Your Art Thread

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Damn

its so finely detailed i like the job

maybe not the subject matter : P

but i can understand the gift thing ive done that before it pushes

you from your comfort zone

well atleast is does that to me

yeh thats exactly what i was doing

i was trying out some new stuff that i hope to apply in a few new pieces in the future

i dont upload my shit or take pictures of it generally .. but since i read this forum and pretty much never contribute i figured why not..

this is something i had to take a picture of and send to my instructor (along with a couple other things) for a game i've been designing.

a2uhvo.jpg

all i really have left is level design for 3 areas. fun fun.

They have more important things to worry about than me.

And just for the record the normal mainstream Chinese prisons are very orderly, non-violent and 'safe' compared to what we are used to. it's the (max) 9 months police custody as they gather evidence for the court case that is the dangerous stage. If you make it through that you're pretty much ok.

Due to the nature of my job they are well aware of everything I do as I don't hide anything. What is interesting though is that there are anti-govt groups that run printing presses and put political slogans on money and circulate them, that's pretty interesting and I'll scan/post one next time I come across one.

YEah, I used to Artline the fuck out of my parents money with my name when I was at school. I don't even know what made me draw on money here, think I was just bored on a slow day and found myself doodling on a RMB20 and now it's become how I spend my slow days. Don't even know why, just do, I guess. I think the day I get one back from a taxi driver or out of an ATM I'll stop, might celebrate and by myself a sheet of fucking paper to draw on instead, lol!

Dont know if anyone remembers my thread from last year but no point in diggn it back up when I can just post here. Did a little test pit fire yesterday. Woke up this morning to check what I had achieved in the rubble. Out of the 8 done only 3 came out without cracks, but that is to be expected since its a rough process on the pots. So anyways this is what happens when you have pots chilln in some saw dust with some salt, copper carbonate, and stuff then have fun lighting a huge fire over top of it.

The bare pots. The long and octagon ones broke during so no pics of them in the end.

barepots.png

paper, leaves, twigs, thin wood, then larger all piled over top.

woodv.png

Let the fire roar for a while then cover slightly for a slower hotter burn.

firet.png

No cracks

potblack.png

potred.png

Another with no cracks but I was hoping more uniqueness of color being that I made it to have some rough textures

dissapointmentg.png

Gorgeous bowl that is still intact but has a couple of fractures

largebowl.png

Two flutes that gained some fractures sadly

flutes.png