Your -vs- You're

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the age of text messaging and the internet is what's fucking up english grammar. my friend is a 2nd grade teacher, and he said kids will actually write out "ur" and "u" and other internet lingo on tests and homework and shit.

seriously though, there's no reason to misuse the correct form of "your" and "you're", "to" and "too", etc. That's seriously 2nd grade English.

here's some other words that irk me when misspelled:

weird

definitely

ridiculous

NAWT movement?

I took my GED with six months of school left to go. I can spell and properly set up a sentence better than a lot of my friends who went to college for four years.

I'm planning on going back to school soon, so I'm finally getting a chance to see if my theory that higher education makes you dumber is true or not.

i noticed you got on me in another thread about this.

i KNOW the difference, trust me.

but when im drunk/high/hungover and typing on 12oz i could really care less about proper grammar or spelling.

the fact that it irritates you irritates me. if this thread was created by anyone else i would clown on you, but bojangles been around 12oz since the dawn of time, so its all gravy.

but when im drunk/high/hungover and typing on 12oz i could really care less about proper grammar or spelling.

the fact that it irritates you irritates me. if this thread was created by anyone else i would clown on you, but bojangles been around 12oz since the dawn of time, so its all gravy.

seriously

why does anyone care, if you read a letter on paper and you find an error, you dont go to the guy who made the pizza menu and be all like "ummmmm, excuse me,, are you dense? Theres a misuse of a predicaqte right here below the buffalo wings" You would be the biggest homo ever and they would wipe their balls all over your toppings

Just skip over and let it go. The internet is not one long english test, obviously, ... they were probably high, drunk, stupid , or didnt care... you shouldnt care either

Don't take it personal. It's anyone that does it really.

...And yes, I am old as dirt.