FUCK YOU APPLE, FOREVER.

MESTHREE

fuck Apple and fuck this macbook.

Thus far:

-faulty top case: cracked at palm rest where magnetic bezel hits the bottom - out 5 days for repair.

- discolouration

- rippeled exterior case from shitty heat exchange design

- Total HD hardware failure - everything goooone: HD replaced, out 3 days for repair.

- Top case cracks at palm rest in exactly the same spot yet again - have to ship it out. no computer for 3 - 5 days.

one more fuckup and this bitch better qualify for some sort of lemon policy.

if you are buying a mac do yourself a favour and pay for the pro. Fuck this fucking machine to hell!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my g5 imac had a problem with the logic board that would prevent it from turning on. I took it in to a mac certified repair place (no mac stores here) and despite the fact that I bought it two years ago from a different retailer and had no applecare plan, they still fixed it free of charge (not even labour). It was some kind of latent defect in the logic boards from that 1st gen of g5 imacs. thats the only problem I've had in 8 years of owning mac products.

I had a Lance Armstrong edition Hp laptop, which exploded recently, leaving me sans-compooper.

My brother coincidentally was selling his Powerbook g4 shortly thereafter, I bought it, so I am an Apple person now. Not by choice; simply necessity.

Fuck you snooty apple fucks.

just a heads up to any of you guys who have a macbook or the pro with the magnetic power adapter...

shit either is going to or already has been recalled according to my local apple store

i had that shit charging on my footrest about 3 months ago while i took a shower

i came out and it was smoking and then caught fire before i could pull it away

the wires frayed where the plug meets the machine and then heated up and burnt

the new plug is supposed to have some harder plastic so when you grab it t disconnect it

it wont be as hard on the plug making it less likely to fray

my g5 imac had a problem with the logic board that would prevent it from turning on. I took it in to a mac certified repair place (no mac stores here) and despite the fact that I bought it two years ago from a different retailer and had no applecare plan, they still fixed it free of charge (not even labour). It was some kind of latent defect in the logic boards from that 1st gen of g5 imacs. thats the only problem I've had in 8 years of owning mac products.

Same here. I have a G5 Pro where I live, and sometimes it won't recognize the video card at boot. What you have to do is unplug it for ten minutes. This resets the logic board. Then plug it back in, and boot it into Open Firmware (power then press command-option-O-F on the keyboard). This will take you to a command line...this is the FORTH system the computer boots from. When you're in there type the following command-

reset nvram reset all

-then the machine will reboot and it should be back to normal.

Same here. I have a G5 Pro where I live, and sometimes it won't recognize the video card at boot. What you have to do is unplug it for ten minutes. This resets the logic board. Then plug it back in, and boot it into Open Firmware (power then press command-option-O-F on the keyboard). This will take you to a command line...this is the FORTH system the computer boots from. When you're in there type the following command-

reset nvram reset all

-then the machine will reboot and it should be back to normal.

I researched that online. I kept it going by doing that for a few months, but eventually the logic board gave out all together.