Fans FTW

Hayabusa

it's so fucking humid in NYC lately, luckily I work across the street from my place and they got AC. I go in there and sit at the bar on my day off just to get out of the sauna that is my apartment.

I'm sitting in front of a fan right now feelin like spike lee in Do The Right Thing

*cues up "can't stand it" by steel pulse*

NYC in summer is one of the worst things ever

no breeze, just heat radiating ooff glass and concrete

queens isn't as bad, but manhatten is godawful

every summer I was there growing up was burned into my mind as horrible

But compared to the brutality here it's nothing

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its been sunny, just really windy and cold at night the last couple of nights.

*edit, HOWEVER, it beats the hell out of the 95degrees and 90% humidity everyday from may-october summer that is atlanta's.

my power bills were almost $200/month paying for ac in a 2 bedroom apt.

Where in the bay is he? It's been a really cool summer here overall. If he's inland then he might be getting some heat but I'm not going to try to compare the weather here with where you're at...we get it easy, that's why I bitch when it hits the 90s here.

No

living near the ocean is different than living near water

rivers and lakes aren't big enough to offer any real cooling value

there's a river that runs right through downtown that keeps us around 35-75% humidity for about 8 months out of the year

but the ocean is a lot bigger, it's not a fluke, you can't compare a lake/ river to the ocean

Tell that to the entire east coast.

its been sunny, just really windy and cold at night the last couple of nights.

I was in the city most of last week and I only saw the sun for about three hours in four days, That's not normal for SF in July. The evening fog and breeze...that's normal.

at least I finally found a way on to my rooftop, it's a lot nicer up there. I would rather sleep there and not in this oven. The landlord claims that it's unsafe because it was improperly tarred and resulted in a "soft roof" that someone could fall through!

Probably bullshit, but how cool would it be if I fell through the ceiling, landed on someone's couch, grabbed the remote to change the channel and ate a slice of their pizza off the coffee table

It's not a fluke.... the Atlantic has warm ocean currents and the Pacific has cool currents... warmer waters means more water evaporation in to the air. Which is why the East Coast tends to be humid and the West tends to be dry, and why the southeast gets hit with hurricanes and the southwest doesn't.

I was just talking to someone about this very thing.

DAO you has be owned.

Nights on the east coast are far cooler than down south

NYC typically gets in cooling mists at night

I saw you guys get some 65 degree nights in July

same goes for most of the east coast including Florida

compare inland Florida to east coast Florida

inland Florida is a humid hot hellhole in the summer, both nights and days are horrible, but at night the coast cools. Same goes for costal south Carolina compared to the inland, same goes for Virginia beach compared to inland virginiA

In a real country, 30-35 degrees is pretty cold.

by that logic; mexico > usa > canada > santa clause

i guess you're right though, aint nothing more real than mexico. bring a gun.

hey i see a trend here, the colder it is, the lower the crime rate. go fucking figure.