rest in peace - TOWER RECORDS is out of business

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fuck i haven't read any of the entirity of this thread I get the jist from the title, but like the first few responses were about that's where you do your graff mag buying. Fuck that I'm probably the reason they went outta biz Graphotism Vol 9-?? all free thanks to good ol TR. Not to mention countless others. I have two "towers" of mags that are just about as tall as my shiter; which they're next to. Unfortunately they get pissed on by drunken me every now and then, that's why the European mags go on top to act as a piss catcher. !GINZ!

I had stacks of graffiti magazines almost up to my waist; no kidding. Also, courtesy of Tower, I had handgun, cannabis, and Playboy newsstand specials in equally high stacks. CDs and books were also in the mix. I was giving shit away, just like my paint and markers. Racking was a lot more fun than "painting".

Cops took it all, though.

WORD FROM THE FRONT LINES

So i came back from tower a little while ago in (blank).

Music if 10% off

Books 20% off

Mags 30% off

yeah, there was a lot of people in there buying stuff but they need to price that shit a lot more "discounty" if they expect to move all that merch by the end of the month. I think the time to go for mags and books would be around the last week. I predict they'll be giving stuff away by then.

Yeh word, I went in there thinking it was gonna be an ill liquidation sale. Like when Musicland went bankrupt, Coconuts had a decent dvd sale.

10% off aint shit, 3 dollars off a 30 dollar dvd is bullshit when you can buy the same dvd for 20 at Best Buy.

I did get a few *American* graff mags, they counted Supreme Quality as a magazine and I got the 30% discount, some nice old NY flicks in there. I haven't looked in the other magazines.

Guest spectr

man i remember when tower moved over by fenway it was so much easier to rack from there.. glad virgin is going out of business though..

10% off aint shit,

don't bother going to the sale until the last days. they won't make any real reductions until it gets near the end. they're trying to recoup as much as they can, so you gotta wait till they're getting desperate before you'll see any real savings

Cool store, I went to one in Chicago once and bought a few mags , Clout being one of them.

On the 'Euro graff' tip.. Clearly anyone truly interested in graffiti wouldnt write off an entire continent due to a few differences in stylistic opinion.

i think thats because most americans dont feel the need to tell the difference between spainish graffiti and german graffiti. where as europeans want to be able to tell the difference with ny vs cali styles. since i havent been to europe yet i wish i knew the major difference between the countries styles. there needs to be more european books published. i have a hard enough time getting wanted or style file on a regular basis.

I think every book at Tower was European. They're great, got a bunch of European graff and American graff. One of them is a Polish-produced magazine and it's awesome, the translations are great. The guy talks about going to NYC and waiting to meet up with NOSM and how he was surrounded by black people who were all bigger than him and how he was scared, heh.

rip...

even though i got sick of seeing those euro-mags anyway.

tower never pushed the domestics.

and the prices were way too high. I tried to buy another copy of Appetite for Destruction yesterday and that shit was tagged $18.99!

$18.99??? for a 19 year old album? fuck that...

They don't make Can Control any more.

If I could afford to waste money on an almost certainly profitless venture, I would turn some of my 5,000 graffiti flicks into a magazine. Maybe someday.

if you really want to do this, i got a print hook up in asia

as an "european" Ive read only WYWS and Beautiful Decay, which don't qualify as graff mags for me cause there's so much other shit thrown in. But they're not bad. I'm sure wyws was better "back in the day"

B/D Has a good attitude, but it's sad they don't have flicks enough at all. Last time I checked, they had pretty much street art and "designer" stuff. Like spreads of illustrations by people with more or less street credits... Not bad but that's so much more boring than streaks on freight trains, and I'm not even supposed to like that shit cause it's not subway from the old continent

rip...

even though i got sick of seeing those euro-mags anyway.

tower never pushed the domestics.

and the prices were way too high. I tried to buy another copy of Appetite for Destruction yesterday and that shit was tagged $18.99!

$18.99??? for a 19 year old album? fuck that...

mp3search.ru

it will reroute you to the new site,, here youll find full albums for pennies...

Archived