the word "hipster" as a negative gets thrown around far too often...

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hipster is pretty much another word for scenester. its just people trying to fit in. im willing to bet 95% of you rock some trendy bullshit that looks terrible. be it the hip hop billed beanie or the white t or studded belt etc etc etc. its all bullshit and pretty close to all of america is on some kind of trend, which makes pretty close to all of america hipsters.

thank you and god bless.

there are always going to be ticks that latch onto anything cool,just to be part of what is cool.these people dont ever really acomplish or build anything,so who gives a fuck,if you dress like a hipster and youre cool,then im cool with you,whatever

there are always going to be ticks that latch onto anything cool,just to be part of what is cool.these people dont ever really acomplish or build anything,so who gives a fuck,if you dress like a hipster and youre cool,then im cool with you,whatever

just like the guys and girls that have to buy anything and everything hollister or abercrombie

just cause everyone else is doing it.. then they throw out their whole closet to put in the 20 of the same shirt just diffretn colors

...especially given the fact that 99% of people on this board actually fall under that category.

damn near everything anyone under the age of 35 does/wears/listens to these days could be classed as "hipster" so you all really need to let it go and stop fronting.

denial ain't just a river in egypt

great point.

i think the people you are talking about suffer from the "oh no, that's not me" syndrome.

just like the guys and girls that have to buy anything and everything hollister or abercrombie

just cause everyone else is doing it.. then they throw out their whole closet to put in the 20 of the same shirt just diffretn colors

ask about fatalist. i swear that girl throws out her closet every new season.

That's funny this thread came up. I thought about it the other day and wondered how many of you screwheads I could get along with in the real world. I agree with Abracadabra, I think a lot of people on here fall into that vitamin water, track bike crowd.

I still e-love you though.

Here's my list of qualifying accessories around my way:

Fixed gear track bike

Vitamin Water

Sparx

Excessive bandana wearing (if you're not banging)

Chuck Taylors

ironic hats and shirts

Exclusive Nikes

bucket hats (like the lil' korean kids in MASH wore.)

Exploiting the fact that you only use a MAC computer.

Courier bags

Looking like a coffee house poet geek but blasting Young Jeezy.

The flat brimmed baseball cap look that got stolen from thug kids.

..I'll post more as I think of them.

nah man tight pants? hahaha i wear jeans and i chill some of them "baggy" but none of them jnco status and i certainly dont wear any stranglers... i get free clothes from a a couple good friends of mine who works at bigger skate stores and boutiques so some of the shit i wear would classify as like hipster ish but i really at this point dont care cause its a free shirt and ima wear it haha, my shoes its not like im wearing crazy ass dunks or anything i just dont like to have dirty shoes or haggard shit.