Pan's Labyrinth.

MAR

I dont know how many of you are into foreign flicks but i highly suggest pan's labrynth. It was directed by Guillermo Del Toro the director of hellboy and a few other spanish films. Id write my own synopsis but it wouldnt do the film justice so read the one on the movie's website. http://www.panslabyrinth.com/

The only catch is its only going to be playing in select theaters as these films often do. You can do what i did, and download it from bit torrent, or try to find a theater.

Whatever you do I highly suggest you see it. It was really something, very impressive.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
looks good, but hellboy and blade 2? cmon...those movies are so cookie cutter i have little hope for this one

It's actually very good..If you've ever seen his earlier movie, The Devil's Backbone, it's

a little more like that one..As for those other two, he did have to stay true to the source material,

and I'm pretty sure he didn't write those scripts.Just try and see a spanish-language version, though

I hear that the english dubbed one is terrible.

This torrent's been out for a few months..

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/890896/Pan_s_Labyrinth_2006_LiMiTED_SUBBED_DVDScreener_KVCD_by_Brady_TUS_Release

• 1 month later...

This was fucking fantastic. It starts off OK, then it gets good, then VERY good, and finally ends just fucking perfectly.

It's really one of those "perfect" films, and I don't mean that it doesn't have flaws, but that it's a complete and satisfying movie experience that totally achieves everything it aims for. Definitely a film that deserves a spot among classics.

This was fucking fantastic. It starts off OK, then it gets good, then VERY good, and finally ends just fucking perfectly.

Yeah, it's REALLY well done. I couldn't stop recommending it to eveyone I saw for about 3 days...

The weirdest thing was that I recognized that monster with the eyeball hands. I don't mean that I knew it was the same dude as Pan but that I actually recognized it from somewhere in the back of my mind. I still cant figure out where I know it from.

Anyway, great movie, my dyslexic friend said he hadn't realized he was gonna have to read the whole movie but afterwards he said it was never even a problem for him (and he can't say much more than 'taco' in spanish, either).

Saw this last night, thought it was great. Depressing as hell, but still great. I wanted the Pale Man scene to last longer, since he was awesome, but that wouldn't have worked. My only complaint was the overuse of panning off to the side, like a rock or bookcase, and then the other side is a completely different scene. He overdid that way too much.

A great movie though, highly reccomended.

Archived