I be brewing my own BERRRRRR!!

ClueTwo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not a whole lot of difference with the exception of quantity. Barley was done the same, then malt extract, bittering hops, and all boiled for an hour. Added the finishing hops, boiled for an extra 5 minutes, and cooled for yeast. Then into went into the bucket and now we wait.

oh word cause i knew there are kits out there that you can just add water and boil then let it sit... didnt know you were doing the whole thing or not

good luck man

i wasnt meaning to say your brewing idea would'nt work.

well no i figure it takes a lot and i'll probably lose interest before any money-making opportunities come to fruition. not only that but if your aunt and uncle actually owned a brewery and it never came out right something tells me my idea of bathtubs in the basement wont work out all that well.

i was trying to reply but i think this link will be much more helpfull.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lager

when i said whacky off flavors i do not mean its going to taste like pond scum. but at that temp of 72 degrees its also not going to very much resemble the style of an oktoberfest that you would be expecting. its going to have a more fuller Ale like taste to it. any thing else if you stick with the hobby you will learn with time.

me and a buddy made our own beer as well.

i didnt know shit about it, but hes been brewing for awhile and i wanted to see whats up.

we made it with just the malt, hops, and barley (i think)

i didnt take pics of the first part where everything is boiled, etc, but i took a few of the bottling

washed bottles chilling on the bottle tree:

IMG00033.jpg

siphoning into the bucket:

IMG00034.jpg

mmmm, bucket o' beer:

IMG00035.jpg

IMG00036.jpg

here's some of the finished product. we got 10 1L bottles and 36 regular sized:

IMG00037.jpg

just made my first porter today.

funny thing is, no boil...well, boil, but not wort.

mixed in porter mix, malt extract, no hops, one gallon boiling water straight into the fermentation bucket. mixed with other four gallons, wait until it hits 75 degrees, pour yeast on top, wait 30 minutes, mix, put top on, bubbler. wait.....

so, in five days, i hope to be bottling.

Hydro- That looks like he has a good setup. From the carboy to the bottle tree, your boy must be into the hobby a little further than myself. What kind of beer were you bottling?

Casek- The porter you described sounds dope and a little easier to make. Did you buy a pre-packaged kit, or was this another "family" recipe?

Daily- Something doesn't sound right with your homie brewing in only 7 days. He would have to have some commercial equipment to brew that fast, but I could be wrong. What kind of beer did he brew?