the white rapper show (vh1)

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you fuckin serious? james yancey.. jay dee... dilla.. the greatest hip hop producer period.

DOG, I LIKE JAYDEE AS MUCH AS THE NEXT MAN, BUT THAT NIGGA IS NOT THE BEST HIPHOP PRODUCER EVER. I CAN NAME LIKE 10 BETTER...ALSO, NIGGAS WASNT EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS DUDE BEFORE HE DIED. SLUM VILLAGE? YEAH THEM NIGGAS WERE DOIN NUMBERS! :rolleyes: NIGGA PROLLY FAKED HIS OWN DEATH.

BUT YO THE NIGGAS THEY WERE BATTLING WERE TRAAAAAAASSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!! ALMOST AS BAD AS THEM, IS RAP IN DETROIT REALLY THAT GARBAGE?

yeah for real, but i think the dudes in Detroit only went as far as they had to to match em. like if the rappers came with some ill shit, the dudes in Detroit woulda brought out the heavier amo. but for real, i'd like to see them go to Blowed and battle on some west coast shit. and if people dont already know about the Blowed, it's probably to late to catch on. but those vh1 heads know, they aint dumb. or are they?

shamrock shouldnt have won. sure they all sucked, but as bullshit as john browns ghetto revival stunt was, he had the most potential. he didnt choke in detroit, he came with an original concept, and he spit clean. fuckin bootsy, on with the next one.

ohh, and detroit got heat, frank & dank, guilty simpson, slum villa, J dilla, phat kat.

if you dont already know, study up. guilty simpson is raw....

"....i dont write raps for free,

if i did i wont make it like Shaq from 3..."

"... if i was any hotta, i'd drink straight vodka,

spit out flames and piss lava..."

"niggas got snow like cold cold weather,

and big money clips cuz it fold dough better..."

• 4 weeks later...

Format: Do you really want to find the next white rapper or is this purely entertainment?

MC Serch: You know what, we received 10,000 submissions [and] there was a lot of reviewing and scrutinizing. We picked the group based on what they were doing and their potential; people who were putting out mixtapes and grinding on their own. I think this is a good showcase for the first time around of a talent pool. I’m not saying they are all equal, but we needed a range. Some of these people are now getting over 100,000 hits on MySpace and yeah, being on VH1 every week helps, but there seems to be a keen interest. Whether or not this is a hip-hop American Idol, I don’t think so. We didn’t start out thinking this would be an Idol-type show, but the response has been tremendous. I get e-mails from people telling me Persia is the truth and they only listen to her music now. Honestly, it was really just a show about white rappers and us testing them on how much they know. As the show has gone on, I have been seeing interest from major labels and some big name producers. I also get a ton of e-mail from people saying that the show is garbage and they want to show everyone what’s up. We have joked that if there is a season two, it’s going to be the revenge of the white rapper.

Format: So is there a season two?

MC Serch: We don’t know right now. We have found our audience and seen consistent growth in the audience, but no word as to whether or not there will be another season. I hope so!

Format: Some of the characters on your show seem extra-clownish, John Brown in particular. The first episode where he delved into the ins and outs of the ghetto revival is truly classic reality television. Were most of the people you auditioned for the show of his ilk or did you make sure you got the most ridiculous people?

MC Serch: All the people on the show are 100 percent real. Obviously we picked people who are characters, but we didn’t tell them to act a certain way. As we all know, hip-hop speaks to people on different levels; a rapper like 100 Proof – Rakim speaks to him. Persia is someone more moved by Mobb Deep and more acclimated to an urban environment. John Brown is motivated by the entity of it. He doesn’t see Jay-Z as a rapper, but rather a business, however, John misses the point that you and I get, which is that Jay-Z had to be the best rapper to get where he is now. I must say, though, despite all of John’s antics, when it’s time for him to step up, he does. In the two challenges he’s done so far, he’s performed really well. When he had to memorize and recite, he came with heat. He has definitely shown himself to be worthy of being in the house. Don’t get me wrong, the whole ghetto revival shit is ridiculous. When Lord Jamar came on the show he called John out and was like, “What the fuck are you talking about?” But he has shown and proved which is what this show is all about.

Format: Do you find your career coming full circle with G-Child citing Vanilla Ice as her biggest influence? Fifteen years ago you dedicated an entire song and video to him.

MC Serch: I always knew based on his popularity that there were gonna be people down the road who were going to cite him as an influence and were heavily moved by him. When you have a history of success at any level in something that exists for the public to consume, you are gonna be engaged by at least someone. G- Child knew what the history was between me and old dude, and she chose to be like “That’s my peoples.” I respected her for that and I found it very endearing that she had such love for him.

“Don’t get me wrong, the whole ghetto revival shit is ridiculous. When Lord Jamar came on the show he called John out and was like, “What the fuck are you talking about?”"

mc serch on the white rappers show

taken from format´s site...

white_rapper_wideweb__470x312,2.jpg

IMG_7878_polaroid.jpg

• 1 month later...

after watching this show i am ashamed to be white..

Gliko please go find these guys and smack them upside the head, especially that cornball from LA.