VANS WARPED TOUR

phillybios

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This explains a lot, your emo TPW ass lives with your mom in the SW Valley in Glendale/Tolleson.

WTF are you even doing on this site? So your skinny white ass can call people faggots and niggas?! You are everything that is wrong with music and graffiti now-a-days.

Kill yourself, but don't fail at it this time.

I got a better idea, since I am in the Valley too, why dont we meet up so you can call me names to my face?

I'm sure you have nothing better to do today with your pointless life.

YOU ARE VISIBLY UPSET

calm down, girl, it's just the oontz

HAHAHA, The Exploited.

More like THE SHITTY, yeah lets sing songs about anarchy and rebellion but yet lets sell tickets to our show through a cooperation and overcharge kids with their commercialization.

that is what its all about

Haha one of the best purveyors of mall-punk hypocracy

I'm going to the "seattle" aka eastern washington stop. Seeing Bad Religion, NOFX, Streetlight Manifesto because I missed their last stops in Seattle. Seeing LTJ and Big D and Westbound Train because I love ska. I'm camping because I want to party. Gonna fight some emo kids, drink warm cheap beer and smoke too many cigarettes.

Is that really a huge crime?

Yeah, fck the corporate sponsorship and the fact that it detracts from the local scene, but it's coming, and I'm going.

oh like any of the other bands there are any less gay?

Wait, what are you talking about?

Fishbone

Flipper

The Dickies

The Exploited

TSOL

UK Subs

These bands are far from gay, but it's strange seeing them play the Warped Tour (especially Flipper). The rest of them I'll pass on. Two caveats- Flogging Molly is a great live band but they aren't punk. NOFX are cool guys but I've never really been into their music.

I went to the 1997 Warped Tour in SF. I got free tickets through Deluxe and got to skate the course, which was poorly set up and built on a pier. It was about 85 degrees out and I wasn't wearing sunblock. I saw a whole bunch of fights, and got to see the Murder City Devils and the Descendents play on a decent sound system. Overall I'd give the whole experience about a 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I could knock the Warped Tour based on the bands and the commercial aspect but a lot of kids in the middle of nowhere find out about punk rock when they go to festivals like this so it's not entirely a bad thing. Also, I don't have any illusions as to why bands like Flipper, TSOL and The DIckies are on board...they can make way more on one this tour than they would if they put together their own deal, and after a couple decades of doing it for the fans I don't think they're too concerned about scene credentials.

just got back from the most ridiculous job day ever at warped tour.

I will regale you with tales of whiny neon colored people tomorrow as I have an overwhelming urge to get drunk right now.

more than usual if that means anything to you.