Crazy Australians. LOL!

DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

SYDNEY (AFP) - An Australian man allegedly used a restored army tank to destroy mobile phone towers on a rampage through Sydney early Saturday, police said.

Police said officers patrolling the western suburbs of Australian's largest city came across the privately-owned tank being used to destroy an electricity sub-station in the early hours of Saturday morning.

They followed the vehicle through several suburbs for 90 minutes as it smashed into mobile phone towers.

The low-speed pursuit, which police said averaged 30 kilometres (19 miles) an hour, finally arresting the driver after it stalled.

"The tank left a path of destruction in its wake, bringing down a number of mobile phone towers and relay sheds," New South Wales police said in a statement.

The 45-year-old driver was charged with a number of offices, including predatory driving, possessing a prohibited drug and using a weapon to avoid apprehension.

He will face a bail hearing later Saturday.

Police gave no reason why the man targeted mobile phone towers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuck yeah, cant find any flics yet...

A man was arrested and charged after an armoured personnel carrier (APC) was taken on a rampage in Sydney's western suburbs.

Mt Druitt police on patrol discovered the armoured vehicle destroying an electricity substation in Sterling Road, Minchinbury, at about 2am (AEST) today.

They followed the APC through several suburbs, including Mt Druitt, Dharruk, Emerton, Glendenning and Plumpton.

The APC left a path of destruction, bringing down a number of mobile phone towers and relay sheds, police said.

The pursuit ended in Dean Park after about 90 minutes, when the vehicle stalled as it was being driven towards another mobile phone tower.

Police arrested a Dharruk man and took him to Mt Druitt Police Station for questioning.

He was charged with breaking, entering and stealing, predatory driving, six counts of malicious damage, possession of a prohibited drug, using a weapon to avoid apprehension and driving in a dangerous manner.

The 45-year-old was refused bail and will appear in Parramatta Bail Court today.

AAP

That video was awesome!!

How many cops did they need to throw him in the paddywagon??

The news reporter said about it that the guy was calmly arrested while the guys were screaming in the background...

Once again you ozzy's just cant compare to our awesomness. When we have crazys taking tanks on joyrides they smash cars,houses, and drive up on the highway,stall on top of a wall in the middle of it and get shot in the face by cops. TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!

Once again you ozzy's just cant compare to our awesomness. When we have crazys taking tanks on joyrides they smash cars,houses, and drive up on the highway,stall on top of a wall in the middle of it and get shot in the face by cops. TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!

Yeah, I was surprised they arrested him because I remember seeing that video of that crazy fuck in America and he was just shot as soon as his tank gave out. Not saying shooting the dude is right, just thought that's basic crazy man in tank procedure.

Yeah, I was surprised they arrested him because I remember seeing that video of that crazy fuck in America and he was just shot as soon as his tank gave out. Not saying shooting the dude is right, just thought that's basic crazy man in tank procedure.

not saying shooting him was right???

what would you do if you were that cop? I'd have shot him ten times. I don't particularly like cops in most circumstances, but when some geeked out maniac with a tank in crushing everything in his path, i'm all for dropping 10-20 slugs in his face.

If that was my job to stop that dude, I'm not taking chances, f%#k that, I got a family to get home to.

Archived