The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

i like anchor beers

ok since the autumn beers are coming out now what seasonals do you guys like?

breckenridge_autumn_ale.jpg

i had this today

i've never had anything from breckenridge but this was damn tasty

also another favorite

2984258914_588d885937.jpg

bells' oktoberfest

imo this is basically oberon with a hint of autumn, and i love oberon

then i had this

Oktoberfest2009_BottleGlass.jpg

great lakes oktoberfest

truthfully i didnt really like it. it wasn't terrible but i just didn't like it as much as the first 2

what pumpkin beers do you like? they should be out this week.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o+fallon+pumpkin.jpg

a little early but i got a sixer of Ofallon pumpkin beer

it was alright. more pumpkin spice than anything else.

better than michelobs pumpkin spice but perhaps i just dont like pumpkin beers

i want to try the buffalo bills pumpkin before i decide but this really want my thing

body_harvest_stbc_low.jpg

i know there are some southern tier fans here but sorry this will probably be my last purchase

from them. they are mediocre at best and this harvest ale was crap. like a terrible ipa.

i think they have an imperial pumpkin that i may try if i ever see it but id rather get something else

Just picked up a bomber of

3287277048_3e58bf1199.jpg

and a 4pack of

2401746724_8d79472316.jpg?v=0

I'm always kinda skeptical about pumpkin ales, since i really don't like overly sweet beers, and a lot of breweries overdo the sweetness factor on pumpkin ales. When i asked the girl working at the liquor store how it was, the first thing she said was that she really liked it because it wasn't too sweet, so i had to try it. I'll report back in a little bit once i crack one.

And the Stone Imperial Russian Stout is always win.

The punkin ale gets my approval. Not overly sweet, with the right amount of spice to it. It could use a little bit more pumpkin flavor in my opinion, but beyond that and the price tag, i could definitely drink a bunch of these.

I think i'm going to have to hit up the big local liquor store that sells singles out of six packs and try a bunch of pumpkin ales one of these days.

100_3098.jpg

abita pecan harvest

if you gave me a blind test i doubt i would detect the nut flavor

not a bad beer but nothing special either.

its drinkable, smooth, but a little too light tasting for me.

it feels like it needs just that extra bit of flavor to make it more worthwile

While at the liquor store, i spotted a Creme Brulee stout by Southern Tier. My original reaction was to ignore it and i grabbed a 4pack of Old Rasputin (which is becoming my regular for late at night when i'm just having a beer or two) and a bomber of Left Hand's Winter Ale that my liquor store still had some of for some reason and had put on sale. My curiosity got the best of me though and i grabbed the Creme Brulee stout as well.

When i cracked it open, i was hit with a strong, delicious smell of vanilla, but unfortunately the beer didn't live up to the smell at all. The best way i can describe it is just that something isn't right about it. Or more accurately, a lot of things aren't right about it. i can't quite identify them all, but it just doesn't work. Tastes like burnt coffee beans with a hunt of vanilla, the aftertaste is kinda bitter and unpleasant, and it leaves your mouth kinda dry and nasty tasting. On the bright side, its 10% ABV, and everyone on beeradvocate seems to like it, so i'm hoping it comes together a little bit more as it warms up from fridge temp.

2755398242_dba2445a45.jpg

I know someone else had expressed the fact that they aren't that impressed by southern tier, and i'm starting to feel that way the more beers of theirs i try. I still really like their imperial oat, and i want to try their Imperial Pumpkin, but quite a few of their beers that i've tried were nothing special at all. Some of them were what i would consider bad