Streetwear is for TOOOLSSS

enigmatic

On multiple occasions I have been approached and asked for information about silk screeners, design , etc. by people (mostly tools) who want to either a.) start there own "label" or b.) get down on a 'collabo'.

I seriously think people need to beat to death every hype-beat/hipster faggot who thinks they can put in work because they own photoshop and have the "helvetica font"

umm. but oh, wait, thats like half the legitimate companys that hypebeasts FLOCK to? what the fockkk? no one is doing anything creative or unique at all?

hahaha.

discuss streetwear and how it is or is not totally whack.

and for the record i give major props to the people who are doing good honest work regardless of what is hype'beating or "in". I dont think those people would say that they make "streetwear" though.

I do not make or sell streetwear. for the record. so dont read to much into what i have to say. i do make wearable-things for freinds/family. i do not make or lose money doing so. and do not plan to. it is for fun.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ive been silk screening my own shirts for like the past 5 years. I dont make shirts all graffiti like. I dont sell them and really my friends dont even wear them. I told one of my friends Id make 2 of em for his bday....like 3 years ago ahaha. Personally I dont like half the shirts other companies make. Yeah some make some pretty dope shit but....Im not throwing down 60 bucks for a fucking tshirt. I love Jersey shirts. They have a good assortment of colors, theyre comfortable, dont stretch out, takes a while before they fade, and the best part theyre 3 bucks at Michaels. I make custom cheap frames, stape 12x silk screen nice and tight, and put something I like on it. Guess you can say I make limited runs for myself.

Im just a casual dresser, simple. Im definitely no hipster. I just wanna rock my own shit. Also I hate fucking novelty style shirts with gay sayings so I promise you I dont rock that shit.

Ive been silk screening my own shirts for like the past 5 years. I dont make shirts all graffiti like. I dont sell them and really my friends dont even wear them. I told one of my friends Id make 2 of em for his bday....like 3 years ago ahaha. Personally I dont like half the shirts other companies make. Yeah some make some pretty dope shit but....Im not throwing down 60 bucks for a fucking tshirt. I love Jersey shirts. They have a good assortment of colors, theyre comfortable, dont stretch out, takes a while before they fade, and the best part theyre 3 bucks at Michaels. I make custom cheap frames, stape 12x silk screen nice and tight, and put something I like on it. Guess you can say I make limited runs for myself.

Im just a casual dresser, simple. Im definitely no hipster. I just wanna rock my own shit. Also I hate fucking novelty style shirts with gay sayings so I promise you I dont rock that shit.

NOW thats style... haha, ive silk screened shit before, its way better than throwing down more $$ for something you can make yourself

props to shortfuse

• 2 months later...
my dude said he don't wear streetwear.

Ahem...

"and for the record i give major props to the people who are doing good honest work regardless of what is hype'beating or "in". I dont think those people would say that they make "streetwear" though."

Huf has been down for a while putting out good work. Flying coffin is sick.

I was mostly dissing brands with no sense of originality or culture. Mall brands, a lot of the shit on karmaloop.

ya knaw whadai meen.

The Hundreds - Suck Ass, But I respect their hustle. They have never made 1 t shirt i have liked. How they got so big is beyond me.

Fuct - Great Orginal Innovative Company - Dude tells wack stores that want to carry Fuct to Fuck off.

Fresh Jive - OG company still around cant knock Rick klotz

Crooks And Castles - Yawn - Bunch of asians from Cerritoes who claim LA and are on some gangster shit??

Supreme - Very Overrated and Overpriced

King Stampede - FRESH, the owner Nick is down to earth and hella cool guy. Clothes are original and not on some fake shit.

Diamond - I like alot of what they put out

Anything im forgetting?

• 1 month later...
The Hundreds - Suck Ass, But I respect their hustle. They have never made 1 t shirt i have liked. How they got so big is beyond me.

Fuct - Great Orginal Innovative Company - Dude tells wack stores that want to carry Fuct to Fuck off.

Fresh Jive - OG company still around cant knock Rick klotz

Crooks And Castles - Yawn - Bunch of asians from Cerritoes who claim LA and are on some gangster shit??

Supreme - Very Overrated and Overpriced

King Stampede - FRESH, the owner Nick is down to earth and hella cool guy. Clothes are original and not on some fake shit.

Diamond - I like alot of what they put out

Anything im forgetting?

10 DEEP

aNYthing

DURKL!

Alife

Mishka

etc.

what do you mean by novelty shirts? like tshirthell.com's shirts.becuase some of those are fucking hilarious and id totally rock them.but forreal i usually just wear a plain black tee most of the time.or white with some dickies and some chuck taylors.

• 1 month later...