Your Art Thread

Hayabusa

Propped.

See how in the face area you can find many different colors and shapes.

that's where observation has been most precise and instinctual. You couldn't memorize or imagine that.

Other areas, Hair and shirt are more monochromatic and allusive. I think it's good to leave other parts less emphasized to give it a contrast of detail, and certain hierarchy.

However when depicting materials such as hair I personally like to concentrate more on the light and "plastic" structure, rather than the actual direction of individual hairs.

That way it stays vague when you look at it, but seems right when you look elsewhere in the canvas.

Anyway, I have a somewhat old-school ways to think. I really wouldn't change anything in that painting. I hope you make new ones and push what you got there.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Holy Shit "Keepitrail"

Im slowly teaching myself how to actually paint and I am so impressed haha. Super tight.

Thanks Cro, umm I just like reading and writing and words make sense to me. I just want the drawings/writing to sort of compliment each other in a funny way but I am not that funny.

and Haybussa, I am epicly jealous of that elusive realism.

Heres a pen and ink sketch doodle i did the other day.

dsc0001cz.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cllleeeannnn. I want to start making prints, it seems hella fun. But I have not the means.

you got some good work but this one is a jpeg from an adobe file. I havent exposed it yet to a screen. CRAP! I just remembered I forgot to pick up light bulbs at walmart! ahha seriously no joke CRAP!!!!!! anyways tomorrow Ill be able to print it. Hopefully it will be as clean if I get the expose time right.

as nice as realisim is as a style it can get boring and has in the last few centruies..add strange things in the pictures more often..trip people out. art works much better when it can be enjoyed and capture peoples imaginations.

but you know i always like your shit haya..

enigmatic your works growing on me haha keep it up

yeah Hayabusa, i understand the sort of obsessive need to control line, and detail, etc. but sometimes the energy of the piece is caught in the accidental elements. there was already an audubon that captured perfect scientific line and accuracy. you tell a different, more post-modern story.