Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abracadabra

old actors need to either die, retire, or enter politics

almost every single type of film has been done...this is why they make sequels...cause they cant come up with new ideas.....and they especially make sequels if the original movie did well at the box office.

for example...think of a horror movie that hasnt been done...

shark (jaws), bats (bats), phsyco killers (michael myers/jason voorhies), death (final destination), dolls (childs play/puppetmasters)....everything has been done!...

this is just one genre!

How the hell can you hate on Diehard?

If you don't like how we do it in America then get out.

bruce willis is my dad's age. my dad is not a fuckin action hero, how am i supposed to believe bruce willis is?

If they decide to continue the trend with the Terminator movies, Arnold will be kickin robot ass at age 60 in T4

um...rambo had guns but the other two didn't?

Like I said...

Although 'Stop or My Mom Will Shoot' did show his range as an actor..

Actually, yes, there is a new Rambo coming out in 2008.

This Die Hard is gonna be directed by the dude who did Underworld. That's just weird. "Yippekayay, you dark fiend!"

This is why I rarely, if ever, go to the movies. It's all shit.

Every time a new horror movie comes out they give it the claim of the scariest movie you'll ever see. I haven't seen a scarey movie since I saw Last House on the Left... the original, in the theater. (Yes, I'm that old)

I've grown tired of re-makes as well. Why mess with an original that was incredible to begin with? If I hear they're re-making To Kill a Mockingbird or 12 Angry Men... I'm going to Hollywood and burn that place down.

This is why I rarely, if ever, go to the movies. It's all shit.

Every time a new horror movie comes out they give it the claim of the scariest movie you'll ever see. I haven't seen a scarey movie since I saw Last House on the Left... the original, in the theater. (Yes, I'm that old)

I've grown tired of re-makes as well. Why mess with an original that was incredible to begin with? If I hear they're re-making To Kill a Mockingbird or 12 Angry Men... I'm going to Hollywood and burn that place down.

Last House is disturging... The remakes fall short on so many levels...

To Kill A Mockingbird... GREAT movie..

almost every single type of film has been done...this is why they make sequels...cause they cant come up with new ideas.....and they especially make sequels if the original movie did well at the box office.

for example...think of a horror movie that hasnt been done...

shark (jaws), bats (bats), phsyco killers (michael myers/jason voorhies), death (final destination), dolls (childs play/puppetmasters)....everything has been done!...

this is just one genre!

And hollywood movies suck ass because people can't think out of the genres.

If you want to make a good movie you need people who want to tell stories on film. Not people who want to make blockbuster movies.

think about taxi driver. what "genre" is it really... was there a "bus driver" coming out from another company so they had to think of something to compete within a genre? Pulp Fiction... I hate Titanic but it was well made, and Cameron probably wanted to tell the story and knew how to do it.

Maybe good horror movies are done by people who HATE the target audience, not by people who want to "scare" it

etc.

There's millions of stories (see: books) out there just waiting to be turned into epic flicks; sadly it's not 1970 and America lacks the attention span for Kubrick-style (as an example) films.

I'm not saying every movie should be like that, not by a long stretch; but it'd be nice if there were more than one movie a year that went above and beyond the call of Hollywood blockbuster.

Shit, even the better movies (Departed, etc...) can't hold a candle to the types of flicks that were being released on the regular some 30-odd years ago.

And hollywood movies suck ass because people can't think out of the genres.

If you want to make a good movie you need people who want to tell stories on film. Not people who want to make blockbuster movies.

think about taxi driver. what "genre" is it really... was there a "bus driver" coming out from another company so they had to think of something to compete within a genre? Pulp Fiction... I hate Titanic but it was well made, and Cameron probably wanted to tell the story and knew how to do it.

Maybe good horror movies are done by people who HATE the target audience, not by people who want to "scare" it

etc.

I didn't even read this before posting - I agree.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now