NHL 10-11 SEASON

freighthunter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although, the rule that has stuck with me the most since i quit playing competitvely is "keep your head up".

eric lindros just couldnt figure it out, and it ended his career.

true getting blindsided is a cheap shot no matter what.

but scotty stevens was notorious for catching forwards accepting the suicide pass and making them pay.

if the nhl is gonna ban headshots, theres gotta be some discretion.

thats all im sayin.

cherry is right about cooke though.

dude has a habit of laying devastating hits on players that are less than 200 lbs, and sticking out knees when theres no enforcer around.

get rid of the fuckin instigator rule.

As cherry said, do you think yzerman or Gretzky ever got hit like that when symenko or probert were around? There's nothing wrong with a clean hockey hit, if you cut into the "trolley tracks" with your head down your going to get rocked...scott Stevens never laid a dirty hit on lindros. If you skate with your head down you get hit, if you watch Stevens hits he is always ahead of the player, his defensive partner would then filter the streaking man towards centre where Stevens would line em up.

Cookes hits are completely blind sided, savard comes over the blue line and cooke skates full tilt at a 90 degree angle and takes his head off, even with his head up there is no way for savard to ever see him.

Moral of the story, If the guy has the opportunity to see the hit coming, it is no ones fault but the player with his head down.

i'd prop all you homies, but i'm 24d.

agree with ya'll on everything said.

it's exactly like D.C said, cooke did the leg thing as long as he could.... then he got caught by the NHL, since then he's been doing the dirty, never see it comin head hit till he gets caught.

i really wanna know what D.C. called cooke in the tunnel.... hope he called him a little limp dick cheap shot faggot.

scott stevens, was a fucking wrecking ball against forwards who didn't keep their head up, and even those that did. dude was spot on with his hits, one of the best hitters ever.

co-sign metro on sending the goon out to show faggots like cooke whats up if they wanna keep playing dirty.

Yeah, metronome, you're right about the deadline. It's not nearly as nice as it used to be, but one can hope. Not that the Leafs are doing poorly as of late. In fact, I really like what I'm seeing.

It's just certain things suck like Phaneuf being named our captain, and Kessel not being the dude, for whatever reason.

We have assets. I would love to see Phaneuf and perhaps Giguere go, but, really, who wants them?

As cherry said, do you think yzerman or Gretzky ever got hit like that when symenko or probert were around? There's nothing wrong with a clean hockey hit, if you cut into the "trolley tracks" with your head down your going to get rocked...scott Stevens never laid a dirty hit on lindros. If you skate with your head down you get hit, if you watch Stevens hits he is always ahead of the player, his defensive partner would then filter the streaking man towards centre where Stevens would line em up.

Cookes hits are completely blind sided, savard comes over the blue line and cooke skates full tilt at a 90 degree angle and takes his head off, even with his head up there is no way for savard to ever see him.

Moral of the story, If the guy has the opportunity to see the hit coming, it is no ones fault but the player with his head down.

Agreed,,,,S.Stevens was a beast, and one of the best Dmen ive ever seen play--

Not a lot of people mention Joe Kocur,,,Fucking BRICK HANDS dude was an ANIMAL

how old is phanuef?? 24-25?

wasn't there a ton of hype about how amazing a dman he is, and will be a couple years back when he was in calgary??? or am i thinking about someone else???

what happened to him??

and kessel, boo that man!!!!!

i'm still UMAD about the bruins vs. leaves game... that we shut him down the whole game.. it goes into O.T. and he dinks the game winner on some shit goal.... BOO KESSEL. BOOOOOO.

Shoes, you should be a huge leafs fan because they basically set you guys up to lead your division for the next 5-10 years with the two prospects yous are drafting at their expense!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did anybody see the hit Marc Staal laid on Matt Stajan this year?

Now THAT was a Scott Stevens esque hit if I've ever seen one. SSP I know you saw it.

Also Drew Daughty fucking laid out Taylor Hall the other night in LA, just a really good hockey hit.

Shoes, you should be a huge leafs fan because they basically set you guys up to lead your division for the next 5-10 years with the two prospects yous are drafting at their expense!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did anybody see the hit Marc Staal laid on Matt Stajan this year?

Now THAT was a Scott Stevens esque hit if I've ever seen one. SSP I know you saw it.

Also Drew Daughty fucking laid out Taylor Hall the other night in LA, just a really good hockey hit.

Both GREAT hits but LOOL on Hall keeping his gloves on the whole time. Gotta protect those precious hands! :lol:

The one from the memorial cup was pretty retarded too. KEEP YOU HEAD UP DUDE fuck i learned that after the first 2 or 3 times i got murdered..

MC Hit

Scott Oake talked to Hall inbetween the second and third period and asked him about the hit.

Hall just shrugged and basically said, yeah, I looked up before I received the pass and it didn't look like he was coming at me so I decided to take it across the blue line and Doughty just caught him at the perfect time with some nice east-west skating.

If anything else, that kid is fucking durable! He's like a bull in a china shop when he drives to the net... can't wait until he puts on 15lbs and fills out NO HOMO.

Burke really fucked up with the whole giving Boston these draft picks for the likes of Kessel, who is near useless on our team. I hope and pray that we get some picks or blue chips back.

We do have some good players in the farm, though, so all hope isn't lost.

I just hope sending Kadri down and leaving him there is a good call. I would hate if he came back next year and just wasn't the same offensive wiz.

speaking of hits...

keep ya head up old man!!!

ahahahaha, i love ovechkin.

bbs - will do, will post some pics tonight or tomorrow! thanks dude!

one of the best hits in the olympics...

jagr was straight sleeping and ovie caught him slippin....

blackboat, I have to comment on the "leaves" thing. It's Leafs. Unless you have auto correct on, I don't know.

Conn Smythe's WWI regiment was the Maple Leaf Regiment, hence the Maple Leafs.

:lol: shit.. just noticed that..

posted that from my phone, which auto corrects all the fucking time.

I get to see the B's twice in Feb it looks like.

They're coming to Edmonton to play my Oilers, and my boy is a huge B's fan and lives in Calgary - he wants me to go down the highway to see em play the Lames and then come back up to watch em play the Oil.

Really looking forward to seeing Seguin and hopefully a healthy Savard live.

how old is phanuef?? 24-25?

wasn't there a ton of hype about how amazing a dman he is, and will be a couple years back when he was in calgary??? or am i thinking about someone else???

what happened to him??

boat, i went to highschool with phaneuf.

same grade, even had english together.

dion was one of those faggots who always knew he was gonna make it to the pros.

and never let anyone forget it.

cocky as all fuck.

we had a large lebanese population in the highschool we went to.

i will never forget, he pissed off one of these "so-called gangsters", and it was a huge issue.

dudes were rockin those really clunky dress shoes from aldo, and one kid told him, "kiss my shoe or ill fuck you up, whiteboy."

dion actually bent down to kiss homeboys shoe, and dude cocked back and booted him in the face.

bloody nose and all that.

thus, i will never respect that faggot for getting on his knees to kiss dudes footwear.

mark shit, not to mention he played for calgary.

but his mom stitched my boy up when he got stabbed, so i guess the phaneufs aint all bad.

cool story br0.

**edit.

and yes, hes 25, maybe close to 26 now.

I get to see the B's twice in Feb it looks like.

They're coming to Edmonton to play my Oilers, and my boy is a huge B's fan and lives in Calgary - he wants me to go down the highway to see em play the Lames and then come back up to watch em play the Oil.

Really looking forward to seeing Seguin and hopefully a healthy Savard live.

seguin is gonna make you guys look stupid :)

edit = FUCK STREET, embarrassing.... horton is usually spot on too. fuckin christ.

and LOL @ sayword& metro's stories.

YO CITY, WHATS GOOD?