WrestleMania

MisterSenor

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gooch --you've probably seen this. but i love this fucking video!

as for this wrestlemania shit --what number is this one? i feel fucking old. i remember watching the first couple of them at random friend's houses. i always got in trouble for swearing. go figure, i was "that kid."

"you suck hulk hogan dick, and you suck hulk hogan ass."

hahaha, nah i never seen that.

yeah man, same here.

Naw. he didn.t

In fact here is a breakdown of the night.

First match:

JBL vs Fit Finley: Ok match nothin special.

Money in the bank match: AWESOME. Some crazy spots were hit. The ending wasn't quite booked as I would have liked it. I don't really dig CM Punk or Jericho these days. But the match itself was ballin.

Playboy bunny match... ehh. At least snoop dogg got to clothesline someone and make out with maria.

Brand supremacy match between Umaga and Batista: ehh. Umaga is cool and Batista sucks as a wrestler. case closed.

ECW Title match: Awesome booking. Complete Squash match. Kane came in, choked slammed Chavo. Walked out.

Ric Flair and HBK: words can't describe. Great, emotional match. Ric Flair def gave it his all. Crazy moment of history to watch go down.

Tripple H, John Cena, Randy Orton: Tripple H is the man. we all know it. Give him the belt.

Edge and Undertaker: Slow starting match. Picked up in the end. Wanted edge to end the streak, but to no avail. The dead man wins.

Oh, and to Gooch, etc.

Everyone knows it's fake. It isn't watched in the belief that it is real. It is watched in the belief that the fans affect the story lines. Which they do.

The odd intersection of reality and fake that is Wrestling is insane. Between deaths, steroid use, and other issues this is a company that must adapt and coexist with all the bad things it breeds. Benoit's death and subsequent murder of his family. Eddie Guerrero dying of a heart attack at the recent peak of his career. This shit is fake, and it isn't all at the same time.

Yeah a person may know they are gonna jump off a twenty foot ladder into a another ladder, but it still doesn't make that action any less impressive or painful. If anything that a person is willing to get up there and try some shit like that is all the more impressive.

At any rate. Many of us who watch are fully aware of the shows connection to "reality." In fact, it is because of this connection that we watch. Think about contemporary news media, I think they learned a couple things from wrestling. Even, as noted before, reality telivision. The mix of scripted events with real life improptu makes for interesting drama.

Wrestling just happens to be a lineage of such interaction between participant and fan that spans thousands of years.

Go read Roland Barthes' Mythology.l