OFFICIAL NBA 2009-2010 THREAD....................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^Yeah yeah, We all love Shaq Daddy. Jermaine O'neil, Superman, Kendrick Perkins when he recovers a third of the way through the season. Thats a tough ass center roster. All of us traditionalists that want there to be a Celtics Lakers match up every year for the rest of our lives would love to see Shaq Diesel tie rings with Kobe against his biggest rival. Oh my god this would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!

heard that too.

be kool to see, but funny for him considering the heat have become the Nba's assembled for success boy band of the future and hes nowhere to be found.

shaq's koo tho, i like his sense of humour.

Is he koo tho, bro?

I think the Celtics are perfect fit for Shaq, he's surrounded by accomplished vet's who have the same goal he has, winning a ring. Not only the want, but the actual capability.

Up until this happened, he was going to go to the Hawks...really?

Once Perkins comes back, if he get's back to the way he was before the injury, they're going to have a deep front court that can dish out almost 20 fouls for the playoff's.

Assuming everyone stays healthy, see how that goes.

All great points about him being a good fit. Definitely beefs up the front court, and someone mentioned his ability to block the lane alone, no doubt. My romanticised idea of team loyalty is where the Shaq deal gets me. If it works I'll be all smiles though!

Is he still a bit of a circus off the court? Or has that all cooled off a bit?

Shaq isn't as anything as he used to be. Where was he the last two years? On the bench battling injuries. Dude's career is done and now he wants to sit for a championship

LOLWUT?

I mean last year he only started 53 so I guess you could call that "on the bench battling injuries", but he started 75 games the year before.

He also put up 18 and 8 two years ago, with 12 and 7 last year (in limited minutes).

He's clearly nowhere near the force he used to be, but he's still more dominant than anyone else in the league if you get him the ball within a few feet of the basket.

Not bad for the oldest player in the league, let's put it that way

I think the Celtics and Bulls are looking the best in the East this year, followed by Orlando. I'm not buying all the Miami hype yet

Come on now - even if you hate Lebron and are on the I hate the heat bandwagon you gotta admit they are gunna be rediculous

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – As if the hype surrounding the Miami Heat’s super trio wasn’t already crazy enough, ESPN/ABC analyst Jeff Van Gundy has kicked it up a few more notches.

Great expectations doesn’t do Van Gundy’s prediction for the Heat proper justice.

He’s calling for an epic, historical, record-setting season for the Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh-led Heat this year, including challenging two of the league’s most hallowed markers, per Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald:

“They will break the single-season win record [of 72],” Jeff Van Gundy said. “And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers’ 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year.

“They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,” Van Gundy added. “There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will.

“And with Erik Spoelstra coaching, they will be in the top three defensive teams in the league, as well. The other 29 teams better hope the lockout gets moved up a year.”