15 years for Katrina Looters

SpyD

neworleansguy.jpg

Three people convicted of looting a liquor store in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina last year were given the harshest sentence possible in a Louisiana court on Wednesday.

The three were convicted on May 2 of stealing 27 bottles of wine and liquor, six cases of beer and a case of wine coolers over the course of a week after the storm first hit.

Coralnelle Little, Rhonda McGowen, and Paul C. Pearson, all of Kenner, La., received 15-year sentences. The district judge said he wanted to send a message with the sentences.

Pearson's lawyer called the sentences "excessive" and said he would appeal.

Attorneys for the trio had argued for a new trial on grounds that the state’s looting law was unconstitutional.

The looting statute, which carries a minimum sentence of three years, took effect just two weeks before Katrina battered the U.S. Gulf Coast.

damn, thats harsh for niggas just tryin to get they swerve on in times of peril. I could see if they were stealin war secrets or somthing

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wrong section.... crossfire...

threads in crossfire seem way too boring there though...

thats quite a harsh sentence for looting for beer.... however it was a time of crisis and maybe the ignorance of such acts would qualify for one...

also... walmart had truckfulls of water ready to give to all those people' date=' but the military refused them.[/quote']

wal-mart and various other companies around the u.s. donated alot of shit to katrina victims.

it wasn't the military who turned them away, it was the people who are supposed to help.

FEMA

this should make anyone with a soul cry.

http://www.infowars.com/video/clips/news/Meet-the-Press-Broussard.mov

that beer would propbaby still be sitting there in the store today, 15 years is a bit fucking exorbitant isn't it? its not like they masterminded a genius criminal plan, they didn't hurt anyone, they stole a few drinks. if my house was swamped in shitwater and i was stuck there indefinately, you can bet that i would be looting the shit out of liquor stores.

what about the thousands of people that died in the aftermath of katrina due to beaurocratic negligence. what a crock of shit, that is american injustice system for you.

• 2 weeks later...
that beer would propbaby still be sitting there in the store today, 15 years is a bit fucking exorbitant isn't it? its not like they masterminded a genius criminal plan, they didn't hurt anyone, they stole a few drinks. if my house was swamped in shitwater and i was stuck there indefinately, you can bet that i would be looting the shit out of liquor stores.

what about the thousands of people that died in the aftermath of katrina due to beaurocratic negligence. what a crock of shit, that is american injustice system for you.

i was actually down there helping people rebuild houses, and this one gu was talki ng about how he was trapped on his roof with his son watching bodies and body parts float by.

wat fema is doing down there is giving out trailers to families. they can keep them for, i think, 16 months after the huricane. even if they get it 12 months after it occurs, they only have it for four months, then they have the coice of either giving it back or buying it off of them. which is fucked up. these people obviously need their money to rebuild their houses. a family of five cant live in one of those trailers very long.

even though wal mart is fucked up and everything, they were probably the biggest help, even before the hurricane hit, they were bringing wood down and building more stores down there. they watch hurricanes and stuff and know where they will hit and send supplies in advance. i dont know what to think of wal mart.

if they jack boot thugs didnt take my guns' date=' and i lived in NO, and dudes were trying to STEAL my shit, they would all be shot dead, on site.[/quote']

Actually if it WERE your store you most likely would have had the money and means to flee before the storm(so you wouldn't have been there to be shootin niggas), and the insurance to cover the loss of the beer that is either gonna go bad or get looted. If you WERE there you most likeley wouldn't be the type with the money to own a store to begin with. In fact if you were there YOU would have been looting shit too. Maybe not TV's and shit but at least food and water. Myself being an alchoholic, I can vouche that beer is on the same necessity level as food. Even more so in a time of crisis like that. If I were the owner I'd personally rather see the shit get put to use than go to waste anyways. Come on man, be real.

Actually if it WERE your store you most likely would have had the money and means to flee before the storm(so you wouldn't have been there to be shootin niggas)' date=' and the insurance to cover the loss of the beer that is either gonna go bad or get looted. If you WERE there you most likeley wouldn't be the type with the money to own a store to begin with. In fact if you were there YOU would have been looting shit too. Maybe not TV's and shit but at least food and water. Myself being an alchoholic, I can vouche that beer is on the same necessity level as food. Even more so in a time of crisis like that. If I were the owner I'd personally rather see the shit get put to use than go to waste anyways. Come on man, be real.[/quote']

na, i'd be shooting people.

but seriously, i dont even want to hear it... during a crisis, if people have the 'right' to loot, i have the 'right' to shoot on site if my property is being invaded. if store owners were opening their doors and giving stuff away... thats fine.

Archived