-that-took-down-swiss-bank-site-have-now-taken-down-mastercardcom-2010-12#ixzz17X1GvqPA

It looks like the group that successfully took down the website of Julian Assange's Swiss Bank have claimed another victim.

Mastercard.com is down, and @Anon_operation just tweeted that it's due to a DDOS attack. Of course, Mastercard is one of the payment services that cut off the ability to donate to Wikileaks. Update: We're not exactly sure what this means, but this is a Reuters flash: Mastercard says working to suspend acceptance of mastercards on WikiLeaks until situation resolved.

Both attacks were part of Operation Payback, a coordinated attack on anti-piracy groups and others that started three months ago.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cyber-hackers-that-took-down-swiss-bank-site-have-now-taken-down-mastercardcom-2010-12#ixzz17X0vSxft

I have to disagree my man, the reason being that the supposed source of government legitimacy in a western liberal democracy is meant to come from an informed electorate making rational decisions concerning their well being. Assange is symbolically demonstrating that states act in their own abstracted interest with little regard for this method of legitimacy. The US and Australia's scathing attacks only confirm this point.

Assange's fan-fair is not so much about the content of the leaks, although some of them have been highly entertaining and enlightening for people who do not have a great insight into the world of diplomacy, it's more about highlighting how developed and disconnected secretive state actions have become. If the state uses resources gleaned from the citizenry, then by the rationale of a democratic nation the citizenry should have the right to know what these actions are.

I really do actually think he is a hero and I'm sorry to hear that you don't. Despite knowing how hard the western states would come down on him, he (and his team) went ahead with his actions because he believed in a cause, which I think is quite commendable.

So each voter in the US needs to know who the station chief in Islamabad is talking to in order to pass on information to the PAk Frontier Corps in order to kill Hakimullah Mehsud so there can be elections held in FATA and Khyber Paktunkwa, so girls schools aren't blown up anymore and so opium is not transported to karachi and shipped off to a junky's arm in Sydney, LA or London?

A voter needs to know what the US State Dept.'s assessment is of the Australian PM in order to elect the right senator for them?

I agree that secretiveness has grown to an unhealthy and dysfunctional level but for states and nations to exist there have to be some secrets, some of them also being dirty secrets.

I can say with pretty sincere confidence that Assange is not doing this because of a belief in a cause. As far as I am aware neither is he a proxy of other interests. As far as I can see he is an egotist and some of the crap that he comes out with is completely self-serving and extremely short sighted.

CYBERWAR: Now Hackers Have Taken Down Mastercard.com As Revenge For Julian Assange

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cyber-hackers-that-took-down-swiss-bank-site-have-now-taken-down-mastercardcom-2010-12#ixzz17X1GvqPA

There is also an operation under way where organisations are attacked from WL's IP address. The attack is quite low scale and amateurish so I would be shocked if it was a state that was responsible. However some one is trying to draw more heat on to the org.

Hearing BofA may be the next cab off the Wiki rank.

I don't know much about US banks but if they are anything like their Australian brethren then I'm all for that kind of leak!!!

I'd also be much more inclined to read about corruption rather than the vast bulk that has been contained in the previous three leaks. Something that is actually actionable rather than symbolic is what I prefer to see.

So each voter in the US needs to know who the station chief in Islamabad is talking to in order to pass on information to the PAk Frontier Corps in order to kill Hakimullah Mehsud so there can be elections held in FATA and Khyber Paktunkwa, so girls schools aren't blown up anymore and so opium is not transported to karachi and shipped off to a junky's arm in Sydney, LA or London?

A voter needs to know what the US State Dept.'s assessment is of the Australian PM in order to elect the right senator for them?

Well I am not sure of the specifics of your example, but over all, yes I do firmly think voters in the US need to know the actions of their state in order to make an informed choice. I personally don't hold a lot of stock in the practice of representative democracy, but if the the rationale I mentioned in the previous post is given as the strongest justification for the existence of state power, then to flaunt this rationale poses serious problems for political legitimacy irrespective of the context or detail.

What has been broadly confirmed through these leaks, even if 'everyone knew it all anyway', is that states play power games with other states motivated by abstracted interests which have little to do with the interests of that states citizenry. While I can understand has occurred through a historical process of incremental pragmatic decisions. I still unapologetically see this as a problem because it is inconsistent with the rationale of democratic political legitimacy.

If you take the existence and current behaviour of states as a natural occurrence, then I can understand you would consider Assange as a popularist agitator but in order to make this argument you must be prepared to stand up for the current paradigm of state actions. Personally I do not see the current situation as natural or am I prepared to stand up for these actions, so I feel that Assange is doing the world a great service for this reason.

Well I am not sure of the specifics of your example,
Nice dodge of the central point.

What has been broadly confirmed through these leaks, even if 'everyone knew it all anyway', is that states play power games with other states motivated by abstracted interests which have little to do with the interests of that states citizenry. .

I'd like you to elaborate on this, please, maybe with some examples.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/dec/08/wikileaks-cables-shell-nigeria-spying

I think the value of the recent leaks being shared has little to do with revealing information.

It has more to do with confirmation of suspected facts and transparency in general.

Not to mention Wikileaks has positioned itself not only ahead of the leak game, but in the spotlight.

This position itself generates more leaks as more potential whistleblowers know there is a route to share this type of information.

The next batch of leaks will reveal corporate misdeeds, many of which are suspected, but now they will be confirmed.

This may create an atmosphere in the public that could result in changes in law/policy.

I think this guy is doing it right, there are other sites with this type of information but none as prominent.

• Like 1