Fighting back against reality TV

Decyferon

I was just reading about this and thought it was quite a cool idea, for the last 3 or 4 years the X Factor (like Americas got Talent) has got the UK number 1 for Christmas, now it appears people have had enough and there are a load of people who are going to be buying Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name of, to try and get that to the christmas number 1.

I'm sick of all these reality shows and stuff, makes lowest common denominator TV and nice to see people fighting against it.

I find it quite amusing that they have decided on RATM as their choice, would be good to hear Fuck you I wont do what you tell me blasting from radios on Christmas morning.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well so far there are about 260,000 people who are part of a facebook group, if they all bought the single they would probably get the number one, the average number of singles sold needs to be about 150000 to get the uk number one, obviously at Christmas the numbres are higher.

most singles nowadays don't really make that big a number of sales so if enough people did it it could happen

Dunno where you heard that but UK single sales are hitting record highs these days what with downloads. There's no way in hell that whatever travesty simon cowell shits out this time will be beaten. I'd love to see it though.

• Like 1

perfect, perfect, perfect. beautiful irony kills me. rage against the machine is a mainstream rebellion. if i had enough mathematical background to count i might be able to tell you how many funny contradictions are in that statement.

the masses have their passions, but it passes.

...but I do know just because something is legitimately out voted does not mean it won't be tampered with.

/notreferencingbushgore

that's the fuckin' truth. take a look at the election spoof.

They might hate reality TV, but if they're watching it they need to shut the fuck up.

And RATM? Really? Come on, you couldn't pick a good English band? I can think of a few heavy songs I'd love to hear on TV that fit the bill-

Skrewdriver- White Power

Amebix - No Gods, No Masters

Flux of Pink Indians- 10 Inches of Fear

I mean, if you're gonna troll, TROLL HARD.

AMIRITE?

I was never a ratm fan but it'd be funny if this happens. 260,000 is a huge amount of sales if all those people actually do go and buy the song.

I remember in the mid/late 90s before endemol and channel 4 realised they could sell formats to american networks reality tv was a lot crueler than it is now. there's something about miriam was a "reality" dating show where a bunch of guys have to do stupid tasks in order to win a cruise with this girl, who's actually a man. the winner sued the show. there was another reality show on channel 4 I forget the name, which was training ordinary members of the public to be astronauts, except it was all bullshit and none of the winners got anything.

also shai gtfo with skrewdriver

Reality TV has gotten completely out of hand in the UK, there are too many shows of this kind, even reality shows featuring celebrities, if they were celebrites they would be on a normal TV programme.

I agree with RATM not being the best choice really, but you need to get all the students to think they are being 'revolutionary' because face it all it is is a bunch of stroppy students organising it, most normal people don't have time to try and side track the christmas number 1

Reality TV has gotten completely out of hand in the UK, there are too many shows of this kind, even reality shows featuring celebrities, if they were celebrites they would be on a normal TV programme.

I agree with RATM not being the best choice really, but you need to get all the students to think they are being 'revolutionary' because face it all it is is a bunch of stroppy students organising it, most normal people don't have time to try and side track the christmas number 1

yea, its pretty much the same deal over here in the u.s... but hey, at least you guys are trying to do something about it. i get the sense that over here everyone just either gave up or just don't give a fuck, then you got the people who love this shit.

those students should of choose this as their hit single instead....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyJfHU4GoOQ&feature=related

VdDfP.jpg

I DESPISE REALITY TV

my baby moms watches like every single one of these motherfuckers, plus that sinister and chichi dudes from daisy of love would always come into my work - they are statrting up a band here... but really, giving attention to the shows like this still works for them - think of all the promotion the show is getting off this - all these people "rebelling" against reality TV are participating just as much. Bitches sit around watching this shit like "I HATE THESE BITCHES ON THIS SHOW, thats why i watch it" but by supporting the shows they also give those bitches they hate a medium to become successfull. Same shit here - by giving this show all this counterculture press it only benefits them through your involvement. They dont care why you are watching or alking about it, as long as you are paying attention...

If you want to rebel against reality TV just dont watch TV

People actually caring enough about reality TV to "rebel" against it is major LULZ to me

I tried to prop you.. I was denied.

Of all the things to fight against.. You're worried about shit that you could just as easily press a button and make it go away.. People make choices and you really can't act like you're going to save them from these choices.

• Like 1

IOU and swamp, not to say i don't generally agree with what you're saying in this instance. but it seems to me that a lot of americans who complain about how sick they are of society/mainstream/media/anything else are the same ones ridiculing people when they attempt to fight against it. Apathy is a really bad thing.

Just ignore this shit.

I'm not bothered by reality TV for the sole reason that I don't watch it.

Also, charts? Music charts matter about as much as music awards.

You can't judge subjective shit by sales and categories.

Now, I am bothered by all the movie remakes of shit I love being turned into garbage.

Make that stop.

• Like 1