NFL 2009 Superthread

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T;7057149']Damn Boat that Game was Close i knew if jets stuck around they would find a way to win, I just knew that they would easily shutdown LT and Sproles and make you one dimensional with pressure and Revis gates was your only wildcard and they just didnt make it happen. that and your Pro Bowl Kicker lost it for you.

Im not a Norv Turner Fan though dont see them getting any father with that coach no Fire in him.

yeah i knew it would be close. i figured they would shut down the run but the chargers were last in the league in rushing all season so i thought they could pull it off. i dont hold it against norv at all. he put his team in positions to score and kaeding fucked up 3 times. there were also a lot of dumb penaties thru the whole game.

the laid back coaching style worked for dungy and norv just got a 3 year deal so hopefully it will work out. im just really glad we gotta young qb with a long term deal...curious who our rb will be next season though. sproles will be gone($) LT should retire. but i would like to see him decide when he is done and not the organization. keep him around for certain situations. somewhat like bettis at the end of his career. he would have a lot to teach a rookie. first time in a while ill be eagerly awaiting the draft.

Let's use this mid-week down time to revisit the pro-bowl debate... last night I said:

yeah, pro-bowl move = BAD IDEA, both rgw bump forwaed and the ;not hawaii' aspects shape up to have even less people watch than before...

translation: yeah, pro-bowl move = BAD IDEA, both the bump forward and the 'not hawaii' aspects shape up to have even less people watch than before...

today's Palm Beach Post had a blog entry that made Fark's sports page:

As everyone predicted by having it (i) before the Super Bowl' date=' and (ii) not in Hawaii, the Pro Bowl losing its starpower by the hour[/quote']

I'm not mad that this hack basically vamped my post, I don't think it's such an original idea that it couldn't be thought up by someone else but still.. whatever, imitation is the highest for of flattery and all that.. now let's talk SOLUTIONS!

My idea, Pro-bowl on St. Patricks day. It's the off season, nobody playing EVER wants or expects to get hurt and the viewers have only ever expected about 70% out of the players. We know it's an all-star exhibition, we know it's glamour and pomp, we know that nobody with a super future is going to be in for more than 25 plays (AT THE UTMOST). Let's have the pro-bowl on a day where people everywhere are already drinking and the Spring football drought can also get a little carry over before spring training becomes the news and everyone starts looking for cuts/trades (I mean after then end of the regular season where cuts/trades are also on the table).

So, yeah, Pro-bowl at 1pm on St. Pat's... THAT'S THE MOVE! New tradition, Turkey day, X-mas and St. Pat's should be all NFL, college can continue to own Thanksgiving weekend and New Years.