the word "hipster" as a negative gets thrown around far too often...

Abracadabra

...especially given the fact that 99% of people on this board actually fall under that category.

damn near everything anyone under the age of 35 does/wears/listens to these days could be classed as "hipster" so you all really need to let it go and stop fronting.

denial ain't just a river in egypt

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been said to me,

"When I first saw you, I thought you were a hipster and if I saw you walking down the street, I would call you an asshole. Now I know that you are an asshole. But you aren't a hipster asshole."

I took it as a compliment.

Of sorts.

I don't so much care what people think of me one way or the other.

I think I would rather be considered a hipster asshole, than a wigger weed lord or mall gangster.

When I was the age that belonging to a group was important thre was stoners, jocks, hicks, gangsters, preps and nerds but the nerds weren't considered cool like they are now they had moon boots in the summer and shirts with wolves and mountains and dreamcatchers and they knew karate or how to hack or something along those lines, which I guess would be cool now. I only started hearing the words emo and hipster get thrown around regularly in the last few years.

Fuck that there are two flavors to me.

You have the Office me who rocks khakis and button up shirts...

Then you have the other me which is either tshirts that are xl instead of hipster xxsmall and jeans that do not make my nuts go back into myself. I do not ever get mistaken for a skinny 14 year old girl. I do not listen to emo. I actually know what good music is. I have my hair cut short and rock gell (not like gotti) or a fitted.

Fuck hipsters it is a negative term usually followed by faggot hipster faggots who listen to ska music fucking fags god i hate them...

are we exempt from this category if we listen to rap?

yeah i was thinking that...

i listen to nothing but hip-hop

i mean

someone tell me?

am i a hipster? i mean i wear levis jeans my size

not any smaller or any bigger...

same thing with my white tee's

and i have been wearing the same shoes for 6 years..

Black dunks with a white swoosh and gum sole...

a solid color zip sweatshirt and maybe a beanie here and there...

im asking cause i havent even looked up the word hipster or even cared untill now

people in thier teens to 20s who generally listen to indie rock, hang out in coffee shops, shop at the thrift store and talk about things like books, music, films and art.

i found this.. when i heard hipster i automaticly thought about the guys that wear the bright pink shirts with a blazer and shit

yeah, the term has been diluted into having just about no meaning now. people that would fall under p0rcelain's definition scoff at other people and constantly say "fucking hipsters, ruiningr everything good in life", clueless magazine editors write off anyone in their 20's/early 30's that lives in an urban environment as a hipster, etc etc etc.

honestly though, why does any of it really matter?

Hipsters: people in thier teens to 20s who generally listen to indie rock, hang out in coffee shops, shop at the thrift store and talk about things like books, music, films and art.

111.jpg

Scenesters: Phony kids claiming to be apart of a scene. They lack the sincereity and will change when the trend is gone.

11.jpg

well for them its some kinda image that they want people to see cause they are famous...

the ones that i cant stand are the ones that used to be lil gang bangers then all the hyphy shit came out and then the bape sweathshirts with the zippers that go up the hoods and shit..

and all the bright color and shit..

i mean i got some shirts witha a little bit of bright colors but it aint no fucking fruity pebbles and shit...

check out Akomplice CLothing and Acrylic Clothing.. Illimite clothing.. just some basic kinda underground hip hop shit..some political shit..big L tribute shirts as well as J Dilla and shit

i really couldnt give a fuck what other people wear or what shitty music they are into.

a while ago the student magazine at my university tried to write a do's and don'ts column like VICE magazine, this group of half-witted journalism students thought that they had some authority on what other people should wear, it was completely fucking lame.