Team Sleep Problems Official Thread.

Prime Chaos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I am working on my seniors thesis and am three pages into a chapter due later today.

Anyone interested in what it is about? Having to explain it to someone would help me better know how to frame the information I am trying to present.

if so, hit me up on the PM for an aim name.

This project is about integrating notions of self reference and introspection from Analytic Philosophy with current research in Semantic Web Technologies. This chapter specifically is about the expressive limitations of the Web Ontology languages of Semantic Web standards.

if that means anything to anyone... hit me up.

sure.

what section would you like? all I have is a completed first chapter on introspection and self reference as it relates to the word "all" in mathematics and Godel's Incompleteness theorems for formal systems as a self iterative imperative.

The second chapter that I am working on is on the outlining of the languages as I mentioned earlier.

exactly. I used to do this shit all the time (minus all the back flips), but back then it didn't have a fancy name.

and you know its played out when its in a Madonna video.....

good lord... i honestly would have rather been rickrolled..

i wish i could have been on the set when they filmed this video so i could have slapped everyone involved with the production..

madonna is hot in this one .. so i woulda used baby powder before i backhanded her ass

How does self reference figure into aspects of analytic philosophy that are pertinent to the issues of Semantic Web research? Further, can we narrow down how we might look to speak of self reference within analytic philosophy by virtue of how ontologies are constructed using the Semantic Web? Yes. Because the reasoning programs of the Semantic Web use formal languages akin to set theory and first order logic, we may look to writers and topics that speak about self reference in relation to extensions of the formal languages used in the Semantic Web.

The rest of this section will proceed as follows: I will look at how Ludwig Wittgenstein discusses the use of the word “I” in regular conversation and how this relates to what he says about the use of the word “all” in mathematical language. Next I will examine ideas of self reference as they apply to creating a computational perspective on syntactic semantics. Lastly I will consider perspectives on Gödel’s Theorem and how it relates to self reference and framing how we understand our own knowledge. Ultimately this will provide a strong base to speak about Semantic Web technologies and in what ways we should focus research on such through analysis of our own cognition from analytic philosophy.