The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lurker- I've been there. Selection isn't bad, but a wee overpriced on some things. And I think you are right, I don't believe they bottle.

john_gacy- Told you that narwhal was beastly. I had it at almost room temperature the first time, goddamn delicious.

And lastly, I will always support Berkshire Brewing Company. Love that brewery, even if they didn't make solid beers, it'd just be for nostalgia's sake.

was actually coming into this thread to post this beer. Probably one of my favorite winter/xmas seasonals. Lagunitas stick to their IPA primary and deliver a nice smooth hop and that 9.9% is not even noticeable. I just hate the cherry, cinn, all spice, mumbo jumbo that goes on this time of year and Brown Shugga always keeps me out of those flavors, happy, and buzzed.

hoppy and at 9.9%...nice cool buzz

lagunitas-brown-shugga.jpg

plus you rarely find high gravs, especially at 9.9%, in 6 packs....4 is usually enough but if you really are looking to get tanked.

http://www.darklordday.com/about/

Dark Lord, described as "a gargantuan Russian Stout brewed with coffee, molasses, and honey; 13% abv."[3] is the beer for which Three Floyds is most famous, and is rated as one of the best beers in the world.[4] It is sold only on Dark Lord Day, the last Saturday in April. Numbers attending are now limited to 6,000 via pre-sold tickets after crowd control problem in the past.[

Been to the younger release a few years ago.

These days, I'd rather drink a Blind Pig than an Elder.

I'll report back about the Narwhal situation when I go grocery shopping later.

Prospective Thanksgiving beers:

Firestone IV

Mikeller Chipotle Porter (year old)

Jesterking BlackMetal Stout (2 years old, pre-farmhouse infestation at the brewer)

gonna pick up some more from around the way.

Mikeller Chipotle Porter is awesome. I had one but drank it the night I bought it. The heat hits you far back after you finish the sip.

Ive this dude the other week was at my bar and talked up the pliny beers liked they were one of the best beers ever. I dont think I can get them where I live. The guy had a ridiculous beer bar at his home with all the bottles saved from each beer he had, hundreds, I find that tacky but just from the amount Id probably trust any recommendation.

i found narwhal.

will report later. drinking highlife now. waiting for my brother to get here to crack the good ones.

also, deviant dales kind of disappointed me. i had it years ago on tap. don't know if my palate changed so much or what, but its too malty for me to be in love with it. i will say that 1 makes a pretty solid shower beer though. 8% tall boys.

The guy had a ridiculous beer bar at his home with all the bottles saved from each beer he had, hundreds, I find that tacky but just from the amount Id probably trust any recommendation.

I've gotten to the point where I have to be selective about what is worth keeping, as much crap as I'll catch for this, it's dubbed the 'inspiration wall' here at work. I have hundreds of bottles on display, and many, many, many more in boxes/crates out the back - that for some reason, I just can't throw out.

Same deal at home.

Tacky? Maybe. Not sure. Most of my friends, even non beer drinkers are usually pretty interested by all the different labels and places of origin.

I think I get a pass as it's literally my job to drink beer.

i get it but don't do it.

i have friends who have entire walls covered with bottles.

i think from a graf/font/art standpoint bottles and cans often have my favorite imagery.

like right now i love that highlife is doing the old bottle labels with each year marked, say what you will about the beer (its fucking real drinkable) the art and labels have been consistently great.

i had a roommate that screwed his mickeys 40 caps into the ceiling above his bed. it took a few months but he eventually had the whole area of his bed covered. then he got hit with a stray in a drive by (go tenderloin) and decided he should move out. anyways, that was tacky.