OFFICIAL NBA 2009-2010 THREAD....................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLWUT?

I mean last year he only started 53 so I guess you could call that "on the bench battling injuries", but he started 75 games the year before.

He also put up 18 and 8 two years ago, with 12 and 7 last year (in limited minutes).

He's clearly nowhere near the force he used to be, but he's still more dominant than anyone else in the league if you get him the ball within a few feet of the basket.

Not bad for the oldest player in the league, let's put it that way

Word to all of this. Obviously he isn't the Shaq that played for the Magic or the Lakers, or even the Heat for that matter.

However, he can still contribute off the bench, and shouldn't cause any trouble considering the players that surround him.

Again, if he had signed with the Hawks, I would be saying the complete opposite.

I like the Magic, but honestly they shoot themselves in the foot, every time.

Vinsanity is also done. Amazing player in his prime, but it's probably over. Should have kept Turk.

Come on now - even if you hate Lebron and are on the I hate the heat bandwagon you gotta admit they are gunna be rediculous

They'll win 60 games I'm sure, but I don't think they're any better than any of the other elite East teams.

And yeah, I read that article. I want some of whatever drug Van Gundy is on

They'll win 60 games I'm sure, but I don't think they're any better than any of the other elite East teams.

And yeah, I read that article. I want some of whatever drug Van Gundy is on

LOL... yeah i dunno about all that but im pretty sure they are going to square off with the Celtics and then the lakers. Celtics got some good pick ups, not refering to Shaq.

Come on now - even if you hate Lebron and are on the I hate the heat bandwagon you gotta admit they are gunna be rediculous

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – As if the hype surrounding the Miami Heat’s super trio wasn’t already crazy enough, ESPN/ABC analyst Jeff Van Gundy has kicked it up a few more notches.

Great expectations doesn’t do Van Gundy’s prediction for the Heat proper justice.

He’s calling for an epic, historical, record-setting season for the Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh-led Heat this year, including challenging two of the league’s most hallowed markers, per Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald:

“They will break the single-season win record [of 72],” Jeff Van Gundy said. “And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers’ 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year.

“They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,” Van Gundy added. “There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will.

“And with Erik Spoelstra coaching, they will be in the top three defensive teams in the league, as well. The other 29 teams better hope the lockout gets moved up a year.”

lebron dwade and chris bosh all score the most of their points in the paint and on the free throw line. the fuck is this nigga talkin about. kobe is a lights out shooter and do everything else.(just thought i'd mention that) thats why he's #1 and wade and lebron are 2 and 3

and if either one of them gets injured they wont win shit because EVERY other player on the team is just a fuckin role player. dont get me wrong theyre good players, but the NBA just has too many superstars in the mix. 82 games..dwade definately wont stay healthy..lebron is gonna go thru a slump like he did in the playoffs

not to mention all that pressure. these niggas(at least lebron) get distracted so easily sometimes i pity them.

lebron dwade and chris bosh all score the most of their points in the paint and on the free throw line. the fuck is this nigga talkin about. kobe is a lights out shooter and do everything else.(just thought i'd mention that) thats why he's #1 and wade and lebron are 2 and 3

and if either one of them gets injured they wont win shit because EVERY other player on the team is just a fuckin role player. dont get me wrong theyre good players, but the NBA just has too many superstars in the mix. 82 games..dwade definately wont stay healthy..lebron is gonna go thru a slump like he did in the playoffs

not to mention all that pressure. these niggas(at least lebron) get distracted so easily sometimes i pity them.

I mean, honestly until we see all of them on the floor together, it's up in the air.

They have role players that fill out their short comings, like outside shooting.

Lebron or DWade could easily play point, providing a nice miss match somewhere else on the floor.

The fact is they have to stay healthy, will it happen? Not sure, but to discredit the team before the season starts because they have the potential to get injured and that would change the entire dynamic really isn't fair.

I see everything Van Gundy saying being possible, except for maybe them not losing twice in a row, that's crazy. I'm sure it'll happen two or three times, at least.

I was so upset after Posey left the Celtics after winning the title in 08. He was the fucking man. He made the biggest fucking plays all throughout the playoffs with The Heat and The Celtics in their title years. I don't know how well anyone else has watched his career but i can recall a play in game six of the 2008 finals where Posey defended Kobe so cold it made me shiver. That guy is one Hell of an underrated player. Has the outside shooting ability, can guard the pick and roll, can drive to the hole, and is an outstanding defender. He reads plays like a point guard, can play the 2 and 3 and 4 spot. Danny Ainge is a fool for not trying everything he can to get that guy back.

Copy pasted out of a bball forum.....The reason Houston is doing this deal is because of some behind-the-scenes- "issues" with Ariza. There was a MAJOR incident recently between Ariza and another key player that really turned ugly. The coaching staff was very concerned about chemistry issues between the two players and so they began shopping Ariza for the last month and a half or so. Apparently, Ariza has a reputation for being a "loose cannon" to put it mildly (one of the reasons LAL didn't do more to retain him)

That might be my favorite one of the nicknames I've heard so far. That, and Red Auershaq, although I know that one won't ever catch on.

And Shaq isn't AS BIG of an off court circus as he used to be, but he's still hilarious. Dude is gonna have a hell of a broadcast career one day

He'll be more shameless than Charles Barkley. And he'll be like 400LBS

^^^^Definitely, i am so god damned fucking mad about james Posey floating around with the god damned fucking Celtics trying to get him back!!!! Someone fucking post a god damned fucking "You Mad Cam'ron" picture about the way i feel about this.