NHL 10-11 SEASON

freighthunter

uh. OILERS VS i forget BRUH. was the first outdoor game in a large number of years.... it got lots of good views....

so they re-vamped after the lock out and waited for a team with a star they could have as a poster boy for it... - sid the kid - thus why you think 2008 was the first year, get your hockey knowledge correct brohamen.

edit... - they waited so many years because.. after 2003 shit with the lock out was starting.... and 2008 was the best year for them to bring it back with the pens having two up and coming stars, and playing as well as they did.... (my opinion.... = ) why do you think sid the kid got the game winning goal in a shoot out, on a really easy stop, when miller had been playing well the whole game......

also... BRUINS WTF COME ON.... LOOSING 7-6 WHEN YOU HAD THAT FUCKING GAME IN THE BAG. COME THE FUCK ON! props to the dude on the sabres... guy was NUTS.... his shoot out goal just was a super face palm for all of bruins fans.... but seguin coming back and scoring like he did was an ego booster... he's gonna be a great player.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sayword- when does edmonton not lose? :lol:

for those who obviously know nothing of hockey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_Winter_Classic

BOO YAKA SHAN. 2003.

i figured you'd get technical and say "WINTER CLASSIC."

WINTER CLASSIC --- ITS THE AMERICAN TERM FOR HERITAGE CLASSIC GENIUS... SEEING AS HOW HOCKEY STARTED OUT IN CANADA... ON FROZEN PONDS.

P.S. 2003.

• Like 1

"The first was January 1, 2008, between the Buffalo Sabres and Pittsburgh Penguins at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, New York."

its okay to be wrong once and while.

is it that hard to use google?

I WAS AT THIS GAME ALONG WITH OVER 50 000 OTHER PEOPLE FREEZING OUR BALLS OFF.

IN 2003.

IN EDMONTON.

ITS OKAY TO BE WRONG ONCE IN A WHILE.

boat: yea its been tough being a fan as of late. we had our cup run to game seven, and then we lost smytty, and souray the chandelier started whining and poisioning the dressing room. we just lost eberle last night too. fuck.

i cant really hate. we hear rumors of vanek possibly coming a few years back. heatley too. but i guess if youre making millions playing hockey, why do it in edmonton of all places if you can possibly help it, when there are alternatives such as new york, florida, california...etc.

its tough to win games when khabbibulin is your best player night in and night out, and as a team you never put up more than 15 shots a game.

fuck.

only 3 years of the winter classic and the pens play it twice. lol nhl is on their balls too hard. thank god they lost.

first post i made there buddy. covering my ass for what? i said winter classic,dont get mad because you are an uptight dickhead. and no ovechkin is a faggot too. a mike richards and grioux fan here.

• Like 1

dude are you serious?

THE NHL ADVERTISED THE HERITAGE CLASSIC IT WAS ON FUCKING T.V. AS THE FIRST OUTDOOR GAME IN A LONG AS TIME.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE... THE NHL LOCK OUT STOPPED THE "WINTER CLASSIC" (AGAIN.. THE AMERICAN VERSION OF THE HERITAGE CLASSIC).... FROM BEING PUT INTO EFFECT.... THE NHL SAW HOW GOOD THEY DID WITH THE 2003 ONE... WAITED AND GOT EVERYTHING SPIFFY AND THOUGHT OUT FOR THEIR 2008 ONE AFTER THE LOCK OUT AND ONCE THEY HAD A TEAM THEY COULD...GET PEOPLE REVVED UP ABOUT....

lets not forget about this LOL

The first outdoor game between two NHL teams was an official pre-season match-up on September 27, 1991. The game took place in the parking lot of Caesars' Palace[1] in Las Vegas, Nevada, and featured the Los Angeles Kings and the New York Rangers.[2] The process of keeping the ice cool in the desert heat required three times as much coolant as a standard NHL rink.[3] There were few problems despite temperatures that reached 95 °F (35 °C) during the day and a game time temperature of 80 °F (27 °C).[3] During the contest grasshoppers began to jump onto the ice, where they would freeze or drown in water used to maintain the ice, by the end of the second period the ice was littered with the bugs.[2] Nearly 14,000 fans watched the Kings defeat the Rangers 5–2.[4] Since 1997, the Los Angeles Kings have returned to Las Vegas, though indoors, to play an annual preseason game in the Frozen Fury series.

nope, and it's because no one but us die hard hockey fans and the parents and family of the kids playing watch the games :lol:

This is the first time I've seen grimaldi get cut from a team.He is a 93, so he would be the youngest player on the team, but still Us has a sick roster. FUCK almost everyone on the US' Roster is related to someone that had an nhl career at one point. Not a big fan of that.

Where was the US all tournament, they barely pulled it off against Finland, scraped one out against the Swiss, this was certainly not last years team. They seemed to me like they were more concerned with showing off to the NHL brass.

blackboat, Fluery had a bad night, so what? That wasn't hockey, it was more like water-polo, the outdoor game should be outlawed below the 42nd latitude, it was just a crappy game all around, the third period was a waste. I didn't watch the rest of the game. Fluery has shone plenty enough elsewhere to be their goto guy. And also, why do you guys put Chara third in the shootout, he's good from the point, and standing in front of the net on the power play, but does he have a good SO percentage or something, I don't see the logic.

• Like 1

fruc. i know he had a bad night, i was just voicing my opinion of him lately.. yeah he's proved himself before, but i'm just sayin... and to be honest i got no fucking clue why they put chara 3rd in the shoot out, makes me angry sometimes he don't got any good moves, all he does is blast pucks..... it's a pretty shitty gamble to take.. in my opinion... i love seguin shooting first, then burgeron shooting 2nd, and in all honesty i think horton or lucic should be shooting third.... but hey, i'm not an NHL coach, so what the fuck do i know?

and yeah, fucking U.S. team just wanted to try to look good for the NHL... fucking TERRIBLE... man.... like you said that wasn't last years team, fucking HORRID.

2008 brah.

I got a plaque hanging in my garage that says different.

SayWord agrees.

And SayWord, you're an Oilers fan? Me too :lol:

True

And where the FUCK is the US tonight????????

This is embarrassing......

They were all looking over their shoulders every time the Canadian forecheck came in.

Your boys got beat up last night, baaaad.

And Ramage should have gotten a suspension for his shoulder to the head of Czikas.

GO CANADA GO!

and to change the subject... since we already had a full page argument about that shit...

anyone in pitt area know if they played any college games on the ice after the W.C???

i know wisconsin did it couple of years back (on their own outdoor game type shit).... and BU vs BC, N.Eastern vs. NH did it last year after the bruins vs. philly one...

:lol:

you guys can have buffalo....

and why should we be embarrassed about the fact you guys had more fans here then us?

like i said earlier, not a lot of americans watch hockey in general, and there is a considerable drop from the number of americans who watch the NHL to the number of americans who watch the NHL, and WJ's... so i'm not embarrassed at all that a country, who has deep deep deep roots in hockey and all their cities are fanatic about their teams, outnumbered us americans on our home turf... Hockey fell off real hard in america during the lock out.. and even before that people just watched NHL, and still now hockey still isn't real popular with most americans... it's starting to regain some popularity... but in my opinion only die hard hockey fans watch NHL, College, and WJs.

c'mon son!

heres a prize for outnumbering us.

boobs-flashing.gif

you try to tell me the oilers suck like im gonna disagree with you, or it will hurt my feelings.

i love my team, but im not blind.

tom gilbert is the fucking softest d-man in the league right now. the oilers brass hoped he'd be a solid puck-moving defenceman. i havent seen it once this season. ive seen peewee players with more heads up awareness about defensive positioning than he shows. time and time again we see gilbert holdin his dick in front of the net while some winger nonchalantly taps in the puck past khabbibulin.

andrew cogliano is another player the oil should just fuckin dump. ive been saying this for years. he played far too similarly to gagner his first season, and where gagner has progressed into at least a heads up hockey player, cogliano has stagnated. he gets shoved off the puck almost immediately after receiving it. sure, he has speed, but he fails to capitalize on 99% of his chances. i swear the oilers are a magnet for undersized forwards.

as much as i like taylor hall, dude has been mad careless as of late. its like hes scared to hold onto the puck for any length of time. eberle seems like twice the player, but i guess its early.

my boy hemsky has still got it. i go drinkin with this nigga on occaision, hes fuckin hilarious. its a bit unfortunate that edmonton places the kind of demand on hemsky that they do. on any other team, dude would be allowed to quietly exist amongst superstars and just playmake, which is what he excels at. but the oilers, unable to hold on to or acquire any superstar talent, expect hemsky to go bang in the corners and be a sniper. when he gets rubbed out in the corners, or hacked in the wrist, they send out huggy bear stortini to hold on for dear life against any other teams enforcer. dont get me fuckin started on stortini.

i was at the game tonight, we came back from 3-1, but as usual the motor city was too strong.

/endoilersrant.