OFFICIAL NBA 2009-2010 THREAD....................

Poesia [ ] T

UIGHHHHH!!! See this is exactly what i can't stand about Lakers fans! A lot of you guys don't even hate The Celtics! You give them respect. The guy i watched game 7 with last season actually hugged me and gave me props after the game was over while i cried and broke down like a fucking beat up 84 Toyota Corolla. As i have said numerous times, if Kobe Bryants daughters and wife got raped and murdered i would LAUGH and throw a hate party in honor of their deaths. If i ever saw him i would yell "Fuck your dead daughters and wife, you fucking faggot." I hate the Lakers and i respect nothing about them.

An yeah what i said about next years Eastern Conference winner makes perfect sense. Miami, Boston, Chicago, New York(If they get Melo), Orlando, Atlanta, will all be competing for the title almost equally. The east will be scratching, bleeding, and clawing their way to the finals next year. All the Lakers need to do next season is take a handful of sleeping pills, fall asleep for the whole season and wake up in the finals with a huge yaaaaaaaaaaawwwnnnn. The west is dead and nobody gives a shit what happens there any more. I see the Lakers finishing the the West with a 15 game lead on the next team. Mark my words. The 5 top teams in the East will be within 1 or 2 games of each other. And yes, the Eastern Conference Finals next year will be way more exciting than The actual Finals if Boston and Gay show don't meet again.

I don't hate the Celtics at all. I actually root for the Celtics against every team other than the lakers. You gotta remember, even though I'm a Lakers fan, I live in RI, so I grew up watching the Celtics, since they're the local games and always on. Also, I don't have the UMAD factor you do, because the Celtics were always losers my entire basketball watching life until the last few years, so why would I hate them?

And yeah, the Eastern Conference championship will probably be really exciting, maybe even more exciting than the Finals, but that's not what you said. You said it would mean more, which doesn't make sense, because if the Eastern conference champ has to be so great, but can't beat the Western conference champ, what does that say?

Anyways, just finished watching the US and Lithuania game, and at first I was really worried we were gonna lose, but the US got their shit together. Real excited to watch the game against Spain tomorrow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate the Celtics at all. I actually root for the Celtics against every team other than the lakers. You gotta remember, even though I'm a Lakers fan, I live in RI, so I grew up watching the Celtics, since they're the local games and always on. Also, I don't have the UMAD factor you do, because the Celtics were always losers my entire basketball watching life until the last few years, so why would I hate them?

And yeah, the Eastern Conference championship will probably be really exciting, maybe even more exciting than the Finals, but that's not what you said. You said it would mean more, which doesn't make sense, because if the Eastern conference champ has to be so great, but can't beat the Western conference champ, what does that say?

Anyways, just finished watching the US and Lithuania game, and at first I was really worried we were gonna lose, but the US got their shit together. Real excited to watch the game against Spain tomorrow

I recall during the playoff this past season in the Eastern Conference finals you said "I go to The Garden and tell drunken old pissed off Celtics fans that Larry Bird sucks dick." How can you route for the Celtics against any other team but say that about Larry Bird? Are you just trying to get a rise out of old drunks, or do you really mean that? Doeesn't seem to me that you are very much of a Celtics supporter. Also, be honest, if the Fakers would have lost to the Celtics in the Finals you would hate the Celtics right now. Wouldn't you?

It wasn't during the Eastern Conference Finals, it was the NBA Finals. I don't hate Larry Bird, I just hate him and all other Celtics when they're playing the Lakers. I don't have to worry about being much of a Celtic supporter, since I'm a Lakers fan who just happens to also like the Celtics. I might still be upset, but I'd get over it, like I did in 2008.

Also, it's funny you just posted that, cause I'm actually watching game 7 of the Finals as we speak on NBATV and it feels amazing all over again, no homo

^I voted for the years best games on NBA.com about a while back and i was hoping to see the game when Sundiata Gaines hit the buzzer beater 3 to beat Cleveland. I also voted to see the game Where Chauncey Billups hit 7 3's against the Lakers. Somehow i got lucky and recorded the Sundiata game when it happened during the season on a hunch that it would be good. I planned to keep it forever. Remember how Cleveland was up by 8 with 30 seconds left and Utah pulled a successful "foul, miss, foul miss, foul, miss" to cut it to 2. Then lil man hits the shot, stands on the podium and throws his hands in the air! Some dumb ass bitch that was staying with me deleted it to make room for The Office!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that god damned show!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone help me find that game somewhere? I would give my left nut to watch it again!!!!!

USA lookin good so far, but yo, Ricky Rubio is the TROOF! This is the first look I'm really getting at him and he definitely is living up to the hype, this kid can ball.

Also, these refs fuckin hate the US

I still don't know why he passed up going to the NBA.

I noticed him during the 2008 Olympics, and he was probably the main one on Span giving the US problems. Dude's a beast.

How can you hate The Office?

This doesn't answer my question. It just makes me want to slap that bitch when i see her again.

By the way guys, i am dead sober right now and re-read my post earlier. I promise i am not dumb. When i get kushed out of my mind i tend to misspell shit and use poor sentence structure. My bad, my bad.

Sooooooo, anyone have any tips on where to find your favorite regular season games that didn't make the cut this year?

The Wolves can buy his contract out after the next season, so hopefully he'll be coming over then.

Kid's only 20 still, he could be the best point guard in the league in the near future

As lame as it sounds. I really only get hyped about American players that went to college here. I doubt that kid could become the best point guard in the NBA. Highly highly highly doubt it. That kids game is mediocre.

I just read an article about how Ricky Rubio has been holding out on the NBA to prepare for the league. His family seems to be protecting him as well. We'll see what happens when he enters the league a year or two from now. I bet top dollar that kid ain't going to be no top 5 material, EVER!!!! By the way, he is only 19.

^We'll see. I am an all American kid and my stubborn attitude doesn't want to believe that some foreign shmuck can just come into the league and surpass all these hard working young point guards that i have been watching for years. I don't know man, Europeans just kind off piss me off in general.

Never paid attention to world basketball outside of the olympics.

But how do they come up with the roster for a tournament like this?

Is it basically just which stars are willing to play?

Our current roster is a far cry from the best the US has to offer.

I was wondering how a game against Spain could even be sort of close.

Even given the fact that these guys don't play regularly as a team.

We should just send the entire Celtics team over there and whoop ass.

The Spanish national team is a force, have you even looked at their roster? Alot of really good players, AND they've been playing together for years.

I'm as "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!" as everyone else, but it's ridiculous to think that other countries aren't producing great players and teams anymore. Spain, Argentina, Greece, Brazil all have really good national teams, who have all beaten the US (maybe Brazil hasn't?) at some point or another.

Don't get me wrong, when we send all our best players, like The Redeem team in 08, we're unstoppable (although Spain did come very close to beating us in that gold medal game), but this current collection can definitely be beat by some of the teams out there.

That said, I think the US is gonna take this, and I really hope so, because we haven't won the World Championship since fuckin 94

Plus, he got drafted to the Wolves and they have rights to buy his contract from the Spanish team he plays with. He will most likely play with a team rebuilding until his contract is up and a championship contending team wants to snag him.

^^^You're fucking tripping. Rubio may have outside game and a great jump shot. But there is no way in hell he can drive the ball like Rondo can. Don't talk like a man with a paper asshole.

Did you watch the USA/Spain game?

I can definitely undertsnd your bias towards American players, but he DID drive and pass the ball like Rondo. Kid is flashy, and has solid fundementals at the same time

103075456_crop_340x234.jpg?1282727275

With the final cut for the USA team looming, Rajon Rondo was worried about being cut by Mike Krzyzewski. So Rajon made the final cut easier on the Coach K (which was speculated to be between Eric Gordon and Stephen Curry)—he cut himself from the team.

Rondo cited that he had "family obligations" that barred him from competing with the USA team, an excuse I find hard to believe.

Hours before Rondo was officially off the USA team, he told ESPN.com, "I think I'm on the bubble. Just looking at the obvious—I got a DNP last game. That pretty much speaks for itself."

After attending a meeting with the Team USA coaching staff and team hierarchy, Rondo withdrew himself from the team.

Rondo was having a hard time playing for Team USA. His game doesn't translate well internationally and his lack of a jumpshot and free-throw shooting is too much to overlook at times.

What Rondo does do well is dish the ball and run the floor, an expectation he did not live up to during the Lithuania exhibition game in Madrid.

Rondo was the starter that game and had been in all previous contests. But against Lithuania, Rondo couldn't get the team going at the fast pace Coach K wanted. The team instantly fell behind and scored just seven points in the first quarter. Rondo finished the game with two points (1 of 4 shooting), one assist, and four turnovers.

Rondo soon found himself behind Rose on the depth chart, and then behind Westbrook.

Rondo, who is highly praised for his part in the Celtics' recent successes, felt disrespected by Coach K, especially after the DNP-CD against Spain.

He saved himself the embarrassment of headlining as the "final cut of Team USA" by leaving the team for "some family matters to attend to and some things to take care of before the NBA season."

Really, Rondo? I just wish he would admit that he left only under the pretenses that he knew he was on the chopping block.

What is so pressing that it can't wait two weeks—two weeks he planned on being away anyways?

If Rondo really is going home to run some errands, he backs out on a commitment he made to Team USA a long time ago. Practices and tryouts for the team started near the end of July. The tournament in Turkey ends in the middle of September. For him to back out now (after a month of practices and only a couple weeks from the end) to handle more important issues, has me scratching my head in disbelief.

It doesn't matter that he would have been cut. This incident gives a look into the mind of Rajon Rondo. Blaming his own ineptitude on family matters? He's coming off as a prima donna in the making.

Put your ego aside and take the cut if it's deserving (which it is).

What's worse is Rondo claiming his move was "what's best for the country." Rondo has painted a golden-framed, velvet-laced picture in his mind—in which he's a family-first, first-string deserving, patriotic point-guard.

What's "best for the country" is honoring a commitment. If Rondo wasn't going to be cut, do you think this would have happened?

Hopefully Rajon uses these much needed two weeks to prep himself for the upcoming season. He'll need all the team he can get to work on his sorry excuse for a jumpshot.

Yeah, Rondo's rep has always been that he doesn't like to be coached, so once Coach K didn't start him I saw that coming.

USA blew out Greece by like 30 today, but Greece didn't play 3 of their best players, and also definitely treated it like the exhibition game it was.

Tournament starts Saturday, USA vs Croatia