From paper to bricks???

P3ZS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
if you need to ask this, you're not ready for paint yet

Ouch =[

@P3ZS

Not stupid. I think it's a legitimate question. That's what a 'tips' forum is for right?

I think if you can elaborate someone can help you a bit more. I know when you say transfer from a sketch to a wall, you have your plan on paper and by looking off the paper you know what your going to do. Is there something about it that you're having problems with?

I would just say do a rough simple sketch in pencil, slightly big enough to see if you plan on detail or whatnot. The paper plan for me was always like really simplified from what I was actually going to do, depending on how much time I had to make the delivery.

For outlines, if you do the sketch in pencil, you would just make the heavier lines a bit darker, or thicker depending on what your doing.

I'm sure this is not answering your question, I apologize for that, but I hope it helps a little bit =]

thanks dude. i just kinda have difficulty with transfering things in general.

and n8galicia its unhelpful posts like yours that only discourage strating artists. did you never have trouble when you were starting? and i think id rather have someone ask a question like this before fucking up a wall and wasting paint if theyre not ready.

okay want advice then? Not everyone on the internet will be helpful and a lot of users on here are assholes anyways. Alright then; if its your first time going to a wall, make sure its a chill wall or something or in your backyard, because it will most likely not look so good as you probably won't have much can control. If I were you, I would stay in in the sketchbooks for a while until you develop style and letter strcutre. Remember, if you haven't practiced with paint before, its best to paint in your backyard or somewhere thats not in public

• Like 1

i was gonna try and be nice and answer this. However the question makes no sense. Put a sketch on a wall? what??? Heres what you need to do. Sit down and draw some shit. Then draw it again and make it better. Make it better but KEEP IT SIMPLE. STRAIGHT LETTERS. Then again and again and again and again.Get to the point where you can do it with your eyes closed. Put it up a few times. Draw something new repeat. I wouldnt suggest you bring a sketch. If you do don't look at it too much.

ohkay this might be a stupid question and i do hate stupid questions but does anyone have tips on transfering a sketch to a wall. and how to make good outlines for sketches that i want to put on walls:confused:

USE SPRAYPAINT TO PAINT AN OUTLINE IN THE WALL

COLOUR IT IN, *IMPORTANT* STAY INSIDE THE LINES

OUTLINE IT AND ADD SHADOW IN A DIFFERENT COLOUR

TAKE PICTURE, UPLOAD TO 12OZ/MYSPACE/FACEBOOK/FLICKR/BOMBINGSCIENCE

BE A KING

• 3 weeks later...

oh my jesus

i'm going to help you out here, little guy

the only, i repeat ONLY, way you get better at painting is to fucking practice.

you can't hop on an internet forum and expect strangers to give you the magical can control secret.

learn like the rest of us did.

Use the grid technique. Decide how much of the space you have to paint on. Then divide your space into equal sections with vertical lines....horizontal if you want as well... Eyeball it...don't paint the lines...

Do the same on the sketch. Keep things proportionate to each other.

Use a cheap white paint or some other color to paint your outlines.

It's not about "hand holding" its about giving tips to someone who asks a legitimate question.

tracer-photo-300.jpg

Hahaha.

But to answer your question bro, practice. if you practice enough, you'll eventually know how to transfer whatever you're sketching onto anything(well not anything, but you get what im saying)

for example: Throwies. you already know what it looks like or atleast part of it, so only thing is to put it on the wall. If you're not to that stage yet, stay in the books until you feel you're able.

hope that helps

when painting walls i usually just get a light waste color .. like a color thats not used anywhere else in the peice. i usually start the peice the same way i started the sketch with rough letters and just get the size and shape right then i fill and outline. then finaly cutbacks making your line clean.. depends what you painting i guess ....