help. need cat sitter!!

alure

Most of you know our situation. We're doing cross country moving and shit. We love our cat to death, and do not want to get rid of her.

We need some serious help. The man is driving from Alberta to Maryland. Than from Maryland to Texas after the baby is born. Anyone in between these areas can you watch our cat? It would be for about a month. We would either fly her out, and than have him pick her up on the way. . Or drop her off, and than have her flyed out. Tristate area would be really helpful.

We dont want to put her in a kennel for a month or give her away. We have a new baby on the way, a thousand things to move, traveling and all kinds of other shit.

Please help us. We will provide everything for her.

She's an indoor cat only, shes spayed. And she's nice with people. She doesnt ruin furniture, but she might chew on a sock. Isnt used to other animals, but we are desperate.

100_2890.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you want to fed ex it to new york i'll watch it...

haha, i mean usps it.

but for real, i can't have pets where i'm at and my (4 black) cats(that don't live with me) are rad and get fed like whoa, so right now it's the praying mantis and the stray cats outside.

mail me your cat and i'll feed it expensive anchovies..

Drive the cat into the US which I swear must violate some rule, but anyway. Ship the cat to a person in Texas - I don't know them in anyway but isn't that mod Poop Man Bob there and Tease? There is obviously opportunities for networking on 12oz. Pick them up when you get to the state and of course pay for the favor.

it might sound sad but you might have to consider getting rid of the cat if your going to have a new born baby in the house.when my wife had our second child her midwife suggested we get rid of ours for a few reasons.

1.being a house cat it probably sleeps inside in a warm spot, midwife said that the cat might want to sleep in a babies cot, besides fur an allergies the worse case scenario is sufferecating a newborn by lying on it . (that bit freaked us out when she said it)

2.if the cat doesnt like other animals a new born baby isn't gonna go down to well.it might get jealous because of all the attention you give to the new "animal" in the house.also stuff about food trays and kittylitter for crawling babies but thats later on.we didnt have to get rid of our cat though it ran away a few months before my wife had our daughter.anyway goodluck with all that

it might sound sad but you might have to consider getting rid of the cat if your going to have a new born baby in the house.when my wife had our second child her midwife suggested we get rid of ours for a few reasons.

1.being a house cat it probably sleeps inside in a warm spot, midwife said that the cat might want to sleep in a babies cot, besides fur an allergies the worse case scenario is sufferecating a newborn by lying on it . (that bit freaked us out when she said it)

2.if the cat doesnt like other animals a new born baby isn't gonna go down to well.it might get jealous because of all the attention you give to the new "animal" in the house.also stuff about food trays and kittylitter for crawling babies but thats later on.we didnt have to get rid of our cat though it ran away a few months before my wife had our daughter.anyway goodluck with all that

That's why you keep the cat out of the babies room. And keep the litter and food away from where he'll eventually be crawling around. We have those child gates to pretty much keep our youngin from leaving the livingroom when he's not in his bedroom. And the litterbox is at the bottom of the staircase and the cats food is in the kitchen.

It's not hard to figure out how to childproof a house.

And our cat has never attacked my kid.

There's no need to ditch your pet just cause you're having a kid.

yeah i agree like I said it was just stuff to consider, for us we always leave bedroom doors open when babies are sleeping, and cats being the stealthy little ninjas they are might slip in to the rooms for a nap, maybe its paranoia on my part. we probably would have gotten rid of our cat if it didn't run away cos we were in a small 2bedroom apartment, not enuff room 2 swing a cat in so to speak. you got a kid drunken? and you live with your kids mother? Damn I just got some respect for you.

yeah everyone thank you.

we are probally just going to end up putting her in a kennel. it seems like such a hassle, its almost tempting to give her away. but neither of us want too, our son loves her too. i think a family pet should be a commitment, and as cheesy as it sounds she is a family member.

its just dealing with all this other shit. has me losing my mindddd.

as far as the baby thing. she hides out alot most of the time anyway. and everyone has that fear of "cats stealing baby breath" but i know plenty of people who have owned cats, and have never had any problems. i'm just going to have to be strict about her trying to go in any of the baby's belongings. the only thing we were warned about from the doctor is that i shouldnt be messing with cat litter during pregnancy. so the mr had to change that out.

anyway back on topic. yay for cross country moving.

and for DAO.. we cant take her cause during our relocating we are staying at my parents house. and my mom is an obbessive complusive house cleaner. kitchen will be spotless I MEAN SPOTLESS, and she will come home and scrub the kitchen again. she thinks animals are the dirty. hates cats.

Drive the cat into the US which I swear must violate some rule, but anyway. Ship the cat to a person in Texas - I don't know them in anyway but isn't that mod Poop Man Bob there and Tease? There is obviously opportunities for networking on 12oz. Pick them up when you get to the state and of course pay for the favor.

her shots and rabies shots have to be up to date with certificates

i think petco has some sort of membership thing where you can make reservations and let

the cat or dog stay at their kennel for as long as you need. you could travel with it and let him stay

at one when you get to your moms crib. another idea is to ship your pet to a destination.