CALIFORNIA

DA KID MERO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

up here in the bay.....surenos are mostly immigrants from mexican, el salvi, and come into SF and Oakland for the cheap housing and drug trade/construction jobs. they fight with nortes and with local black gangs, because many scraps are setting up shop in black neighborhoods especially in oakland...

In Socal...from what i have seen down there and talking to some people..almost everyone is Surenos southside but there alot of factions and they mostly just fight with eachother. i saw a gang fight between San Diego area scraps and Los Angeles scraps. you got so many different cities down there each one has its own x3 faction...there are no nortenos in southern cali so scraps just fight between themselves...

nortenos are mostly northern california locals, born and bred in northern cali and assimilated into gangs by older ones...you see one older norte surrounded by 4 or 5 young buck 15 year olds with shanks...of course theres exceptions but this seems to be the standard

as for black gangs, its definately more about hood and block....some sets rock red and blue but they are not strict crips or bloods, even down in LA crips and bloods be fuckin with eachother in the rap game and whatnot...theres alot of self proclaimed "crips" in northern cali in the rap game, ap9 tnutty hollow tip most from as far north as sacramento....the only bloods ive ever seen in the bay was in frisco when niggas were rockin the red tip dreads but that was more a block trip

you can generalize about gangs because theres so many exceptions...nortes shoot nortes..scraps shoot scraps...nothing is set in steel. blocks go to war all the time and theres always new kids taking up shop..theres so many new gangs in SF nowadays especially in the fillmore....Eddy block alone is split up into like 3 different groups...it used to be the KOP but all these young kids are crazy

I DONT KNOW, I NEED SOME WEST COAST NIGGAS TO CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME. WHERE IS THIS SHIT ANYWAY?

oh, that's in l.a. without a doubt... the trees and neighborhood style.

plus the sets they mentioned -- budlong, which is a street in l.a.

for more info http://www.streetgangs.com

this dude documented and listed every single blood and crip set in l.a... that was a huge task he completed. right now he's working on latino gangs in l.a., which will be even bigger/harder. he's originally from the bronx by the way.

a sureno told me that surenos are more assimilated into chicano culture and the style of speak, and nortenos and northern cali chicanos in general do the chicano culture as well, but tend to assimilate with black slang and culture. is this true?

yea thats pretty true....most nortenos here in SF assimilate with the black gangs. alot is connected with the rap game.

because nortenos dominate the bay area, local black rappers only do songs with nortenos....theres a huge "Black N Brown" collaboration in the bay, all Nortes rappers mixed with black rappers who shout out northern cali like Jackah, Guce, etc.... most nortenos i know do NOT act like your traditional chicano gangbanger...holmes or ese is not used up here...you will never see a nortenos with ben dickies on and a wifebeater, with tattoos on his scalp.

also, surenos in Norcal are different from those in Socal. up here scraps are real dirty lookin..almost all are immigrants and they definately do not dress like Lil Rob or your cookie cutter Los Angeles homie

From left to right: Sleepy, Flaco, Joker, ClownBoy and Dreamer

surenos in northern cali definately do not look like this....northern cali and southern cali are like two completely different worlds. the traditional homie style is restricted to LA and its surrounding counties

Nuestra Familia (Our Family) was organized in the Soledad, California Correctional Training Facility in 1968. Inmates were tired of the abuse and victimization at the hand of the Mexican Mafia. Most of the original members of the NF were from Northern California and Central California. As the NF and Mexican Mafia engaged in a bitter prison war, new prisoners from Northern California were recruited into the NF while Southern California inmates joined the Mexican Mafia. By the late 1970s, after numerous prison riots and murders, an official dividing point emerged between the gangs in Bakersfield, California. Footsoldiers of the gang living outside of the prison are typically called Norteños (Northerners in Spanish).

then merged into the cities of salinas then gilroy and then moved to more hardcore facilities up north...

But before all this they were farm workers trying to feed thier families but were hated on becasue they were from a diffrent part of mexico and didnt want to be told what to do by the mexicans that were already there

By late 1971 the Avalon Garden Crips and the Inglewood Crips joined forces with the other crip sets. The Crips began to expand to non-Crip gang territories. The L.A. Brims which began in 1969 on the Westside were a powerful street gang, but they were not Crips, and the Blood alliance had not been established. Several gangs which eventually became part of the Blood family had already existed though.

There were also the Piru Street Boys in Compton, the Bishops, Athens Park Boys and the Denver Lanes. The Pirus, which are Bloods now, actually hung out with the Crips prior to 1972. For a short time they were known as the Piru Street Crips, and they also wore the traditional blue rags (bandana) as part of their attire.

During the summer of 1972, the Crips from Compton, and the Pirus had a conflict, and an all out rumble ensued. The Pirus were out numbered, and the Crips prevailed. The Pirus wanted to terminate peaceful relations with the Crips so they turned to the Lueders Park Hustlers for back-up. They agreed and a meeting was called on Piru Street. The Crips had murdered an L.A. Brim member earlier that year, so the Pirus asked the Brims to attend the meeting too. Others that attended were the Denver Lanes, and the Bishops1.

How to combat Crip intimidation was discussed along with the creation of a new alliance to counter the Crips. At that time the color of bandannas was not important, but since the Crips were known to wear blue bandanas, the Pirus and the other groups decided to discontinue the wearing of blue bandannas. They decided to take on the wearing of an opposite color, red, and created a united organization which later became known as the Bloods. The Pirus, Brims, Athens Park Boys, and Pueblos decided to unite with the Bloods, and soon after, other groups who had been threatened or attacked by Crips joined the Bloods.

Development

The United Blood Nation, simply called the Bloods, formed in 1993, within the New York City jail system on Rikers Island's GMDC (George Mochen Detention Center), sometimes called C-73. GMDC was used to segregate problem inmates from the rest of the detention center. Prior to this time period, the Latin Kings were the most prevalent and organized gang in the NYC jail system. The Latin Kings, with mostly Hispanic members, were targeting African American inmates with violence. These African American inmates, organized by some of the more violent and charismatic inmates, formed a protection group which they called the United Blood Nation. This United Blood Nation, which was actually a prison gang, was emulating the Bloods street gangs in Los Angeles, California. Several of the leaders of this recently created prison gang formed eight original Blood sets to recruit in their neighborhoods across New York City. These original sets were: Mad Stone Villains (MSV), Valentine Bloods (VB), Nine Trey Gangsters (NTG), Gangster Killer Bloods (GKB), One Eight Trey (183) Bloods, Hit Squad Brims (HSB), Blood Stone Villains (BSV) and Sex, Money and Murder (SMM).

By 1996, thousands of members of the Blood street gang were establishing themselves as a formidable force among gangs and continued a steady drive for recruitment. At this time, the bloods were more violent than other gangs but much less organized. Numerous slashings (razor blade or knife attacks) were reported during robberies and discovered to be initiations into the Bloods. This Blood in ritual became the trademark for the Bloods. Bloods recruited throughout the East Coast and began spreading their drug networks rapidly. Blood gangs can be found in the New York City area, Upper New York State, New Jersey, Baltimore, Hagerstown, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Connecticut to name a few.

Recently, Blood gangs have become a favorite target of Law Enforcement because of their connection to violence. Bloods will commit violence against other Blood sets and there is no direct Regional or National leadership or connections. According to some sources, East Coast Bloods and West Coast Bloods conducted a series of meetings in 1999 and formed the United Blood Nation as a way to align all Blood gangs as one Nation for the purposes of power and unity. This alleged unification resulted in the Bloods referring to themselves as Damu, a Swahili word synonymous for Blood.

Bloods refer to each other as Dawg (DOGS). They will burn an upside down triangular shape, looking like a dog paw, on their upper arm. The three circular burns, usually from a cigarette, can be found on a member of the bloods. Some Bloods will have a tattoo of a dog, usually a bulldog, like the Mack Truck logo. Bloods will also use the acronym M.O.B. (Member of Blood or Money Over Bitches) to identify themselves. This can be seen as a burn scar or sometimes a tattoo. The Bloods have recently, in the year 2000, become more involved and connected to their People Nation affiliation.

the only thing i dont like about cali is when fake thugs or guys that try or want to be thugs go to tourist areas like the warf in monterey and then try to mean mug and shit...then do there little wanna be gang sign and then try to yell something.. i have gotten into numerous fights because of these assholes simply cause i have to open my big mouth when it comes to stupidity

surenos in northern cali definately do not look like this....northern cali and southern cali are like two completely different worlds. the traditional homie style is restricted to LA and its surrounding counties

hit the nail on the head. im about 2 hours south of you and we'll get the occasional "classic" sureno, but you only see him once. it's like walking around with a giant bulls eye on you..might as well just walk to iraq with an american flag cape.

hahahah u can allways recognize a sureno hahaha

just look for the way over sized huge pants with the way too big nasty light brown looking lugs and a super large like shit brown shirt and a grayish or blue sweatshirt on witha backwards L.A. hat ahahahahaha

Now let me welcome everybody to the wild, wild west

A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

The track hits ya eardrum like a slug to ya chest

Pack a vest for your Jimmy in the city of sex

We in that sunshine state with a bomb ass hemp beat

the state where ya never find a dance floor empty

And pimps be on a mission for them greens

lean mean money-makin-machines servin fiends

I been in the game for ten years makin rap tunes

ever since honeys was wearin sassoon

Now it's '95 and they clock me and watch me

Diamonds shinin lookin like I robbed Liberace

It's all good, from Diego to tha Bay

Your city is tha bomb if your city makin pay

Throw up a finger if ya feel the same way

Dre puttin it down for

Californ-i-a

Now let me welcome everybody to the wild, wild west

A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

The track hits ya eardrum like a slug to ya chest

Pack a vest for your Jimmy in the city of sex

We in that sunshine state with a bomb ass hemp beat

the state where ya never find a dance floor empty

And pimps be on a mission for them greens

lean mean money-makin-machines servin fiends

I been in the game for ten years makin rap tunes

ever since honeys was wearin sassoon

Now it's '95 and they clock me and watch me

Diamonds shinin lookin like I robbed Liberace

It's all good, from Diego to tha Bay

Your city is tha bomb if your city makin pay

Throw up a finger if ya feel the same way

Dre puttin it down for

Californ-i-a

I play this song at shows...as well as o0o0o0o0o0o00o baby I like it raaaw o0o0o0o0o0 babi I like it rAaAaAaAWWWW!!!!

yea alot of nortes like to believe the bay area is the hardest but the craziest norte cities are central cali...starting from san jose all the way down. cinco de mayo in san jose is like a nortenos parade.... up here scraps wear clothes from Ross and cheap puff jackets, exactly like porcelein said...lugz, la hats, cheap ass hoodies and north carolina jerseys...down in the south its mostly the all blue dodger fits, khakis..tattoos on the scalp and black sunglasses...when i was in rosaritos it was like a scrap free for all down there...there was scraps everywhere and they were all fucking each other up, SD vs LA vs San Fernando....it was nice watching them all kill eachother though

oh, that's in l.a. without a doubt... the trees and neighborhood style.

plus the sets they mentioned -- budlong, which is a street in l.a.

for more info http://www.streetgangs.com

this dude documented and listed every single blood and crip set in l.a... that was a huge task he completed. right now he's working on latino gangs in l.a., which will be even bigger/harder. he's originally from the bronx by the way.

Inglewood is bad, but Watts n a few other hoods ar teh worst