I be brewing my own BERRRRRR!!

ClueTwo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do you think? I don't want to get you or myself in trouble, but don't think sending one beer could be all that harmful.

Although, I can NOT risk the alphabet boys rolling to the crib. The grape juice I've got lying around smells a little too strong.

it'd be the BATFags, not ABC. they'd run up in your house screaming and yelling, flashbangs going off, then they'd see you're a homebrewer and leave. you'd get a bill for them breaking your shit a week later.

nah, it won't get either of us in trouble.

i think we should start throwing out recipes that we have made successfully... i'm sippin on my wheat ale as we speak and aside from a slight loss of after-taste due to the beer still beeing green and the minor loss of carbonation its pretty good. i got another batch chillin in the bottles with some brown sugar and cinnamon.

i'll post some pictures of the shit i have laying around in a little bit

random pictures...

DSCF1285.jpg?t=1200525702

few left over beers from the first batch

DSCF1286.jpg?t=1200525729

left over ingredients

DSCF1287.jpg?t=1200525749

you guys should try that dogfish head... its pretty good

DSCF1288.jpg?t=1200525777

the ass end of the last batch

DSCF1289.jpg?t=1200525796

1 gallon jug soaking with water in it

DSCF1293.jpg?t=1200525826

just poured a beer... that line isnt all head its one of the mugs with the water shell in it so you can freeze it

I've got my fourth batch in bottles right now. I tried one the other day after three weeks of bottle conditioning and it still tasted young as shit. Hopefully in a few weeks it will make a turn for the better.

This was an IPA and my first time trying dry hopping. It smelled awesome when I bottled so hopefully that taste will come through soon.

i made a mistake, the beer we made was a pale ale.

we opened it last week. it was really fucking good. great pour and a proper amount of head.

the yeast we got from my buddy's brewer friend must have been super active because he was saying the specific gravity (what tells you the alcohol content) was way lower than it should been.

long story short, it tastes good and gets you drunk

Ok, to you brewers out there..

I tested my beer for the first time this weekend and I was shocked. THE BEER WAS GOOD!!

But....... I'd like to know what changes in the next few weeks to modify the taste? It seemed a little lighter than I thought it should be and thought it might become a little stronger over the next few weeks.

This is my first attempt, and overall it was delicious. I just don't think it's as good as it could be.

Ok, to you brewers out there..

I tested my beer for the first time this weekend and I was shocked. THE BEER WAS GOOD!!

But....... I'd like to know what changes in the next few weeks to modify the taste? It seemed a little lighter than I thought it should be and thought it might become a little stronger over the next few weeks.

This is my first attempt, and overall it was delicious. I just don't think it's as good as it could be.

The beer will continue to evolve with time. It will not gain any sort of alcoholic content boost, that was taken care of in fermentation. Sitting on the beer for a long time will just meld toghter the flavors better than they are at now and more or less settle everything in. You may notice from time to time that if you have some beer you sit on longer that was carbonated by usung sugar that they get very overcarbonated. Some beer is good to age a while some is good to drink right away.

From what I understood, you are correct in the fact that the variance between your specific gravity reading would determine alcohol content.

I don't want to say my beer tasted watered down, but it seemed light..I'm glad it's not the polar opposite and extremely strong, but I was hoping for a beer with some substance.

Maybe I did something wrong, or maybe you're right and I just need to let it chill for a minute.

yeah, from what i understand the lower the specific gravity the higher the alcohol content.

maybe your yeast wasnt very active or maybe should have waited a bit longer to bottle. im no expert, but i know about yeast from baking/ breadmaking.

i think i said it earlier, the yeast we got from the brewer was super active that it made our brew stronger than expected.

i'd be willing to trade a few bottles if anyone wants as well. i wonder how easy the border is about things like beer...

oh and we're going to start our next batch tomorrow. hopefully i wont be a retard and remember to document the process

nice.

canada? maybe somewhat difficult. don't know.