3-year-old hospitalized after eating candy laced with LSD

saraday

Quote:

Originally Posted by transparentLMA

a lot of people in here are scientists

Your wrong hashassian all of us on here are scientists IF YOUR NOT ONE OF US I SUGGEST YOU MOVE ALONG!!!

golden.

dear mr.scientist,

you are is contracted as "you're"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Dee, I'm not clear on whether that was supposed to be mushroom or mescaline tea, but either way, those are both natural hallucinogens akin to the base ingredient in acid. It's funny that a cartoon is able to do a better job of portraying the effects of these drugs than the thousands of movies and television shows that have tried.

It should be noted that not everyone who uses acid ends up brainfucked. One of the smartest friends I have used to eat shitloads of it back in the day, and is now at Harvard Medical. My parents also used it in the sixties and seventies, and both went on to recieve PHDs and hold respected positions at Universities.

Tim Leary was for the most part, responsible for the outbreak in recreational use in America. My dates were off a bit.. but this is in part what happened.

On May 13, 1957, Life Magazine published an article by R. Gordon Wasson that documented (and popularized) the use of entheogens in the religious ceremony of the indigenous Mazatec people of Mexico. Frank Barron, a colleague of Leary's, had recently taken the psychedelic, Psilocybe mexicana during a trip to Mexico, and shared the experience with Leary. In the winter of 1959, Leary traveled to Mexico with Barron and tried psilocybin mushrooms for the first time, an experience that drastically altered the course of his life. Leary later commented that eight hours on mushrooms had taught him more about the mind and consciousness than fifteen years of clinical psychology research. Upon his return to Harvard in 1960, Leary and his associates, notably Richard Alpert (later known as Ram Dass), began the Harvard Psilocybin Project conducting research into the effects of psilocybin (with a synthesized version of the mushroom produced by Sandoz) and later LSD, with graduate students.

Leary argued that LSD, used with the right dosage, set and setting, and with the guidance of professionals, could alter behavior in unprecedented and beneficial ways. His experiments produced no murders, suicides, psychoses, and no bad trips. The goals of Leary's research included finding better ways to treat alcoholism and to reform convicted criminals. Many of Leary's research participants reported profound mystical and spiritual experiences, which they claim permanently altered their lives in a very positive manner.

Leary and Alpert were dismissed from Harvard in 1963. Leary was fired for not showing up to his classes while Alpert was fired for giving psilocybin to an undergraduate in an off campus apartment. Their colleagues were uneasy about the nature of their research, and some parents complained to the university administration about the distribution of hallucinogens to their students. To further complicate matters their research attracted a great deal of public attention and, as a result, a black market for psychedelics formed near the Harvard University Campus. Leary and Alpert founded the International Foundation for Internal Freedom in 1962 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In 1963 they relocated to a large mansion near Poughkeepsie, New York in a town called Millbrook and continued their experiments. Leary later wrote,

We saw ourselves as anthropologists from the twenty-first century inhabiting a time module set somewhere in the dark ages of the 1960s. On this space colony we were attempting to create a new paganism and a new dedication to life as art.

Repeated FBI raids ended the Millbrook era. Regarding a 1966 raid by G. Gordon Liddy, Leary told Paul Krassner, "He was a government agent entering our bedroom at midnight. We had every right to shoot him. But I've never owned a weapon in my life. I have never had and never will have a gun around."

yeah the first impression i get from reading the responses are "wow, this is probably some hippy drug" hahaha.

in hawaii the only thing we had 1. weed and ..2...something that was we called "batu", which im not sure what it is, but its ice or some shit smoked through a long glass tube. i just called it crack all my life but it could be, i think meth too maybe?? anyone from hawaii can clarify the english translation for "batu?"

*oh okay nevermind, i actually googl'ed it and its meth. so yeah, the only thing i grew up around was knowing potheads and some nasty bitches who smoked meth.

i think i didnt dabble in the drug scene because my parents werent into that shit (thank god) although my dad smoked some bud in his early years like twice in his life. and plus all the people i saw who did drugs in school looked fucking nasty and disgusting. and i was addicted to something else called internet and food.

food over drug addiction any day

fatass crew forever

im so naive when it comes to drugs... what is acid... like shit you sprinkle on candy and drinks?? i joke alot about crack and shooting up (because i seen it in movies) but other than bud (im from maui, therefore i know) i can't tell the difference between crank or dope or meth and so on.

but anyway, this situation is sad. adult party? sounds fishy to me, but i mean if its the next door neighbor who looks like mr. and mrs. perfect hosting their annual fourth of july bbq for the neighborhood, then of course your not really gunna know that their weirdo asses do acid and S&M late at night............. but still a 3 year old needs to be WATCHED at all times.. im thinking since it said "adult" party..... that there were no other kids at the party so alot of "adult" shit is gunna happen so why are they bringing the little boy along in the first place? yeah the mother is a dumbass for sure. she woulden't get shit for this if the cops didn't find it wrong to bring him to that party in the first place so it IS her fault.

as for the lil boy....... well if they start to treat him with some kinda detox early, he'll probably turn out fine. he probably needs some kind of counseling to make him understand what happened. they probably have to explain that what lil jimmy did was a "no-no" and that candies from strangers are not good and can hurt you and shit like that. and that he "ate some bad candies" and so forth. his mind is still young and fresh and although kids that age have brains that soak things up like a sponge, he might remember what happened, but im saying the damage could be irreversable too if he had lil counseling sessions.

I had no idea that DEE38 was this stupid.