any vancouver oontzers, eh?

Guest 50million

Guest 50million

I'll be there Oct. 6-9th. Never been to Canada. Anything I should check out?

We've decided we are definitely going to the Aquarium and some fancy restaurants. any places you'd recommend?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancy Restaurants - Bishop's in Kits, Le Crocodile Classic Alsatian French), Fuel, Lumiere. You'll want to hit up The Eatery for the best sushi you've ever had. Its a really funky joint as well.

Stanley Park is really nice, rent a bike and go around the sea wall. might be a little rainy at the time you're here, so I won't recommend the beach. You could head up to Whistler if you have the time/funds. There's a lot of little restaurants/bars that are cool to check out as well.

Definitely check out the Hastings/Main area as well, haha.

Fancy Restaurants - Bishop's in Kits, Le Crocodile Classic Alsatian French), Fuel, Lumiere. You'll want to hit up The Eatery for the best sushi you've ever had. Its a really funky joint as well.

Stanley Park is really nice, rent a bike and go around the sea wall. might be a little rainy at the time you're here, so I won't recommend the beach. You could head up to Whistler if you have the time/funds. There's a lot of little restaurants/bars that are cool to check out as well.

Definitely check out the Hastings/Main area as well, haha.

def listen to this man right here. he knows about good foodz and took me to a few delish places. late night pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

up on Grouse Mountain there's some pretty good food and during and after the sunset the city looks pretty dope. My girlfriend definitely enjoys it when I take her up there, but it'll cost you to take the tram ride up. plus if you go there's a grizzly bear habitat that I get to construct and deconstruct every fucking spring/fall, and some crazy ass birds that almost smack you in the face at the bird show. kind of touristy, and you'll be a tourist. cool to see once. the Aquarium was the first place we went when I first got there.

that aquarium is kind of a waste of money but its still fun.

now that i figured out who hydrogenp is, go with hisfoodie knowledge. if youre a veggie, hit up budgies burritos. the girls probably have pit hair and are too busy discussing some scene shit to serve you but its so good.

the skytrain can actually give you a pretty decent view of this city plus its funt o pretend youre driving it. south main area is really cool with nice shops and pubs etc.

maybe head to spanish banks, or wreck beach if the weather is nice. whistler is def. a super nice place to visit. the drive up is so nice.

if you like music and stuff pick up a georgia straight and see whos playing theres usually someone playing in that city. smoke some weed and chill like every other vancouverite.

late nite pizza on grandville and davie is the jumpoff.

bring your umbrella and gumboots!

i really think the eatery is kinda played out expensive outlandish sushi. but it wasn't bad.

pender st for good chinese foods.

the cambie for like... good daily specials and what not.

hastings for good crack and heroin... seriously... when the alleys look like this you're there.

IMG_0523.jpg

Take a trip through the downtown eastside and pretend you're in a zombie movie. Stop by Funky Winkerbeans for a pint of Lucky Lager to enjoy the real experience. The Cambie is right around the corner and is open late and decently priced beer, though expect to wait in line for an hour with a bunch of scene kids.

As for other places to drink, the rugby club on Broadway sells $2 pints, and it's actually a really classy place. The Calling on Davie and Denman is open until 3ish. The Two Parrots on Granville is always fun, plus afterwards you can stroll down the chachiest street in the city and watch bar star douchebags fight each other while eating Numero Uno pizza.

HP is our resident food connoisseur so go with him. Although definitely go to Kintaro on Denman for the best miso ramen you will ever have in your life. It's right on the edge of Stanley Park and would be perfect after the inevitable rain soaked walk you'll be doing. Oh and TT Boy's right about Budgies, I pretty much eat one every week at work.

October is kind of a weird time to come. I'd have a lot more suggestions if it were summer...