Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SpyD

15 years for Katrina Looters

neworleansguy.jpg

Three people convicted of looting a liquor store in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina last year were given the harshest sentence possible in a Louisiana court on Wednesday.

The three were convicted on May 2 of stealing 27 bottles of wine and liquor, six cases of beer and a case of wine coolers over the course of a week after the storm first hit.

Coralnelle Little, Rhonda McGowen, and Paul C. Pearson, all of Kenner, La., received 15-year sentences. The district judge said he wanted to send a message with the sentences.

Pearson's lawyer called the sentences "excessive" and said he would appeal.

Attorneys for the trio had argued for a new trial on grounds that the state’s looting law was unconstitutional.

The looting statute, which carries a minimum sentence of three years, took effect just two weeks before Katrina battered the U.S. Gulf Coast.

damn, thats harsh for niggas just tryin to get they swerve on in times of peril. I could see if they were stealin war secrets or somthing

wrong section.... crossfire...

threads in crossfire seem way too boring there though...

thats quite a harsh sentence for looting for beer.... however it was a time of crisis and maybe the ignorance of such acts would qualify for one...

well, i'll attempt to up response quality with a move to crossfire.

maybe we'll get some warm bodies in there

Yea and heard theyre was like. Aliens and shit ready to come help us but bush was all like "MarKlar,lets the niggers die." And then the world imploded.

also... walmart had truckfulls of water ready to give to all those people' date=' but the military refused them.[/quote']

wal-mart and various other companies around the u.s. donated alot of shit to katrina victims.

it wasn't the military who turned them away, it was the people who are supposed to help.

FEMA

this should make anyone with a soul cry.

http://www.infowars.com/video/clips/news/Meet-the-Press-Broussard.mov

Guest spectr

its fucked up but no suprise.

2 weeks before Katrina? how convenient.

Military refused? why would they?

15 years? for that? please.

what else is new.

that beer would propbaby still be sitting there in the store today, 15 years is a bit fucking exorbitant isn't it? its not like they masterminded a genius criminal plan, they didn't hurt anyone, they stole a few drinks. if my house was swamped in shitwater and i was stuck there indefinately, you can bet that i would be looting the shit out of liquor stores.

what about the thousands of people that died in the aftermath of katrina due to beaurocratic negligence. what a crock of shit, that is american injustice system for you.

if they jack boot thugs didnt take my guns, and i lived in NO, and dudes were trying to STEAL my shit, they would all be shot dead, on site.

neworleansguy.jpg

damn, thats harsh for niggas just tryin to get they swerve on in times of peril. I could see if they were stealin war secrets or somthing

I blame it on Rodney King! FREE MUMIA! WEWEESE BWIAN!

i heard on the news one of these dudes actually got hired by the store he looted from after the fact ...

15 years is insanity.

that beer would propbaby still be sitting there in the store today, 15 years is a bit fucking exorbitant isn't it? its not like they masterminded a genius criminal plan, they didn't hurt anyone, they stole a few drinks. if my house was swamped in shitwater and i was stuck there indefinately, you can bet that i would be looting the shit out of liquor stores.

what about the thousands of people that died in the aftermath of katrina due to beaurocratic negligence. what a crock of shit, that is american injustice system for you.

i was actually down there helping people rebuild houses, and this one gu was talki ng about how he was trapped on his roof with his son watching bodies and body parts float by.

wat fema is doing down there is giving out trailers to families. they can keep them for, i think, 16 months after the huricane. even if they get it 12 months after it occurs, they only have it for four months, then they have the coice of either giving it back or buying it off of them. which is fucked up. these people obviously need their money to rebuild their houses. a family of five cant live in one of those trailers very long.

even though wal mart is fucked up and everything, they were probably the biggest help, even before the hurricane hit, they were bringing wood down and building more stores down there. they watch hurricanes and stuff and know where they will hit and send supplies in advance. i dont know what to think of wal mart.

i i dont know what to think of wal mart.

watch The High Cost of Low Prices and then tell me what you think of Wal-Mart. helping out fellow humans in need is what everybody should be doing anyway.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now