Never thought I would make this change

-TORN-

there are certain times when it is wise and beneficial to shake the monkey suits. for example, if your are dealing in illegal activities, why draw attention to yourself by rocking baggy jeans and a hood fit, because it will automatically attract the attention of cops and other thugs. rocking a classy but low key fit enables one to streamline through certain situations.

another example, driving flashy cars with big rims and beats bumping. if your driving around drunk, busting knocks, doing graffiti, whatever you hoodlums do, you have such a higher chance of getting busted than if you simply did all your business in a gold/silver sedan that is completely stock and nondescript.

maybe im just someone who hates attention and being seen. certain people like rappers and celebrities thrive off that stuff, i want to be lowkey as possible. i dont want to talk to police officers or get into confrontations with folks any more than i need to. im on the grind and i hate distractions.

The exact reasons you just stated why you dress like a herb don't make sense.

If you walk through the hood in philly dressed like a herb you're going to draw the exact wrong attention that you just said you where trying to avoid.

You'll probably get robbed, and you'll definitely get stopped by the cops and searched for drugs cause they figure that's your only business being there is to cop.

Shit must be different on the west coast because it seriously baffles me how yall constantly talk about dressing like herbs to go bombing.

Not to mention, where the fuck you put your paint? Don't tell me yall walking around rocking the book bag in 08 now. :lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As some of you may know, I dressed sorta ghetto, but not super hoodrat.

I was chillin at the mall today, and I completely changed everything. I went in with baggy everything, and came out rockin a large Polo, some fitting jeans, and Sperrys.

Just seems more presentable, and you cant wear baggy clothes for ever.

Any of you made a switch like that?

big deal, you like kanye west.

i always hated to stand out because of something as trivial as material posessions.

it took me awhile to realize this but people who have nothing to offer feel they have to dress a certain way to look "cool" and fit in with some group. same way with music and shit.

its the whole clothes make the man argument i guess.

wear whatever. its really not that serious.

this whole argument has to be categorized. First, you have the people in here advocating dressing a certain way for a business reason or whatever, then you have people saying dress however you want. Both outlooks are fine cause I dress however I want , but when I'm on my grind I dress according to what will make my job easier and make it more welcoming and comfortable for my customer. Call me whatever you want, but when you have a hustle with potential to pull more than a G a day, you'll dress how you think you should to get that money cause people don't pay niggas in white tees and saggy drawers that kind of money unless they're on the music grind.....dead up, so I'll wear a preppy polo and some khaki joints. business is business.

this whole argument has to be categorized. First, you have the people in here advocating dressing a certain way for a business reason or whatever, then you have people saying dress however you want. Both outlooks are fine cause I dress however I want , but when I'm on my grind I dress according to what will make my job easier and make it more welcoming and comfortable for my customer. Call me whatever you want, but when you have a hustle with potential to pull more than a G a day, you'll dress how you think you should to get that money cause people don't pay niggas in white tees and saggy drawers that kind of money unless they're on the music grind.....dead up, so I'll wear a preppy polo and some khaki joints. business is business.

i agree.

The exact reasons you just stated why you dress like a herb don't make sense.

If you walk through the hood in philly dressed like a herb you're going to draw the exact wrong attention that you just said you where trying to avoid.

You'll probably get robbed, and you'll definitely get stopped by the cops and searched for drugs cause they figure that's your only business being there is to cop.

Shit must be different on the west coast because it seriously baffles me how yall constantly talk about dressing like herbs to go bombing.

Not to mention, where the fuck you put your paint? Don't tell me yall walking around rocking the book bag in 08 now. :lol:

you got a point about some of that. for the most part, im not talking dress like an herb, im talking a style called 'hood casual'. i'll rock my jeans and jordans, but no white t's or flashy jerseys. im not saying rock your hollister tshirts and board shorts when you stroll the jects, thats retarded as hell. and nothing is really different on the west coast, just walking down certain streets, no matter what your wearing, and your gonna get into something.

and for the most part, i try not to walk through hoods im not from, stupid thing to do. i'll cruise through them in something inconspicuous, not a bright red impala asking kids on the corner to shoot out my back window. i do not fuck with hoodfellas, sorry, i moved away from glorifying hood shit a long time ago.

and bombing is a whole nother affair. i do not mix the daily grind with bombing. graffiti is something i get prepared for if i go out at night, and my outfit for that are my paint stained jeans, my old northface parka, and a beanie. if im out doing graff im looking as gutter as possible, even though i have run through certain areas in slacks, dress shirt, and tie, bombin shit.

you got a point about some of that. for the most part, im not talking dress like an herb, im talking a style called 'hood casual'. i'll rock my jeans and jordans, but no white t's or flashy jerseys. im not saying rock your hollister tshirts and board shorts when you stroll the jects, thats retarded as hell. and nothing is really different on the west coast, just walking down certain streets, no matter what your wearing, and your gonna get into something.

and for the most part, i try not to walk through hoods im not from, stupid thing to do. i'll cruise through them in something inconspicuous, not a bright red impala asking kids on the corner to shoot out my back window. i do not fuck with hoodfellas, sorry, i moved away from glorifying hood shit a long time ago.

and bombing is a whole nother affair. i do not mix the daily grind with bombing. graffiti is something i get prepared for if i go out at night, and my outfit for that are my paint stained jeans, my old northface parka, and a beanie. if im out doing graff im looking as gutter as possible, even though i have run through certain areas in slacks, dress shirt, and tie, bombin shit.

That's what I'm talking about. I just wear some baggy oldnavy jeans, whatever old kicks I don't mind getting dirty and a plain hoodie or my fake Northface I got from Models that holds mad cans. :biglaugh:

Some dudes on here claim they bomb in "business casual" and shit. Then you got the dudes on here claiming they walk through the hood in tight pants. LMAO!

i grew up aroudn alot of eastern european immigrants, russian, armenian, etc. i tend to go towards that style now. black/grey suits/slacks. sedans rims optional. sttreamline through traffic countin my stacks, not countin shit in front of liquor stores. i did not grow up idolizing the street thugs, corner dealers, the low riders, the scrapers, all that shit is too flashy and attention seeking for me. i fucking HATE hyphy movement kids, these fucking concord wiggers with their bape hoodies. WHITE PEOPLE LOOK FUCKING STUPID in all over print hoodies and shit like that. look straight clowning, trying to be mistah fab. get the fuck outta here! spending 300 on your hoody that your too afraid to get paint or blood on. wiggers are fake, they dress like that for the wrong reasons. they bump shitty rap music and sell dime sacks to bump their hood cred.

i was never a wigger. wearing marc ecko shirts, durags, 5 color fitted hats, that was never me. when i was a young buck running around my daily fit were my jeans, my puff coat, and my all black SF hat. then i managed to steal and eventually ruin a few northface jackets, so i wear those now when i paint. i copped a few denali jackets to wear when i want to not look like a graffiti writer/thug/etc. a few dress shirts to wear to work and class. some Arizona slacks (classy but casual), and clean one color jordans, always all black or all white.

Some dudes on here claim they bomb in "business casual" and shit. Then you got the dudes on here claiming they walk through the hood in tight pants. LMAO!

i dont know where you from but tight pants is big in the hood now, especially among hispanics

tight pants in colors to like red and shit

no ones rocking nuthuggers in these hoods. i was cruisin through the fillmore yesterday and the kids there are wearing the same shit they did back in 2000. all black hoodys over dark blue jeans, hoods up 5-6 deep in front of doorstoops.

they were all lookin at the BMW like they didnt even know what model it was.

I'm wearing-

B136DKB.jpg

black Carhartt work pants, 34x32

guys_298_M5.jpg

American Apparel black t-shirt

Hiking-Shoes-HK-016-.jpg

REI low top hiking shoes similar to this

huntingcap.jpg

hunting cap (with flaps)

underwear, socks and glasses

Yeah. I was wearing a busdriver's hat for a while (friend of mine works for the TA), but I copped this new one when my friend went to Alaska last week.

Mine's waterproof black nylon with dark grey sheepskin. It might be a LITTLE too warm.

no ones rocking nuthuggers in these hoods. i was cruisin through the fillmore yesterday and the kids there are wearing the same shit they did back in 2000. all black hoodys over dark blue jeans, hoods up 5-6 deep in front of doorstoops.

they were all lookin at the BMW like they didnt even know what model it was.

Thats because they probably didnt know what model it was.

Archived