Wisdom teeth

brick top

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting mine out was the most hellish experience of my life. I tried to man it out and take the needle anesthetic instead of being put to sleep, and it was like a nightmare. The smell of burning teeth, the taste of sickly sweet blood rushing down my throat, the excruciating pain of feeling my jaw bone bend and crack. I was seriously concerned that my dentist had no clue what he was doing. Then the enormous swelling and pain that lasted for like a week afterwards, constantly spitting up blood and unable to talk. Plus I had a cold at the same time which made it doubly horrible. They only took out two as well, and i swore that I wouldn't get the other two taken out. It's been like 3 years since and I can't even feel them.

That was just my experience, which I think is rather untypical. My brother for example got his taken out and was eating lamb chops that same night.

Either way have fun!

I don't even really get needles anymore, my dentist puts this shit he has on something that resembles a q-tip it sits in my mouth for about a minute or two, and it numbs everything around it right up real quick.

The wisdom teeth on the right side of my mouth are coming in now, I hope I don't have to get them pulled, but at the moment they're hurting like a bitch, and I have this cut going up the back of the gums on my right side.

Not too bad yet tho, we'll see.

How were they removed? Cut out or pulled out?

I had all four of mine cut out, as they were still under the gum, but on their way up. I was given gas, the shots, and then I woke up with a mouth full of gauze. The gums were stitched back after the teeth were extracted, so eating anything solid was out of the question. A few days later, I decided I'd eat sushi.

• 1 month later...

Didint want to post a a new thread so dug this shit up.

i think i prolly said this before like around june or july...

but got my wisdom teeth out today..

the nitrous was fucking dope..

i like took the little hose off my nose when they left the room and put it over my mouth and just in haled the fuck out of it..

then i almost like passed out.. shit as dope..

then when the doctor started giving me the IV..he was like itll take about 2 mins.

by liek 15 seconds i was out.

the next thing i knew the motor of the chair was moving up and i was awake. and they were like all done.

i tried to stand up and i got yelled at..

then some bomb ass assitant helped me to the car..

all four teeth are gone now

got some vicodin.

with a refill.

over all not that bad..

ive only taked one pill.. no theres basicly no paint to this.

my botton jaw is still numb he told me that it takes like 14 hours to go away.. shit sucks..

i cant eat cause i cant feel my toungue por my teeth.

thats the only bad part

so any comment?

i get all 4 out this thursday

like homie above, those fucks gotta knock me the fuck out. no way im goin out like dude above while my no nothing cheap ass dentist yanks, cuts, and drills out my big ass, mis-shaped teeth.

Im makin them gimme mine back though

just got mine out today, all 4

couldnt have gone smoother, doc knocked me out with a 2 piece, and cut them bitches out. bastard wouldnt let me keep'em though, fuckin OSHA regulations....

so now Im sittin on 40 vics and my shit dont even hurt, and My teeth immediately started shifting with the new found room.

all the negative hype about getting these things out = bunch of hype

just got mine out today, all 4

all the negative hype about getting these things out = bunch of hype

lucky you. but my experience wasnt a bunch of hype. i didnt have the luxury of being put to sleep. and i could feel when they yanked out the right side, after several doses of novacane. shit was not cool. not only did i scream my eye right started crying. not to mention that even when you are AWAKE, you can feel the pressure and hear them pressing up against your teeth and loosening that shit and the grind. its a nasty experience and afterwards i didnt get any meds. guess i had a shitty dentist. or something.

just because you had a great experience, doesnt mean the rest of us were so lucky

just because you had a great experience, doesnt mean the rest of us were so lucky

I feel that, but why wouldnt you get put to sleep?

if you dont got insurance I can understand. Thats why I didnt fuck with these teeth til I got a job with dental, I just waited, and it was worth it.

and I truly gotta say people: if you got dental, take your time and find a g status dentist. I was in and out in less than 1hr, and didnt even ask for a script they just gave it to me, and they had their own pharmacy. 40 vics for $15 and I had to pay a $68 deposit for the whole thing, insurance covered the rest. lovely.

I feel that, but why wouldnt you get put to sleep?

i had insurance. the dentist was actually pretty good all other times before that. he knew i had a fear of dentists and needles and always worked with me in making me feel okay. i didnt go to the orthodontist though he said he could do it easy since they weren't impacted he didnt need to put me to sleep.

it wouldnt had been so bad if i hadnt felt him remove the one side. but still just being up for the entire procedure was not the best feeling like i said before.

• 7 months later...

Archived