Baby Mama Drama

crimetime

In my opinion the information above is incorrect.

What is factored in is a matter of law and while insurance is factored in many other legit child rearing expenses are not considered.

It is not standard to have both parents pay insurance and if it were what would be the point of providing a credit for it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This shit sucks, landlord won't let me off the lease because my ex has shitty credit, anyone know if i make up a document stating that I'm no longer liable on the lease and we both sign it and get it notarized and everything if that will hold up in a courtroom over the original lease, which trumps which? The plot is thicker than a lost episode right now.

this could have been said before but when you get a good idea suddenly the need to search through all 37 comments becomes rather insignificant

just leave the fucking country for a few years and take your daughter

when you return shes gonna have to fork out a shit load of child surport which then gives you negotiation power

Re-read your lease.

If I ever move out on Phil Collins before the lease breaks he takes over the lease but collects the full deposit in his name.

I would think that if she has shitty credit and you no longer live there, she would need another co-signer?

But that would only be if your lease was up. You are probably still binded to it live there or not.

The lease is the lease, either you fulfill the terms or you do not. The only thing that can trump a lease is if there are terms of the lease that are not in line with state law in which case of course the law trumps.

You can move out anytime you want. You can not however break the lease and not be liable.

There may be a provision in state law regarding victims of domestic violence being able to move out and not be liable to the lease if it puts them in danger by proximity.

Read the lease and read the laws that govern renting, it will be good practice.

If you want to the strongest thing for a custody case you could do is get her to move out and leave the kids with you or you move out with the kids.

Taking your children abroad as Swine Flu suggested would be pretty dicey.

I do not get the vibe that this is a particularly high conflict case or that you have concerns about the well being of your children when they are with the mother, which is the situation that I am dealing with and where my advice is coming from.

If you two are fundamentally cool with one another perhaps mediation is the best road to working out your issues in a manner consistent with the best interest of your children.

Oh, once you start dealing with lawyers notice that they say "good luck" a lot. Mother fucker I pay you 300 dollars per hour and you want me to rely on luck.

Speaking of luck I go to full trial in the next couple of weeks so wish me some.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Any money given in excess of the support order does not count. You can owe back support but you can never be credited for over payment. Get a order as soon as possible. Paying court ordered child support is often less per month than what a dude will pay via verbal arrangement.

Any checks you give her prior to the order being written write "for child support month of xxxx" in the for box so she can not say the money was for some other reason.

Good job having your kids insured on your account, you will receive a credit for that.

Contact your local bar association and find out about free clinics if you can not afford a lawyer.

Do not fall into the mental trap of thinking that the more money you give her the more you are helping your kids. Save that money and do good for your kids with it.

Do you have a parenting plan/ custody schedule? I can not stress how important it is to protect your rights to have time with your kids. Even if you do not want to now that may change.

Do not think that if things are going on okay now that they will stay that way. Situations change and you need to anticipate that.

It is hard being a dad in the court system and you will need to fight to have the most basic rights.

Angeldust is wrong payment outside of court ordered don't mean shit legally just a nice thing for you to do.

Stay Strong and keep your head up.

This.

Oh and most baby mommas are spiteful cunts.Hence, why she is doing what she is doing.