The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

Wolavers+Oatmeal+Stout+2010.JPG

went to the bar the other night and didn't want an ipa or any seasonal ale so i wound up getting this. been a while since i had an oatmeal stout. it was pretty good which was a suprise since i was in a bar known for having free pizza sometimes.

whoever said the dogfish chicory stout is good is on point. i usually go for the chocolate tasting dark beers if i'm gonna treat myself but haven't had anything new in a while if you bruhs got any suggestions.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone IPA

Port Brewing- Old Viscocity

Trader Joes - Vintage Ale 2010 (via Unibroue)

Anchor Brewing Co - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2010(Magnum)

Lagunitas Maximus

and a bunch of ham sammiches w plenty of BBQ sauce...MacGruber, The Story of Riki-Oh, and now Friday the 13th (#1)

Excellent night....

My night thus far:

2 of these (Black Metal Stout, ~10%abv)

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-jester-king-black-metal-imperial-stout

1 of these (racer 5):

bear20republic20racer205.jpeg

1 of these (Celebration 2010):

celebrationale.jpg

and a quarter of one of these (EYO):

adderallxr20mg.jpg

I'm working on my writing sample for graduate school. For those that know my writings in the general philosophy thread (Thread in Untitled)). Currently with the working title "An Argument for Intentionality in Machines."

We'll see how it goes.

has not posted in a while, too much bizzyness.

my collection from the week: I have scored a huge paint job (not teh sprayz brOs, if you don't already know) at a "topshelf finecrafted beer store" these are compliments of the owner.

DFH "90 minute" 8%

Lagunitas "hop stoopid" 8%

Rogue "brutal ipa" *%

DFH "my antonia" 7.5%

Mikeller "rauch geek breakfast" 7.5%

Sierra Nevada "celebration ale" 6.8%

Haand Bryggeriet "dobble dram" 9%

more paints tmrw!

003-1.jpg

this on draft

4212124466_174dcd6535.jpg

:cool:

Drank a year old bottle of this on christmas. Delicious. A nice chistmas touch to a belgian dark ale that had a bit of a flanders and wild yeast fermentation feel to it.

I'd love to cop another 2009, or find a 2010 and save it. I don't really think it could last past a year though. I suspect six months would be fucking prime.

Of course you two booze hounds would be on this thread so early in the morning... The windows look real nice man, havent had the chance to grab some gems yet. We are going to Genoa tonight for the new years, you and the ol' lady should roll out.

* Whattup Count Drunkula!

So far tonight...I have more but Ill post what Ive tasted out of the 7 since I might not make it through all of them ahahhah

It was good but nothing I would freak out about. I really noticed nothing different about it. Bud light wheat basically. Sad

agave2.jpg

Was a good brown ale, lighter. I have some good rich browns before this one was just good and clean. Bells very very very rarely disappoints.

Bell%2527s+Best+Brown+Ale.jpg

Since its been a long long long time since Ive had a red ale Im short the words it will take to describe my feelings. It was good and I had no regrets....basically.

Big_Hoppy_Monster.jpg

Dogfish being a hit with me and yet a seldom miss I do think Im enjoy this one, present tense. Strong citrus with a lighter more orange flavor than the strong grapefruit, maybe even pink grapefruit. It is smooth and tasty. A 2 dollar imperial I cant hate on.

photo.jpg?w=385&h=515

:edit:

Add this one to the list....it is good yet it tastes like the Imperial red by terrapin up there

JohnBarleycorn.jpg