NFL 2009 Superthread

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be nice to see the Saints go all the way. Football made me grumpy this year, and now it's winding down. I gotta take up something more rewarding like heroin addiction.

On the plus side, as a favor to a friend, I didn't bet on any of the wild cards games; which was shaping up to be a swift kick in her ass until Green Bay lost and now it's all hugs and kisses.

favre wont be able to get off the ground sunday

I've been saying that for over a decade now (As a Bears fan and a Packer hater.)

One thing I have learned is that he is truly the "Iron Hilbilly" - he is like a zombie superhero, he won't get hurt, he does not go down, that mother fucker just keeps coming at you like T2.

So I find it amusing that you think he'll finally go down this weekend, but don't hold your breath. You're better off just hoping for interceptions.

Respect (regrettably)

Ravens son'd the brady bunch in their own stadium.

The Cheating ass patriot empire has now ended.

Welker was out, and Brady has cracked ribs and and a fractured finger on his throwing hand.

Good game by the Ravens nonetheless, and no excuses in sports, but hardly like they beat them at their best

On a side note, a friend of mine who's from Baltimore went to the game in his Ravens jersey, and was chanting for them on his way into the stadium. Security grabbed him, gave him a breathalizer, said he was too intoxicated to enter, and locked him up for the game, banning him from Foxboro for life in the process :lol: :lol: :lol:

And going for the triple post, it makes me sick to watch the game and see the "fans" booing the Patriots. Same shit with the Lakers when they played the Cavs on Christmas.

You're "fans" of some of the best franchises in sports, and because they're having an off season (or even an off game) you're gunna start booing them off the field/court? Fuck that

Were the Patriots at their best? No.

But regardless NE lost at home to a team who theyd never lost to before, they hadnt lost at home in like 32 years and to be honest the Ravens should of won the regular season game anyway.

Welker was a factor of course, but Eldmen or whatever the fuck his name is still held it down, and you cant tell me that if he had been in the game would of been any diffrent. if anything Brady being roughed up is true, but QB's play banged up all the time /nh its just part of playing ball.

The dynasty is over, thank you Patriots for takeing part in possibly my favorite game ive ever watched

Welker was out, and Brady has cracked ribs and and a fractured finger on his throwing hand.

Good game by the Ravens nonetheless, and no excuses in sports, but hardly like they beat them at their best

one thing about the nfl is no one feels sorry for you when you have injuries....

if you wanna put it like that then im sure the patriots have beaten teams that had alot of injuries in there super bowl runs

but bump my boy kurt fucking warner....he had more TDs(5) than he did incomplete passes(4)

ray rice was gettin busy yesterday too

That woule be why I said Ravens played good regardless, and that it's not an excuse anyways. No need to repeat me br0

And yeah, Old Man Warner played unfuckingbelievable. Gotta give it up to Aaron Rodgers too, I used to think dude was a bum but he's been really good lately, can't wait to see what he does next year

Speakin of QB's and next year, where does everyone think Vick is gunna end up?

OK. So its looking MAYBE like Hollywood Jack Del Rio may be the front runner for the USC job...to the satisfaction of ALOT of people here in Duval...

Question(s) to you REAL football heads...

1.What do you think about the job Del Rio has done here? Some info in case you dont know...

Hes 57-55 as a coach here.

this will be his 8th season next year.

We've finished last in our division 2 consecutive years now.

Hes been through more asstnt. coaches than ANY other head coach EVER.

BUT...

He did lead the Jags to a 11-5 record in 07...beating the Steelers 2 times IN pittsburgh..(one playoff game)

the Jags had 30 new faces this year! 16 rookies...6 of them STARTED for us all year!

We had statisticlly(sp) one of the top drafts in 2008...based on the way our rookies played...

sooooo..what do you guys think??

2.IF Del Rio goes....who do the Jags look at?? i dont see ANY decent coaches out there right now??

I dunno....its lookin grimm br0s

sp0109_delrio2_01-09-08_SD8HQVD.jpg

i think hes done pretty good but i dont see many jags games

the last in the division thing sucks but look whose in yer division, colts, texans, aaand i cant remember the other one but damn thats a tough division

if he leaves he will get swooped up real damn quick by some team somewhere

Yeah...the only reason i really even made a reply about it is because he is one of the front runners for the USC job...where he went to school.But the Jags JUST gave him a new contract for that 2007 season run...so hes got alot of time left on his deal..UNLESS he goes to USC....

I dunno though man...theres just not alot of GOOD coaches out there right now that id like to see come to Jville.I hope he stays honestly...give him more time to build THIS time around...

FUCK this weed has me internet rambling....i fail.

Yeah...the only reason i really even made a reply about it is because he is one of the front runners for the USC job...where he went to school.But the Jags JUST gave him a new contract for that 2007 season run...so hes got alot of time left on his deal..UNLESS he goes to USC....

I dunno though man...theres just not alot of GOOD coaches out there right now that id like to see come to Jville.I hope he stays honestly...give him more time to build THIS time around...

FUCK this weed has me internet rambling....i fail.

i dont think it will be an NFL coach that has a job coaching an NFL team that will end up in USC

maybe a jim zorn, or NFL coordinator or someone who is gonna get fired soon

the NFL is where a coach wants to be. going to college ball if youve been successful would be a step backwards in my opinion

yeah there are some good coaches out there but a complete coaching change usually sets a team back a few seasons

i say give him more time to develop jones-drew and sims-walker. the D was pretty solid right?

i dont think garrard is gonna be the guy who takes the team over the top tho

1.What do you think about the job Del Rio has done here?

I think he's done a pretty solid job considering what he's had to work with. As far as up and down fan support and half empty stadiums even in the good years. Jax'ville is SO wrapped up in the Navy that, while things lke wars may pump money into the big city infrastructure, deployments kick the amount of locals with money to burn right in the ass. Mediochre performance doesn't get the average TV viewer into the stands either.

2.IF Del Rio goes....who do the Jags look at?? i dont see ANY decent coaches out there right now??

There are some folks looking for jobs but I don't know anything about the salary cap status, commitments and willingness of the team owners to spend so I couldn't even guess. Even teams I pay attention to make confusing decisions on the coaching side.

I dunno....its lookin grimm br0s

Yeah, because the real question seems like how commited the franchise is to Jax'ville. Are they really going to invest heavily on the player/coach level or are they looking forward to the costs of moving the Jags somewhere else?

• Like 1

if DALLAS beats the vikings, i think they'll take the saints again to see the Chargers in the bowl' ..manning's hot streak is gone and i'll bet he chokes this weekend.. fuck i hate SanDiego tho' ..anyone else feel the Boy's might have a chance to end Farve's career one more time?

• Like 1